1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 01:50
    I know there's still 20 min of football left to play, but I'm gonna come out now and admit that I was wrong. Rex Grossman is the greatest QB. Peyton and Tom have nothing on him. He's a STAR!!!
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 02:26
    Update:

There's now just under 12 minutes left in the game. Rex has turned the ball over what 3 or 4 times? I just can't apologize enough. Boy was I ever wrong.
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 02:32
    Just want to apologize a third time now. There is 9:55 left, and I'm becoming more and more impressed with Rex Grossman. Amazing talent. He'll get even better in 2007. I think he has to by definition.
  4. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 03:11
    I find it great that no one replied to this 😀

Yes rex didn't play as good of a game as he could've. The rain and fumbles and slippery balls just ruined the game for everyone.

The Bears aren't through and can easily rape their way to the SuperBowl again next year. And manning does deserve to finally get it. As long as the faggot a$$ Pats don't win, I'm cool.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 04:42
    Originally posted by Hypa

Yes rex didn't play as good of a game as he could've. The rain and fumbles and slippery balls just ruined the game for everyone.

The Bears aren't through and can easily rape their way to the SuperBowl again next year. And manning does deserve to finally get it. As long as the faggot a$$ Pats don't win, I'm cool.
    Hey, I had to serve up a little humble pie. Congrats to Bears fans on a great season. You'll be tough next year.

I'm done beating up on Rex. He's been humbled enough.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 07:37
    Originally posted by telerion
    Hey, I had to serve up a little humble pie. Congrats to Bears fans on a great season. You'll be tough next year.

I'm done beating up on Rex. He's been humbled enough.
    he should try european league, or arena football.
  7. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 04:241 edit
    Yea, honestly, I feel in a way this is good for him. I feel all the scrutinizing, COMBINED with the BRAND NEW Rex Grossman hate threads, and groups on facebook. Hell, two of my lady friends are sending me comments on Myspace trash talking him saying they wanna punch him out. I'm trying to cool off, and still defend, as I'm not a fairweather fan like all females I know, I will show my much superior sports knowledge and try to cool them off as well.

I believe it all will cause him to train and prepare like no other this offseason, and next season.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:43
    Originally posted by Hypa

"Slippery balls."
  9. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 13:20
    There was 36 mins between your posts yet only 8 minutes passed in the game.

I want to live where you live.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 14:15
    Originally posted by invigorate

You should see it around here during basketball games. The last 5 seconds can take 10 minutes!
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 00:11
    Originally posted by invigorate

Great spot!
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 00:30
    Originally posted by blade68
    Great spot!
    You and invigorate both of you realize that in american football the clock STOPS everytime a pass is incomplete, a runner goes out of bounds, a timeout is called, a penalty is called, a touchdown or fieldgoal is scored, and a few other instances. Hence, it would not be uncommon for 8 minutes of clocktime to take 36 minutes of realtime? Perhaps you were joking, if not then now you know why.
  13. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 05:14
    Originally posted by telerion
    You should see it around here during basketball games. The last 5 seconds can take 10 minutes!
    Yea, after a while of watching sports(particularly basketball), at 7:00 every night, and then realizing all the games end around 9:30, and your logic telling you there are 4, 12 minute quarters, you start to figure out, how much the clock stops, including timeouts, and half time shows/commercials.

And yes, when there is a close game in basketball, the clock barely moves.

If losing try to steal or get a defensive stop, if successful try for a quick lay-up or jump shot, if they get the ball to a average free throw shooter, foul immediately, hope they miss at least one, get the ball back, try a quick lay-up again, or if desperate, a 3 pointer.

Rinse repeat.