1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 13:21
    pete rose did not deserve to be in the same stadium as mays, aaron, koufax and bench
    rose looked like a clown compared to those four greats of the game
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '15 11:18
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    pete rose did not deserve to be in the same stadium as mays, aaron, koufax and bench
    rose looked like a clown compared to those four greats of the game
    Say wut?

Did Pete Rose break the all time hit record? Yes he did, so what are you babbling about?

Is it that Pete bet on baseball? Are we going to restrict those who have character flaws from being in the Hall of fame? If so, then Ty Cobb should be taken out of the Hall of fame as well. You know who that is, that is the player who once had the all time hit record and is in the Hall of Fame for it.

Do you know anything about Ty Cobb? He was perhaps the most hated man in baseball. To give you a taste, Ty Cobb's own teammates sent a letter of congrats to the player who beat Ty Cobb for a batting title. But that is not why you should disdain him, you should disdain him because Ty Cobb nearly beat to death a man in a wheelchair for calling him a half negro. At that time, they banned Ty Cobb from baseball for almost murdering the handicapped man, but because of the racism in baseball at that time, they all went on strike and demanded he be reinstated. It was the first baseball strike in MLB history. And it worked. Not only was he reinstated, but he now sits proud in the Hall of Fame.

So tell us again why Pete is such a bad man? Did he ever bet to lose? If you think that, you don't know Pete. Like Cobb, Pete was driven to win at all costs. So essentially you want Pete to disappear because he broke the rules about gambling to win and because he is a liar.

Duly noted.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 00:24
    the lies still pour from his mouth
    and he still looks like a clown
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 08:00
    he no doubt has the numbers for induction but little else and I think the majority of writers agree with me for now
    he will eventually weasel his way into the hall because people will forgive and forget the ass that he was
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 13:43
    Have you ever lied?

Have the players in the Hall of Fame lied?

I'm guessing yes to both.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 13:44
    he no doubt has the numbers for induction but little else and I think the majority of writers agree with me for now
    he will eventually weasel his way into the hall because people will forgive and forget the ass that he was
    He holds the record for the most hits.

He did this by compiling a long career and hitting for a high average.

Conversely, Barry Bonds holds the record for the most home runs after taking steroids.

Now who is more deserving to be in the Hall of Fame do you reckon?
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 15:01
    he will get in
    I just hope not in his lifetime
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 17:54
    he will get in
    I just hope not in his lifetime
    Sure, let'em die first, that'll show'em!! 😵
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 01:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sure, let'em die first, that'll show'em!! 😵
    we finally agree on something
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 12:09
    we finally agree on something
    For the most part I think awards of any kind are a total waste of time and nothing more than political beauty contests.

Just look at who wins a Nobel Peace Prize, a terrorist like Yassar Arafat or a clown like Obama. Or how about Jenner winning some ridiculous courage award after it had been learned that the winner had been negotiated to win.

The Hall of Fame can shove their nomination for Pete where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned. Everyone knows he is the hit king and always will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree