1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 20:22
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Congrats to UCF who beat Auburn by a wide margin, making them the only undefeated college football team, thus also making them the true national champions!

As for the incest bowl, who cares?
    I guess going undefeated means they didn't earn the right.

Didn't Auburn beat Alabama? They kicked the crap out of the team that kicked the crap out of Alabam and they still didn't earn the right.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 00:00
    If you want to make them earn it, set up a 16 team playoff with one guaranteed slot for every conference champion.

No more than two teams from any one conference. 11 conferences means 5 slots for non champions.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 12:271 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I guess going undefeated means they didn't earn the right.

Didn't Auburn beat Alabama? They kicked the crap out of the team that kicked the crap out of Alabam and they still didn't earn the right.
    Many factors have to be considered. When Auburn beat bama, Bama had many players out due to injury. Then there is strength of schedule. Thye SEC is a brutal conference that actually plays defense. An example is the Clemson game. They were averaging over 500 yards of offense...only got 188 on Bama.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 19:411 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Many factors have to be considered. When Auburn beat bama, Bama had many players out due to injury. Then there is strength of schedule. Thye SEC is a brutal conference that actually plays defense. An example is the Clemson game. They were averaging over 500 yards of offense...only got 188 on Bama.
    When Georgia beat OU, OU's quarterback was sick.

In any case, an undefeated team isn't natiinal champion. How can you seriously say a team can earn its spot?
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 22:13
    When Georgia beat OU, OU's quarterback was sick.

In any case, an undefeated team isn't natiinal champion. How can you seriously say a team can earn its spot?
    There has been several undefeated teams that didn't win a national championship. If they want on that stage they need to schedule teams that will mean something. I think their strength of schedule this year was 88 out of 120 teams.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 01:47
    There has been several undefeated teams that didn't win a national championship. If they want on that stage they need to schedule teams that will mean something. I think their strength of schedule this year was 88 out of 120 teams.
    You said teams need to earn their way to a national championship.

The fact is teams do no earn their way. Big name schools fight for the right to play for it.

16 team playoff would fix that.

Reminds me of the year Alabama lost to that team from Utah in a bowl game. That Utah team got screwed too.
  7. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 14:53
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The Big Ten is terrible this year, why would they want the Big Ten in the playoffs?
    The Big Ten won 7 of the 8 bowl games they played in. I agree that they did not have a team to replace any of the final four chosen, but they weren't terrible.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 19:16
    You said teams need to earn their way to a national championship.

The fact is teams do no earn their way. Big name schools fight for the right to play for it.

16 team playoff would fix that.

Reminds me of the year Alabama lost to that team from Utah in a bowl game. That Utah team got screwed too.
    what do you tell the 17th team?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 04:16
    what do you tell the 17th team?
    Win your conference.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 12:25
    Win your conference.
    Didn't know there were nine conferences.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 14:24
    Didn't know there were nine conferences.
    There are 11 division 1a conferences.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 17:47
    There are 11 division 1a conferences.
    not contenders
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 04:40
    not contenders
    So every team should not be given the chance to earn a championship, sort of like what we have right now it seems.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 11:21
    If we got rid of teams who do not stand a chance UCF would never have played Auburn. That Utah team would mever have played Alabama. We would have known Alabama and Auburn would always beat those teams, but they lost.

It must have been very humiliating to you seeing ol nick's team losing to a nobody team in on New Year's day.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 19:35
    So every team should not be given the chance to earn a championship, sort of like what we have right now it seems.
    There are only 5 conferences that matter...the rest play JV football

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree