1. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 12:561 edit
    Oh good, I like numbers.

Is that comparing like with like, Champ?

Test matches are 5 days (think most lasted that long)

ODI is, ERM , one day

Here's how you compare the 2

Add up all the people who went to the Tests, then divide it by 23/4/5, whatever the relevant number is

Add up all the people went to the 5 ODIs and divide by 5

Or just don't bother and admit that the AVERAGE DAILY attendance at ODI was bigger.

Clear to see what the average Aussie sees as their priority

I'm not saying I agree with them. You keep saying I rate ODI higher than Tests. I keep asking for that quote.

Just saying what the 60k Aussies who turned up to see the last ODI, with England already 3-1, so TOTALLY pointless, see as THEIR priority.

Yep, I'd be ashamed too
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 13:051 edit
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Oh good, I like numbers.

Is that comparing like with like, Champ?

Test matches are 5 days (think most lasted that long)

ODI is, ERM , one day

Here's how you compare the 2

Add up all the people who went to the Tests, then divide it by 23/4/5, whatever the relevant number is

Add up all the people went to the 5 ODIs and divide by ...[text shortened]... ith England already 3-1, so TOTALLY pointless, see as THEIR priority.

Yep, I'd be ashamed too
    hey Champ

A Test match is one game, and a ODI is one game. Attendance for each test match was in the vicinity of 3 to 4 times that of each ODI. Sorry if I can't dumb that down any more for you.

I think if you check the attendance for day 1 of each test was way higher than attendance at ODI's. Don't have the figures to hand but I'm sure you can look that up and check.

Fancy comparing an Ashes test match with a ODI.

Man, you not real bright up there are you.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 13:133 edits
    Nope, Champ

Your figures are flawed, as you know.

ON AVERAGE more people PER DAY attended ODI than Tests

Qed

PS think of Don Bradman and Ally Cook. Both Test batsmen. Is Cook (almost twice) as good a batsman as Bradman? No? Well, he has scored almost twice as many test runs!
    But of course he isn't because we use AVERAGES to compare these things, Champ. Go buy an 11 year old's Maths textbook
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 13:37
    Nope, Champ

Your figures are flawed, as you know.

ON AVERAGE more people PER DAY attended ODI than Tests

Qed
    Do you really expect 60.000 people to attend a test match each day anywhere.

Obviously you've never been to a test match. People choose a certain day that they will attend and go for that day. Few people attend more than one day. The average attendance for a test match in total people through the gate is far greater than that of a ODI.

It's OK champ. We know your a pommie so we make allowances. If there is anything else you need explained I dumb it down as much as I can for your benefit.

Total attendance at the Ashes test 3 to 4 times as many as the ODI's. Sorry, facts are facts and you're just going to have to live with that.

Yep, as I stated earlier folks........there's one born every minute !!!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 13:451 edit
    I don't expect anything, Champ. Just commenting on the figures.

I have attended many Test matches. My mate is 'member'at Lancashire Cricket Club, and as such gets a seat at cheap rates on all 5 days of the Test when Lanky host Tests. He goes on all 5 days, he is by no means unique in this (Lancashire have thousands of members). By your bizarre method he would count as 5 people attending.

The same applies in Oz. I know that members of the Barmy Army (England fans) attend all days of Tests....they often only fly out for 2/3 Tests, so make the most of it. Dare say lots of Aussie fans attend all days too if Test is in their city.

All of which makes your 'total attendance over 5 days' compared to 'just one day' even more stupid.

You got any other points of vague interest I can blast holes in?

Again .ON AVERAGE more people per day in Oz attended ODIs than the Tests.

On batting AVERAGE Bradman is better than Cook

Please point out any error in either statement
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 13:532 edits
    Originally posted by @radioactive69

It's OK champ. We know your a pommie so we make allowances. If there is anything else you need explained I dumb it down .
    The irony

Think I am done with a clown who insults my intelligence with a racist comment, and in the same paragraph demonstrates a lack of knowledge of the difference between 'your' and 'you're' , then to compound his ignorance doesn't realise he needs a 'can' between 'I' and 'dumb'.

Take care, Champ. You really are one in a million.
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 14:11
    I don't expect anything, Champ. Just commenting on the figures.

I have attended many Test matches. My mate is 'member'at Lancashire Cricket Club, and as such gets a seat at cheap rates on all 5 days of the Test when Lanky host Tests. He goes on all 5 days, he is by no means unique in this (Lancashire have thousands of members). By your bizar ...[text shortened]... On batting AVERAGE Bradman is better than Cook

Please point out any error in either statement
    Wow it's really hard champ to get this through to you but I'll give it one last try.

Members that attend all 5 days would make up about 5% of the crowd. Other people who pay through the gate and attend multiple days make up another 5% odd. Everyone else attends for a day to watch the cricket, a majority (like myself) like to attend the first day.

Most people don't have the luxury of getting 5 days off work or have the cash to shell out for all 5 days.

Can someone please take those straws that the champ has clutched tight in his wee little fist !!!!!

Tell me champ, do you honestly believe that winning a ODI is equivalent to winning an Ashes test. Doubt that you'll have the balls to answer that honestly but I'll throw it out there to see you duck and weave.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 14:241 edit
    OK, Champ

I will reply to that one, as you have shot yourself in the foot.

You seem to have made up these 'about 5%' figures, I have no idea where you plucked them from (multiple attendees would be higher over here).

But we'll go with that. So, if 60 000 attend your first day of a Test, by your own figures 6 000 of them will go onto attend all 5 days.

So that is 30 000 of your total Test attendance is really only 6 000 different people? Surely even you, with that one brain cell, can see some difficulty in comparing figures.

So, guess what! We use AVERAGES. So the guy who attends all 5 days gets counted fairly. Not total attendance was 150 000, but 30 000 of those was the same 6 000 guys 5 times! Surely even you see a slight flaw in that argument?

Don't mind answering the last point. ODIs mean jack to me. Always made that clear. Just saying what matters to the Aussies is clearly the ODI on AVERAGE attendance figures.

And winding you up. Nice to see you copying my 'clutching at straws' jibe. They say imitation is the highest flattery.

Now, hope your (sic) done. Back to that Ashes party, Champ. Got to spend all those winnings from your HUGE lay off bet on the 4th Test (honest)
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 15:04
    OK, Champ

I will reply to that one, as you have shot yourself in the foot.

You seem to have made up these 'about 5%' figures, I have no idea where you plucked them from (multiple attendees would be higher over here).

But we'll go with that. So, if 60 000 attend your first day of a Test, by your own figures 6 000 of them will go onto at ...[text shortened]... arty, Champ. Got to spend all those winnings from your HUGE lay off bet on the 4th Test (honest)
    Hey Champ

You finally you got something right. A 4-0 result wasn't as profitable as a 5-0 one but hey.....I'll get by on it

I'll even have a few beers for you old son while you're sucking on those sour grapes.

P.s. Don't remember you ever mentioning clutching at straws, only doing it.

4-0. Ain't life grand !!!!
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 20:31
    Nothing changes with Radio.
    When Australia win it's another trophy to add to their "bulging trophy cabinet"(quote from the other year regarding a tennis tournament I think)
    When Australia don't win he says it's a pointless tournament anyway.
    I think he's a reasonably intelligent bloke and doesn't really believe all the stuff he says.He just likes to wind people up particularly when Aussies win at some sport or other.
    Best tactic is not to bite.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 21:02
    Actually, Venda, I thought he was biting to my bait about the ODIs.

I have very little time for them, glad England seem to have a good team at last, but they mean nothing compared to the Tests.

All he had to do about my winding him up about the attendance figures was say 'it's exactly the same in every country (including England)', but he hasn't got the brains for that.

Just string him along, wait for the odd racist remark or glaring grammatical error. Afraid I can't agree about his *intelligence*. What do you base that on?

And this tennis thing? When did Oz last have a decent tennis player? We back in the days of Laver, Newcombe and Evonne Goolagong? OK, there was that Hewitt guy 20 years ago.

Discuss
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Feb '18 16:11
    Actually, Venda, I thought he was biting to my bait about the ODIs.

I have very little time for them, glad England seem to have a good team at last, but they mean nothing compared to the Tests.

All he had to do about my winding him up about the attendance figures was say 'it's exactly the same in every country (including England)', but he ...[text shortened]... of Laver, Newcombe and Evonne Goolagong? OK, there was that Hewitt guy 20 years ago.

Discuss
    It wasn't that long ago.
    I've no interest in Tennis so I'm not sure it was that sport but I thimk it was a woman
    The comment was made whilst I was playing him.
    He'll no doubt remember.
    Somtimes, when he's not trading insults with somebody or other he makes some valid points on the clan forum which is what I base my thinking on regarding intelligemnce
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    01 Feb '18 23:13
    They have a couple of women in the low teens in the latest rankings.

For a country with their tennis history, very poor over last 15 years or so.

All I see him do in Clans is hurl insults, team up with a few bully boys, and generally be extremely unpleasant.

Oh yes, and unable to form a decent argument, borderline racist and v poor use of grammar to boot.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 05:44
    Watched us winning the last one over here last night.

It seems 60 000 or so of your Aussie mates cared enough to rock up to watch.

Quite a contrast to the desolate empty arenas that watched the Tests

5-4. Honorable loss, Champ

PS no engagement with 2 of my points from previous post

a) I am NOT missing you, despite you lying about it

b) care to tell us the state of play in the 3 ranking tables?
    btw, no one turns up to odi's here..
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 05:48
    Originally posted by @venda
    Nothing changes with Radio.
    When Australia win it's another trophy to add to their "bulging trophy cabinet"(quote from the other year regarding a tennis tournament I think)
    When Australia don't win he says it's a pointless tournament anyway.
    I think he's a reasonably intelligent bloke and doesn't really believe all the stuff he says.He just likes to wind people up particularly when Aussies win at some sport or other.
    Best tactic is not to bite.
    better tactic is to throw caution to the wind and play like england did in odi's.
    now that would've made a good ashes seriies

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree