1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    06 May '09 22:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    By the letter of the law, if he deems it a foul and a penalty, then he has to produce the red.

It wasn't even a foul. Anybody know if he's submitted his match report yet? Only way to save Fletcher for the final.

D
    Clear foul.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:47
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Clear foul.
    How so? Any serious contact occured AFTER Fletcher won the ball.

D
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:06

D
    Without doing what he did with his hands, Fletcher would have never touched the ball.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 May '09 20:53
    Without doing what he did with his hands, Fletcher would have never touched the ball.
    Contact was minimal with the hands. Even a Portugueso who thinks that football is a non contact sport would have to see that it didn't warrant a foul.

Video proof here, http://forum.rojadirecta.com/viewtopic.php?t=65887 search for the post by kehl for a working vid of the incident.

D
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 22:402 edits
    Contact was minimal with the hands. Even a Portugueso who thinks that football is a non contact sport would have to see that it didn't warrant a foul.

Video proof here, http://forum.rojadirecta.com/viewtopic.php?t=65887 search for the post by kehl for a working vid of the incident.

D
    Yep. I see a clear penalty.

So does Marca, L'Equipe and most non-British journals. Does the Irish press also pander the United fans in Ireland?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 May '09 12:00

So does Marca, L'Equipe and most non-British journals. Does the Irish press also pander the United fans in Ireland?
    I love it when you misrepresent the silent majority.

I've just read American, Australian and Canadian reports and they all say it was a harsh penalty. In fact, every English report I've read say the same, even Wenger said it, which is unprecedented. L'Equipe describe the incident inaccurately (no mention of hands which you say was the reason for the penalty, and Marca just say that he brought down Fabregas without mentioning that the ball was won.

I'm glad football was invented in England and not Portugal, if your dreams of zero contact are common over there.

BTW: See your hero Pepe a couple of weeks ago? What a clown! Worst player EVAR!

D
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 May '09 14:312 edits
    I love it when you misrepresent the silent majority.

I've just read American, Australian and Canadian reports and they all say it was a harsh penalty. In fact, every English report I've read say the same, even Wenger said it, which is unprecedented. L'Equipe describe the incident inaccurately (no mention of hands which you say was the reason for the pe

BTW: See your hero Pepe a couple of weeks ago? What a clown! Worst player EVAR!

D
    Real Madrid were battered without Pepe. That's how good they are when he's not playing.

As for the rest, I can but shrug to your genuflection towards the Anglo-Saxon sports newspapers who never understood continental refereeing and continuously shriek about how it's a "contact sport". Guess what, the Champions League is a continental trophy, not a British one.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 May '09 18:51
    Real Madrid were battered without Pepe. That's how good they are when he's not playing.

As for the rest, I can but shrug to your genuflection towards the Anglo-Saxon sports newspapers who never understood continental refereeing and continuously shriek about how it's a "contact sport". Guess what, the Champions League is a continental trophy, not a British one.
    LMAO!

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=15277/match=302794/report=lu.html

Liverpool 4 RM 0. Guess who played the full match? Great argument Palonka. 😀

Not worth debating the other point with you, given that you think there should be as much physical contact in soccer as in table tennis.

D
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 May '09 19:01
    LMAO!

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=15277/match=302794/report=lu.html

Liverpool 4 RM 0. Guess who played the full match? Great argument Palonka. 😀

Not worth debating the other point with you, given that you think there should be as much physical contact in soccer as in table tennis.

D
    *shrugs*

Says as much as the 4-1 at Old Trafford says about Vidic.

Of course, you'd have to have watched Real Madrid's season to see how important Pepe has been for them. And, of course, you evidently haven't.
  10. Joined
    11 May '09
    Moves
    11 May '09 02:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    11 May '09 02:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What's going wrong at the emirates?
    It's killing me.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 May '09 16:30

of course they do!! Ever since that drunk Best played for them all the irish support Man Scum.....
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 May '09 16:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What's going wrong at the emirates?
    is that five seasons without a trophy..? I LOVE IT

Arseanl- the bottlers of the english game!
  14. Somerset
    Moves
    12 May '09 19:02

D
    WRONG. Fletcher is a cheat!
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    13 May '09 10:50
    Originally posted by spurs73
    of course they do!! Ever since that drunk Best played for them all the irish support Man Scum.....
    Perhaps a bit of respect for one of the most talented individuals to ever play the game!

They don't all support the world champions you clown, theirs just as many Pool fans over here!

Well the press are aware of the fact that ManU have been the best team in England for the last 16 years (allowing for a couple of minor transitioning periods) and are currently the best team in the world, you see the media care a lot more about clubs that actually win trophies on a regular basis

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree