1. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:51
    Originally posted by blade68
    ARE ENGLAND GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN A TROPHY?

If Greece can do it..?
    Seriously, on our day, yes I believe we can.

I'm not a fan of Micah Richards - he looks good going forward, but lacks even schoolboy positional sense at the back.
    Ashley Young is a really exciting prospect though - and 2 footed!!!
    but how long have we been saying that?

I think last world cup was our best chance as far as i can remember..then you know who picked Wilcott as the 4th stricker, instead of Johnson or defoe!
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:54
    Originally posted by spurs73
    [b]but how long have we been saying that?
    I know, but the dream is still alive...

Can we get Bob Latchford out of retirement!
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 10:10
    I think last world cup was our best chance as far as i can remember..then you know who picked Wilcott as the 4th stricker, instead of Johnson or defoe!
    Anyone who thinks having Defoe in the team would have turned England into world beaters is deluded.

England are a team that is, if they hit form at the right time and get lucky, capable of winning a trophy. Greece did. There are a small number of teams that are good enough to go all the way without hitting top form. England are not one of those.

Therefore, with only one trophy on offer every two years, we can hope but we shouldn't expect all that much. And reaching a quarter-final is not a bad result (though failing to qualify is!)
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 00:10
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Scolari, would. Really. Honest. Scolari. Yep.

OH GOD PLEASE TAKE HIM AWAY!!!!!
    Lulz1
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 14:121 edit
    Originally posted by mtthw
    [b]Anyone who thinks having Defoe in the team would have turned England into world beaters is deluded.
    better then taking walcott who had not even played a prem league game in his life at the time!

Apart from Johnson, defoe and Bent..who could we have taken? All were/are better then Wilcott.

Owen had just come back from injury, Rooney if you remember was only 70% fit, so that left only crouch on the 4 forwards taking who was any good
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 19:06
    better then taking walcott who had not even played a prem league game in his life at the time!

Apart from Johnson, defoe and Bent..who could we have taken? All were/are better then Wilcott.

Owen had just come back from injury, Rooney if you remember was only 70% fit, so that left only crouch on the 4 forwards taking who was any good
    Oh, I agree we should have taken an extra forward. Thought so at the time. But to be honest, none of the possibilities were good enough to make that big a difference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree