Moves
    07 Sep '07 20:53
    Final score. Oops.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 21:09
    7/2 for the argie win at skybet. Great odds for what was always on the cards.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 21:13
    I like the underdog putting it to the favourites, but I hope the French don't go out in the first round.
    The host nation needs to sta$y in to keep the competition going...
  4. Standard memberGoatboysrevenge
    Justice 4 the 96
    Airstrip One
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 21:53
    It's good to see a 'shock' result, but I think the only shock in this was how many mistakes the French made, I didn't expect them to crack so easily!

Fair play to Argentina though, they defended superbly, but can they keep it up? Or was that result a one off?
  5. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 08:35
    Originally posted by Goatboysrevenge
    It's good to see a 'shock' result, but I think the only shock in this was how many mistakes the French made, I didn't expect them to crack so easily!

Fair play to Argentina though, they defended superbly, but can they keep it up? Or was that result a one off?
    Nah. The Argies don't have the game to make it all the way and I reckon they will regard it as a great tournament should they make the last four. They play a scrappy kind of game without really taking control. I was surprised how easily the French pushed the Argie scrum around - that's always been one of their strengths. Their lineouts were terrible, too.
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 12:47
    A great win for Argentina, but as I think back on the game... I have to say, how on earth did they do it?

Let's be honest. The French were terrible. A lot of the errors they were making happened when there wasn't an Argentine player withing 10 meters. But forget how bad the French were... how about Argentina?

Sure, their defence was brilliant; but that was about it.

Their lineout was poor.
    Their scrum got smashed.
    Their maul defence was unorganised and weak.
    Their backline lacked attacking flair.
    They missed countless drop-goal and penalty attempts.

The only reason the Argentines ever really got the ball was because of French errors. I couldn't count the number of times that the French nicked the ball only to get turned over in the next ruck. I expect the mighty US Eagles to put up a better effort at the breakdown than that this evening.

Truly abysmal from France and the Pumas jumped at the chance to take thier most important ever win. Fair play to them, but are they world beaters yet? No-where close, I'm afraid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree