1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 05:37
    Is it a good thing for ratings or a bad thing?

Personally I think it is bad. The only conference really interested in the game is the SEC. For all others, who cares?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 11:11
    Originally posted by @eladar

Personally I think it is bad. The only conference really interested in the game is the SEC. For all others, who cares?
    I know I have no real interest in watching Alabama play their cousins.

This may be the beginning of a domination of both teams in the NC. After all, Alabama seems to have created the football master race, so just so long as neither team marries outside their family, this domination should continue indefinitely.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 11:13
    Perhaps fans can start to boycott the NC game by not watching it like they did the NFL as it was brought to its knees.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 13:57
    When they started putting the games on espn my interest really dropped. I might be intrtested in the score and hope one team wins, but I really do not care to watch.

Sports in general are on the slide in the US.
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 15:39

There would be more interest if more conferences were represented, but with only 4 teams invited, some good teams will be left out. They need to up it to 8 teams, which would assure that the 5 major conferences would be there, along with an upstart like UCF. It would at least mean the SEC or Big 10 would have to beat people from 2 or 3 other conferences.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 16:09
    Originally posted by @john-osmar
    There would be more interest if more conferences were represented, but with only 4 teams invited, some good teams will be left out. They need to up it to 8 teams, which would assure that the 5 major conferences would be there, along with an upstart like UCF. It would at least mean the SEC or Big 10 would have to beat people from 2 or 3 other conferences.
    The more reps from the conference the more chances they get. The Rose Bowl was a toss up and the SEC won the flip basically.

If Conferences are to have equal chances then one slot from each conference.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 16:381 edit
    The more reps from the conference the more chances they get. The Rose Bowl was a toss up and the SEC won the flip basically.

If Conferences are to have equal chances then one slot from each conference.
    earn the chance during the season. Why do you think teams should just be given a shot? RTR
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 16:39
    Originally posted by @john-osmar
    The Big Ten is terrible this year, why would they want the Big Ten in the playoffs?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 16:40
    Nick Saban is 66 years old and he is going after national championship #6

Coincidence?
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 16:40
    Originally posted by @whodey

This may be the beginning of a domination of both teams in the NC. After all, Alabama seems to have created the football master race, so just so long as neither team marries outside their family, this domination should continue indefinitely.
    LOL...who is your team?
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 16:45
    Nick Saban is 66 years old and he is going after national championship #6

Coincidence?
    No Saban assistant has ever beaten him. Not only is Saban and the tide dominant, several prominent teams are coached by former Saban assistants.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/sabans-growing-coaching-tree-joins-titles-part-legacy
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 17:09

doesn't say much for your confidence in your team. and yes I am ignoring your childish remarks.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 16:391 edit
    Congrats to UCF who beat Auburn by a wide margin, making them the only undefeated college football team, thus also making them the true national champions!

As for the incest bowl, who cares?
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 17:25
    Congrats to UCF who beat Auburn by a wide margin, making them the only undefeated college football team, thus also making them the true national champions!

As for the incest bowl, who cares?
    who is YOUR team?

As an Alabama fan it seems we are against all other football teams. You know much about incest do ya?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    earn the chance during the season. Why do you think teams should just be given a shot? RTR
    Earn the right? Funny how the name on the jersey gives some teams an edge over others.

Why was Ohio State kept out? OU lost to Iowa State.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree