1. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 15:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The Scottish government should erect a statue in Stirling castle for Andy, now a Scottish folk legend, beside Robert Bruce, James MacFadden and Diego Maradonna and hopefully one of Sabine Lisicki, just for good taste.
    Yes - I wonder what will happen to his fan base south of the border if Scotland votes for independence and suddenly Andy isn't a "British" player any more!
  2. Joined
    30 Aug '12
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 15:54
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Yes. 2010 Australian Open QF.
    Thanks I had no idea!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 15:56
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Yes - I wonder what will happen to his fan base south of the border if Scotland votes for independence and suddenly Andy isn't a "British" player any more!
    Hmmm, I wonder if we shall be issued with a Scottish passport if people vote for independence, cool, a citizen of Scotland, no longer a subject of a foreign monarchy, meh same ol jive talk, new boss same as old boss.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 12:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hmmm, I wonder if we shall be issued with a Scottish passport if people vote for independence, cool, a citizen of Scotland, no longer a subject of a foreign monarchy, meh same ol jive talk, new boss same as old boss.
    Why would you need a passport? You wouldn't be able to afford to go on holiday once you start picking up your own social security bill, bail out your own banks etc.

🙂
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 12:471 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Why would you need a passport? You wouldn't be able to afford to go on holiday once you start picking up your own social security bill, bail out your own banks etc.

🙂
    why dont you let us worry about that, we are only five/six million, as soon as we have access to our own mineral wealth then you can start queuing up at the border for a visa! I really have no idea the way the vote will go, as I am apolitical, I will not be voting, but I wouldn't rule out independence, the union has never been popular here anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree