1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 23:51
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    However, until Juan's header went in, that was ANYBODY'S game. Chile were attacking so hard that they had Brazil looking quite nervous. Then the goal, then Chile lost their focus. Brazil can't expect to face a defence as weak as that for the rest of the tournament.
    I did not see Chile creating even the remotest threat or making anyone nervous, certainly not the Brazilians. The Brazilians will lull you, goad you into attacking, make you believe that you stand a chance; then bam, pow! Right in the kisser! Netherlands will have their hands full. Now mind you, I'd prefer Netherlands to win that one(quarterfinal) or Brazil might win this cup then again in 2014. It was never anybody's game at all. Brazil does not get nervous.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 03:04
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Please Lord, let the Netherlands beat Brazil.

Amen.
    In your febrile dreams. You're the same one who thought Chile made Brazil nervous. Look at those first 15' stats. Compare shots on goal, corners, real danger chances. Not exactly the workings of a nervous team at all! Netherlands is very, very good. Just not good enough. Braxil hardly broke a sweat against Chile. PLus they will have Elano back! Bye, bye Netherlands!
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 00:08
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    In your febrile dreams. You're the same one who thought Chile made Brazil nervous. Look at those first 15' stats. Compare shots on goal, corners, real danger chances. Not exactly the workings of a nervous team at all! Netherlands is very, very good. Just not good enough. Braxil hardly broke a sweat against Chile. PLus they will have Elano back! Bye, bye Netherlands!
    Elano is not back. Actually, he's probably not going to play anymore in the World Cup. And Brazil has also lost Felipe Melo and Julio Batista (injuries) and Ramires (suspension).

Midfield will probably be Gilberto Silva, Daniel Alves, Josué and Kaká.

All 3 games between Brazil and Netherlands in Cup history were very disputed. Brazil lost in 74, won in 94 (3-2) and tied in 98 (winning in penalties).

It's going to be a well disputed game again.

I just want to see how Brazil is going to deal with Michel Bastos (poor defender) against Robben...

but we'll win!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 00:57
    Originally posted by monteirof
    Elano is not back. Actually, he's probably not going to play anymore in the World Cup. And Brazil has also lost Felipe Melo and Julio Batista (injuries) and Ramires (suspension).

Midfield will probably be Gilberto Silva, Daniel Alves, Josué and Kaká.

All 3 games between Brazil and Netherlands in Cup history were very disputed. Brazil lost in 74, won ...[text shortened]... razil is going to deal with Michel Bastos (poor defender) against Robben...

but we'll win!
    That's too bad about Elano. But they did not have Elano against Chile and played quite well. Brazil has never defended all that well throughout their history. Their defense is offense. One small hole in back won't spring a huge leak. Never forget Brazil has not yet reached full steam. I assure you it will not be tight. Brazil does not make huge disastrous plays like England, Mexico, and others. Ramires will be harder to sub then Melo or Batista. Maicon will elevate his game and a constant thorn up the side. HOw is Netherlands going to defense so many weapons?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 12:571 edit
    That's too bad about Elano. But they did not have Elano against Chile and played quite well. Brazil has never defended all that well throughout their history. Their defense is offense. One small hole in back won't spring a huge leak. Never forget Brazil has not yet reached full steam. I assure you it will not be tight. Brazil does not make huge disastro ...[text shortened]... is game and a constant thorn up the side. HOw is Netherlands going to defense so many weapons?
    The might of Germany shall overwhelm the pretenders from south America. We have seen the cream of Europe already vanquish the Brazilians with a display of technical virtuosity, only Argentina stands in the way of Die Mannschaft kissing the golden cup. Like water we shall gently flow through the weaknesses and cracks of this Argentinian side and cascade into goal like an insatiable torrent leaving Messi and his friends, shipwrecked on the shore of desire! The waves shall mingle with our spirit and breed snorting sea monsters. carrying us home to victory and glory. Let us think of our brothers, those ancient Ones , who now feast in the Halls of Valhalla, across the rainbow bridge, who defied the might of the Roman empire, Germany above all!
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The might of Germany shall overwhelm the pretenders from south America. We have seen the cream of Europe already vanquish the Brazilians with a display of technical virtuosity, only Argentina stands in the way of Die Mannschaft kissing the golden cup. Like water we shall gently flow through the weaknesses and cracks of this Argentinian side and casc ...[text shortened]... alhalla, across the rainbow bridge, who defied the might of the Roman empire, Germany above all!
    I like both teams. I hope we have a great game sans the messy play of Brazil-Netherlands! If Germany wins I see them going all the way. If Argentina wins, I don't see them beating Spain.

I did not know you could wax so poetic!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:161 edit
    I like both teams. I hope we have a great game sans the messy play of Brazil-Netherlands! If Germany wins I see them going all the way. If Argentina wins, I don't see them beating Spain.

I did not know you could wax so poetic!
    Lol, my dear friend, it is time to feel the grip! A stirring pre battle speech was in order, to calm the nerves and preserve our focus! Afterwards when we are full of mirth or sorrow, we can reflect and wax on the poetry. I really love these American phrases. Hopefully your sentiments of a honourable game will carry and it will be a classic 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree