1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 11:09
    Originally posted by roma45
    i think the worst thing about this is murray having a microphone rammed in his mouth about 1 minute after losing, the same goes for football managers, normally after the ref has made a huge blunder, the manager normally ends up on a charge, if the bbc had given murray a little time to compose him self before asking dumb questions, as for gazza he knew before ...[text shortened]... n even celtic fans in his company, as for murray he was still in it untill he lost the last game
    good point about the microphone, does that happend in all grand slams?

gazza may have been on a yellow, but a decision to make a tackle is done in less than a second, you dont always have time to do a risk analysis. you also have to remember it was 1990 when it was much harder to get a yellow card. you can tell by gazza's reaction that he didnt think- he just reacted to the moment.

of coarse in tennis its not over until the final point. but if you are 2-1 down in sets and lost serve in the 3rd against a machine of a player, you are going to know that the odds are stacked against you, so its not much of a shock when you are beat. its like going 5-0 down in football match in the first half, you may keep trying but your not going to be shocked after 90mins when you have lost the game.

ive got another theory of why gazza's tears are more accepted than murrays. it could be because gazza had a storming game, he was awesome and it felt like he had be robbed and that he deserved to be in the final. murray kinda went out with a whimper, moaning to himself, with his head hung, if he'd taken it right to the end in a battle, then his tears would be understandable.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 13:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Jeez, get a SoH dude.
    Get a girlfriend, darling.

Richard
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 17:36
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Get a girlfriend, darling.

Richard
    I've been meaning to ask, why do you feel compelled to sign every one of your posts "Richard"? Do you talk like that too - "hi my name is Richard" "Richard".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree