1. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 06:12
    First Brit in Wimbledon final for 74 years. Yay! Some sensational play against Tsonga in semis, but Inhave a seeking feeling Federer will simply up his game and regain World No. 1. Don't warm to Murray (quite like the girlfriend).
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 08:46
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    First Brit in Wimbledon final for 74 years. Yay! Some sensational play against Tsonga in semis, but Inhave a seeking feeling Federer will simply up his game and regain World No. 1. Don't warm to Murray (quite like the girlfriend).
    Like the rest of the partisan low-brow north-of-the-wall haggis-munchers (who are thankfully not representative of their country), the guy is a charmless miserable Anglophobe. I'll be rooting for Fed.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 09:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Like the rest of the partisan low-brow north-of-the-wall haggis-munchers (who are thankfully not representative of their country), the guy is a charmless miserable Anglophobe. I'll be rooting for Fed.
    Is He an Anglophobe or just proud of his Scottish identity? I understand He gets on really well with 'Tigger'.

I will be rooting for Him regardless, Federer's arms must be getting tired from lifting all those Grand Slam trophies.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 10:33
    I used to think that until i heard him on a 5live 'Audience with Andy Murray' show, he came across completely different on that. One thing that struck me was his really odd voice, one minute he was talking in his Scottish accent and then he would flip and talk in a really posh English accent for a sentence and then back to the Scottish. One of the strangest things i've heard. He's grown on me during the last few years, but i'll be rooting for Federer, in my eyes the greatest sportsman of my generation.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 11:221 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I used to think that until i heard him on a 5live 'Audience with Andy Murray' show, he came across completely different on that. One thing that struck me was his really odd voice, one minute he was talking in his Scottish accent and then he would flip and talk in a really posh English accent for a sentence and then back to the Scottish. One of the years, but i'll be rooting for Federer, in my eyes the greatest sportsman of my generation.
    All Scots have two accents, its so you zoobs south of Gretna can understand us! When
    will you realise that we speak a different dialect, its called lowland Scots? There is
    nothing worse than some spangled angle from Milton Keynes, 'you what jock'. I find
    it ultimately ironic that Murry, although being Scottish is good enough to merit being
    British but no Scots are good enough to play soccer for team GB. I dont think he will
    take a set from Fed, to be honest. Murry will need to play brilliantly and Fed badly for
    any chance of a British victory.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 11:24
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Is He an Anglophobe or just proud of his Scottish identity? I understand He gets on really well with 'Tigger'.

I will be rooting for Him regardless, Federer's arms must be getting tired from lifting all those Grand Slam trophies.
    your magnanimity is noted.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 11:32
    Latest price to obtain a Men's Final ticket?

US$ 26,000

jEEZ....... When you can get a better view on BBC for nout! 😀

-m.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 11:58
    I heard he popped into the "kings head " pub in Wimbledon for a quick half and was thrown out because it was "happy hour " .
    It's funny how the Scots hate the English but want to live and work in England .
    I'll be rooting for Federer too .
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 12:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your magnanimity is noted.
    The underdog for me, wherever they be.

But I am not sure if Federer played well or Djokovic played badly, We shall see.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I heard he popped into the "kings head " pub in Wimbledon for a quick half and was thrown out because it was "happy hour " .
    It's funny how the Scots hate the English but want to live and work in England .
    I'll be rooting for Federer too .
    no one wants to work and live in England, are you joking, you cannot even drink your
    water. In fact go to the highlands of Scotland and there are more English than Scots.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 12:50
    no one wants to work and live in England, are you joking, you cannot even drink your
    water. In fact go to the highlands of Scotland and there are more English than Scots.
    For a man who claims to despise nationalism you are rather ironically very nationalistic, but then again you are a man of many contradictions.🙂
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 13:102 edits
    For a man who claims to despise nationalism you are rather ironically very nationalistic, but then again you are a man of many contradictions.🙂
    That is where you are quite wrong, I want there to be a team GB, made up of members
    from the four constituent parts of the UK, I dont like that there is national division, have
    I not stated that i would support such a concept? I despise Scottish nationalism as
    much as I do English nationalism. I am glad for the English in the highlands, i have
    said that they are most welcome to it here and elsewhere, as long as they respect our
    cultural traditions and i have met not a a few of them, in fact, the most pleasant and
    welcoming were a couple i met from London who had sold up and bought a little cottage
    near Dornock, they were awesome.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 13:53
    He's grown on me during the last few years
    He's grown up during the last few years. Considering his age, that's not all that surprising, either. But a more mature Murray is certainly not a put-off like the teenage Murray was.

but i'll be rooting for Federer, in my eyes the greatest sportsman of my generation.

So will I. There's just something about the man that's sympathetic.

Richard
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 13:54
    Murry will need to play brilliantly and Fed badly for any chance of a British victory.
    English victory. English victory, Scots defeat. You know how it goes; this tournament is broadcast by the BBC, not by Ayrshire TV.

Richard
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 13:57
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    The underdog for me, wherever they be.

But I am not sure if Federer played well or Djokovic played badly, We shall see.
    Federer played well. Djoko got a set, remember - and almost got his second, in one game.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree