1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 21:17
    Originally posted by trev33
    the fact that you don't vote is irrelevant, in the next election have you got the chance to vote for either party with a chance of winning the election?
    nope, having the right to vote is irrelevant when one is denied ones own national sovereignty, yes i can vote for miss Scotland, but more persons living in England shall make sure through greater numbers that Miss England wins, even though i would like to vote for miss Scotland, and she shall be crowned Miss U.K, i dont think so.
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 09:281 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    when we shall be a sovereign state in our own right, then you can make references to the mind, as it it, it is self evident that you do not understand, for at present we cannot even cliam the human right of self determination.
    Nobody has self-determination in that sense on an individual level, which is the only level that is particularly meaningful. You've arbitrarily decided that the only level that matters is "Scotland", but it's no more natural than other levels.

And this idea that England is one single mass is a myth. I'm from Yorkshire. We don't have self-determination either. Our votes are of comparable importance to yours (less, actually, since Scottish constituencies are smaller than English ones, which means that Scottish votes actually have a greater weight). You've got exactly the same level of self-determination as us.

The only difference is that we don't have the same inferiority complex that makes you bang on about the English all the time. Honestly, it's like listening to eejits in England getting worked up about the French or Germans. 🙂
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 09:28
    Sports forum? Really? 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 13:412 edits
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Sports forum? Really? 🙂
    oh my dear friend, i had no intention whatsoever of reaching the depraved depths of nationalism, truly, you must realise that there is a history here, the tragic effects of the union of the crowns, the break up of the clan systems after the battle of Culloden, the highland clearances between 1700s and 1860s (not that long ago) the memories of which are still reverberating in the people to this day, you cannot dismiss it out of hand. A whole fabric of society was killed off, people shipped off to the new world. if you go to the highlands of Scotland you will see, scattered throughout the hills and glens, the remnants of houses, entire villages forced from their homes. Now, we are not so naive as to suggest for one moment that it was the result of our cousins across the border, but it was the direct consequence of the break up of the clan system, systematically destroyed by the British government. this cannot be denied. Until you can understand this, you shall have a merely superficial view, and lay the blame on some kind of perverted nationalism, it could not be further from the truth.

i myself visit Yorkshire every Christmas time, because we have friends there that we love to see, yes they are complete Angles, but we love them deeply.

you are correct, this type of thing is best reserved for the debates forum, but i lay the blame directly upon the insidious trev33, who laid the tracks, from whence we now stand.

You must forgive our little indulgences, deep down I cannot explain why we love to see you getting tanked, we just do. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree