1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 20:05
    The Preseason Scedule is out as of April 2nd.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 22:48
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The Preseason Scedule is out as of April 2nd.
    This thread is closed til baseball season is OVAH!

P-
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 00:23
    It's called "football," not American football. There's football, and then there's soccer. Either you're with us or against us.
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 01:00
    If you haven't noticed, there's a lot more players on this site than just Americans.. I think they said "American Football" out of respect for those that don't call it soccer (most everyone else!)
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 01:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    😠
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 02:01
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    If you haven't noticed, there's a lot more players on this site than just Americans.. I think they said "American Football" out of respect for those that don't call it soccer (most everyone else!)
    Seahawks fans are so self centered 🙄
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 03:08
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Seahawks fans are so self centered 🙄
    C'mon, you gotta be nice to those fledgling franchises!
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 03:17
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I always say NFL so I don't have stretcher-lovers thinking I'm talking about 'fotbol'.

P-
  9. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 03:28

P-
    I second that.
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 03:41
    I always say NFL so I don't have stretcher-lovers thinking I'm talking about 'fotbol'.

P-
    me2 actually... I've seen ARF a lot as well (Australian Rules Football)
  11. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 09:18
    who calls it arf. it's aussie rules but gaelic football still is the best of all the football games
  12. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 09:241 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    It's called "football," not American football. There's football, and then there's soccer. Either you're with us or against us.
    No.
    "Football" is the world game, the rules of which founded in 1863 by the Football Association where the game is played principally with the... err foot using a round ball.

"American football" first documented game was in 1869 but the rules were very much different to those of American football today. The game was standardised in something like it's modern form only as recently as the early 1900's.

"Soccer" is something people in the US call fooball to distinguish it from American football game where most of the so-called action takes place with the oval "ball" in hand!
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 12:53
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    No.
    "Football" is the world game, the rules of which founded in 1863 by the Football Association where the game is played principally with the... err foot using a round ball.

"American football" first documented game was in 1869 but the rules were very much different to those of American football today. The game was standardised in something like i ...[text shortened]... ball game where most of the so-called action takes place with the oval "ball" in hand!
    The ball is shaped like a foot. A very strange foot in NFL. Nothing to do with clowns pretending to run around or get hurt while they try to crush the other team One to Nothing.

P-
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 14:14
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    No.

"American football" first documented game was in 1869 but the rules were very much different to those of American football today. The game was standardised in something like i ...[text shortened]... ball game where most of the so-called action takes place with the oval "ball" in hand!
    So you agree that the game is rightly called soccer. Good. After all, if the Americans call it soccer then everyone else should to. That's called having respect for your superiors.

Soccer is a fun sport to watch. It's kinda like ping pong. Entertaining, but mostly for wimps.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 14:26
    Originally posted by telerion
    So you agree that the game is rightly called soccer. Good. After all, if the Americans call it soccer then everyone else should to. That's called having respect for your superiors.

Soccer is a fun sport to watch. It's kinda like ping pong. Entertaining, but mostly for wimps.
    Never seen a ping pong game go tied at zero with a shootoff at the end.

😠

I would CrUsH you!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree