1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 13:14
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Worst defensive performance by a much vaunted defense. I truly thought the game would be competitive, but ND embarrassed themselves, could not tackle, kept throwing deep when they could have thrown underneath to keep drives going, did not seem to have a clue. Bad defense, bad coaching, you name it it. Tried their hardest to lose and did! Alabama really ...[text shortened]... ame. Oregon did, but got jumped by Bama in a system that stinks. Can't wait for a real playoff!
    Oregon lost to Stanford a team ND beat. Alabama obviously deserved the bid.

There's not much to say; the Irish were off their game, played poorly in every phase (well they punted OK) and 'Bama executed flawlessly. I guess there's a reason why they've won 3 of the last 4 Championships.
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 13:412 edits
    Worst defensive performance by a much vaunted defense. I truly thought the game would be competitive, but ND embarrassed themselves, could not tackle, kept throwing deep when they could have thrown underneath to keep drives going, did not seem to have a clue. Bad defense, bad coaching, you name it it. Tried their hardest to lose and did! Alabama really ...[text shortened]... ame. Oregon did, but got jumped by Bama in a system that stinks. Can't wait for a real playoff!
    Pittsburgh had ND beat twice, and blew it twice. Didn't they lose handily to Ole Miss? ND had a softer schedule (mildly softer, they did beat OU) but clearly they were out-classed.

I hate Alabama with their Satanic leader, but this game was over in the 2nd quarter.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 13:59
    That was terrible. I figured Alabama would win, but I thought at least ND would make a fight out of it. As it is, I got home 20 minutes after the game started and it was already 7-0 and 'Bama was going in for a second score. Before I got a chance to settle in, the game was over and I was switching to the Knick game (another bad experience🙁).

And now I have to deal with the Patriots probably running up 50 more points on the Texans.

Oh well, at least hockey is back. With Nash added to what was already a good team, at least the Rangers should be good.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 14:12
    Originally posted by sh76
    That was terrible. I figured Alabama would win, but I thought at least ND would make a fight out of it. As it is, I got home 20 minutes after the game started and it was already 7-0 and 'Bama was going in for a second score. Before I got a chance to settle in, the game was over and I was switching to the Knick game (another bad experience🙁).

And now I have ...[text shortened]... is back. With Nash added to what was already a good team, at least the Rangers should be good.
    I was at a sports bar with 24 TVs on the BCS game and one on the Knicks-Celtics.

I moved my chair after it was 14-0.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 14:142 edits
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Pittsburgh had ND beat twice, and blew it twice. Didn't they lose handily to Ole Miss? ND had a softer schedule (mildly softer, they did beat OU) but clearly they were out-classed.

I hate Alabama with their Satanic leader, but this game was over in the 2nd quarter.
    ND also had close calls against BYU and Purdue. Still they were undefeated and did beat two of the top 12 in the final BCS rankings. Their regular season rightfully earned them a shot.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 14:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    ND also had close calls against BYU and Purdue. Still they were undefeated and did beat two of the top 12 in the final BCS rankings. Their regular season rightfully earned them a shot.
    I watched the game on Uverse, constantly backing and forwarding at fast speed. Honestly, it looked like Bama's O-line was just mowing the grass at Sunlife stadium..

Northern Illinois as you said earlier had earned their spot. They actually had a better showing.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 14:41
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I watched the game on Uverse, constantly backing and forwarding at fast speed. Honestly, it looked like Bama's O-line was just mowing the grass at Sunlife stadium..

Northern Illinois as you said earlier had earned their spot. They actually had a better showing.
    Really? The game was lopsided? I didn't realize that, thanks for sharing.

LSU got manhandled last year as well. It happens; ND played a bad game and Alabama an exceptional one.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 14:57
    Really? The game was lopsided? I didn't realize that, thanks for sharing.

LSU got manhandled last year as well. It happens; ND played a bad game and Alabama an exceptional one.
    You're quite welcome 😉
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 18:14

And now I have ...[text shortened]... is back. With Nash added to what was already a good team, at least the Rangers should be good.
    The Patriots are playing the Texans, not the Jets.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 20:35
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The Patriots are playing the Texans, not the Jets.
    Yeah, and what did they do last time they played the Texans?
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 21:09
    Yeah, and what did they do last time they played the Texans?
    That was last time. And before Shaunessy's article.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 22:29
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    That was last time. And before Shaunessy's article.
    The last time they played the Texans weren't slumping... that appears to be the game that caused the slump.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 00:26
    Oregon lost to Stanford a team ND beat. Alabama obviously deserved the bid.

There's not much to say; the Irish were off their game, played poorly in every phase (well they punted OK) and 'Bama executed flawlessly. I guess there's a reason why they've won 3 of the last 4 Championships.
    What I really resent is an already good team getting ref help, weird no calls, reviewable plays not getting reviewed in favor of opponent, interference with fair catch by own player called against ND. I am not saying ND would have won, but it has got to be really deflating to have to battle the refs and a formidable opponent. Manti Te'O unfortunately proved me right. Completely undeserving of all the national awards and accolades. Fan vote went for Clowny of S. Carolina, a real monster defensive player. I am also disgusted with a system that drops Oregon really far after losing to a more highly rated opponent and Alabama not very far at all after losing to A&M, then in the teens rankings wise. Two years in a row Alabama caught breaks it did not deserve, not because they are not good, but because they had failed to earn these. The same system that howled when OU went to the NCG after failing to win it's conference championship was content to look the other way for Alabama. ON everything else I completely agree with you.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 00:331 edit
    What I really resent is an already good team getting ref help, weird no calls, reviewable plays not getting reviewed in favor of opponent, interference with fair catch by own player called against ND. I am not saying ND would have won, but it has got to be really deflating to have to battle the refs and a formidable opponent. Manti Te'O unfortunately pr was content to look the other way for Alabama. ON everything else I completely agree with you.
    Alabama won their championship! The SEC is the toughest division in college football and this is backed up by advanced stats and until another division steps up and proves this the SEC champion will likely head to the big dance for years to come. Plus A&M might be Champion contenders next season as, if you don't remember, they have a FRESHMAN heisman winner who will probably put up even better numbers this year.

The truth is that Alabama was the best one loss team in the country when it was time to choose which team went to the championship and then when they got there they proved they were the best team period.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree