1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 16:53
    I'm really looking forward to the elimination of the USA from this World Cup. I wasn't before, I enjoy watching USA play, they're quite a dynamic and organised team and I want soccer to grow in the USA with Dempsey and Howard and Bradley(sr) leading the way.

But once they're out of the competition all of the false fans in here will evaporate and the rest of us can get back to discussing the games properly with other genuine football enthusiasts, rather than the blind patriots who are currently spamming up the place.
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 17:01
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I'm really looking forward to the elimination of the USA from this World Cup. I wasn't before, I enjoy watching USA play, they're quite a dynamic and organised team and I want soccer to grow in the USA with Dempsey and Howard and Bradley(sr) leading the way.

But once they're out of the competition all of the false fans in here will evaporate and the res ...[text shortened]... ootball enthusiasts, rather than the blind patriots who are currently spamming up the place.
    "Soccer to grow " You mean football to grow !!
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 17:08

But once they're out of the competition all of the false fans in here will evaporate and the res ...[text shortened]... ootball enthusiasts, rather than the blind patriots who are currently spamming up the place.
    ugggh
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 18:21
    Originally posted by phil3000
    "Soccer to grow " You mean football to grow !!
    I was trying to be nice and write in a way that they'd understand.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 19:131 edit
    I was trying to be nice and write in a way that they'd understand.
    I see you have a big horn you're blowing on too!

Go Ghana Go!!

Go U.S.A. GO!!
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 14:051 edit
    I thought American Football meant what we call Football here in the US. I was hoping to see a football thread, but no it's just another soccer thread.
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 14:29
    But once they're out of the competition all of the false fans in here will evaporate and the rest of us can get back to discussing the games properly with other genuine football enthusiasts, rather than the blind patriots who are currently spamming up the place.
    You mean the 5 or 6 usual suspects droning on about the Man Utd vs. Liverpool feud or arguing about the Champions League results? Yeah, can't wait to see that clique back in action!

Personally, I love the diversity the World Cup brings. Temporary fans or not, it's good to see people showing their interest in football and sparking debates and conversations.
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 15:05
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You mean the 5 or 6 usual suspects droning on about the Man Utd vs. Liverpool feud or arguing about the Champions League results? Yeah, can't wait to see that clique back in action!

Personally, I love the diversity the World Cup brings. Temporary fans or not, it's good to see people showing their interest in football and sparking debates and conversations.
    Most (but not all) of the USA posters here behave like some spoilt little brat that just found out about something really old and are now acting like they're experts on the subject, wearing their arrogance and ignorance on their sleeves.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 15:31
    Looks like somone is suffering from a form of penis envy.
  10. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 18:27
    Most (but not all) of the USA posters here behave like some spoilt little brat that just found out about something really old and are now acting like they're experts on the subject, wearing their arrogance and ignorance on their sleeves.
    True, there are a few vocal individuals doing that.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 20:42
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    True, there are a few vocal individuals doing that.
    One of 'em even got a rec! 😠
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 20:42
    A few individuals or "most"?

Or are there so few US people on this forum?
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 01:092 edits

So sore RSA got eliminated? Gotta take it out on us Yanks? Thankfully we got real football sans the wounded ballerina dives, blind refs, fake offsides, fake fouls, yellow and red cards and other such garbage ruining the sport. Great cup, BTW. Hope the sport grows in your homeland as well as the cup might pique interest! We'll see how this increased interest gets everyone in RSA excited and they appear in a cup they actually qualify for instead of simply as host nation. USA has qualified for the last eight cups. And also you smug bunch of know it alls you and the limeys, before you even knew a soccer ball was round the USA came in third in the very first WC in 1930. Someday, maybe, someday RSA might make it to the round of 16, assuming they actually qualify first! We have actually been to the semis. How's that for creating interest in the USA? Evaporate? In your dreams!
  14. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 01:201 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    So sore RSA got eliminated? Gotta take it out on us Yanks? Thankfully we got real football sans the wounded ballerina dives, blind refs, fake offsides, fake fouls, yellow and red cards and other such garbage ruining the sport. Great cup, BTW. Hope the sport grows in your homeland as well as the cup might pique interest! We'll see how this increased inte ...[text shortened]... lly been to the semis. How's that for creating interest in the USA? Evaporate? In your dreams!
    First, your assumption that I support South African football is amusing. The domestic league here is the worst in the world that I have ever seen, even beating the MLS. And the national team is entangled with politics which I find distasteful to say the least.

Second, glad you want the sport to grow here, but that would be like hoping that baseball or whatever grows in the USA. Football is South Africa's number 1 sport.

Third, my original post, believe it or not, was not directed at you, as you seem to know a lot more about football (but still have quite a lot to learn), than your moronic, patriotic friends who only notice the game's existence once every four years for two weeks until the USA is eliminated.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 01:341 edit
    First, your assumption that I support South African football is amusing. The domestic league here is the worst in the world that I have ever seen, even beating the MLS. And the national team is entangled with politics which I find distasteful to say the least.

Second, glad you want the sport to grow here, but that would be like hoping that baseball or w y notice the game's existence once every four years for two weeks until the USA is eliminated.
    what kind of politics? reason i ask is that i was going to buy the south African football strip, but i will really need to reconsider if this is the case. Also please be kind to our American friends, they tried their best and many of them really were gripped by the football, why deny them the joy simply because they dont know much about it or indulge in it less frequently?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree