1. Standard memberweststigersbob
    High Class Blunderer
    On a train somewhere
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 04:15
    I give the Poms a real chance in Adelaide - if they can get Australia batting under lights with a new or newish pink ball. Anderson and Broad could trigger an “Ambrose at the WACA” style collapse quite easily in those conditions. The key for them is whether or not their batsmen can go on with it and make big scores. Vince and Malan in particular were very guilty of doing the hard yards and getting a start, then tossing it away with a soft dismissal. Who gets run out for 80 odd on their own call ? While in the end Australia won comfortably, for 3 days England had the better of it except for getting Smith out. They just didn’t get far enough in front to really put the pressure on....
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 07:14
    Originally posted by @weststigersbob
    I give the Poms a real chance in Adelaide - if they can get Australia batting under lights with a new or newish pink ball. Anderson and Broad could trigger an “Ambrose at the WACA” style collapse quite easily in those conditions. The key for them is whether or not their batsmen can go on with it and make big scores. Vince and Malan in particular were ...[text shortened]... or getting Smith out. They just didn’t get far enough in front to really put the pressure on....
    Yep and another bad session for England cld be the ashes
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 07:43
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yep and another bad session for England cld be the ashes
    I think they've already given up hopes of retaining the Ashes.

Avoiding a 5-0 whitewash will be their main goal.
  4. Standard memberweststigersbob
    High Class Blunderer
    On a train somewhere
    Moves
    30 Nov '17 00:35
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    I think they've already given up hopes of retaining the Ashes.

Avoiding a 5-0 whitewash will be their main goal.
    Rubbish statement. England know that their best chances lie in the Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney Tests, when conditions better suit both their batsmen and especially their bowlers. They aren’t going out there with the plan of saving a game to avoid a whitewash, doubly so given the relative weakness of this Australian side. Remember, England have won 4 of the last 5 Ashes series....
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    30 Nov '17 00:45
    Originally posted by @weststigersbob
    Rubbish statement. England know that their best chances lie in the Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney Tests, when conditions better suit both their batsmen and especially their bowlers. They aren’t going out there with the plan of saving a game to avoid a whitewash, doubly so given the relative weakness of this Australian side. Remember, England have won 4 of the last 5 Ashes series....
    If England avoid a 5-0 whitewash it will be a miracle.

Mark my words !!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Dec '17 18:31

Mark my words !!
    They mite jag one and get a d rain affected draw._.Its really upto the Aussie bowlers ...They have no excuses , they're all at the top of their game rite now
  7. Standard memberweststigersbob
    High Class Blunderer
    On a train somewhere
    Moves
    02 Dec '17 13:42
    Not the smartest of ideas bowling first. England really needed to capitalise further than what they did. 4 wickets and 200 conceded is about 3 wickets short.
    The biggest problem they might face is that if Australia are still batting after 2 sessions on Day 2, Australia will declare and bowl in perfect night conditions with a new ball and 3 very good quicks utilising it....
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 05:38
    5/100 odd OR 100/5 as they say im the old country. A near miracle is needed here to lift England. Learn a rain dance Joe Root.

Very happy to see Cummins doing well. Took him 39 balls to get off mark and he made 40. He got in the side at 19 and was hailed the next great quick by many. Sadly imjuries have kept himout till now. Has potential to be opne of the greats.

Dont know what England need to do to turn it around but again Cook and Root have the skills to bat around thwe rest. Anderson still looks good, and should have bagged a couple more. I thought he was past it but he plays for 5 days. In all conditions and locations. Seriously they shou7ld get K peterson back in a 6. He's playing bigbash so why not?
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 09:18
    8 for 442 declared against 227 for the lot... not likely. At least the first wicket in the second innings fell quickly, but still, I'll be surprised if this isn't two-nil before day four is over.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    05 Dec '17 14:511 edit

Mark my words !!
    Sure you don't want to review that ?
    Oh dear, you've used them all up
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 04:10
    Originally posted by @venda
    Why would I want to review it? The Aussies have this one bottled up. Soon to be 2-0 then it's off to Perth where the pommies haven't won since Noah was a wee lad.

5-0 an absolute certainty. Get your house on it!!!!

P.S.......you pommies have been real quiet lately. Real quiet.......
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 04:21
    Originally posted by @venda
    Did you see the Rugby League world cup final. I think the Australians were gallant for not pushing the accelerator down and trying to keep the game a spectacle.

The result was never in doubt but a thrashing would have destroyed the competition.

Tipping an Australia v Tonga final in the next one.
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 10:55
    Why would I want to review it? The Aussies have this one bottled up. Soon to be 2-0 then it's off to Perth where the pommies haven't won since Noah was a wee lad.

5-0 an absolute certainty. Get your house on it!!!!

P.S.......you pommies have been real quiet lately. Real quiet.......
    I'm sure we won't hear a squeak from the pommies in the audience for quite a while.

2-0 folks. Yes the mighty Aussies have finished destroying the hapless pommies in the second test to go 2-0 up in The Ashes. One more and the Ashes are back home. As the pommies have basically no chance in Perth the race for the Ashes is over.

Backed a 5-0 victory @ 16/1 at the start of the tournament. Will be taking another holiday to Europe with the winnings.

Happy days !!!!!!!
  14. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 12:37
    Did you see the Rugby League world cup final. I think the Australians were gallant for not pushing the accelerator down and trying to keep the game a spectacle.

The result was never in doubt but a thrashing would have destroyed the competition.

No I missed it.It was on at something like 09:30 on a Saturday morning when I was out and I didn't realise it was on so I didn't even record it.
    Talking about squeaking,I see you haven't altered much over the years, crowing from the top of your Coolabah tree when the Aussies win something and skulking in your beer cellar when they lose.
    I remember when England won the ashes,out performed Australia in the Olympics to name just two occasions when you were absent from the forums.Strange that.
    If the U.K are still part of Europe when you come and you plan to come here I'll warn the port authorities to have a good supply of corks at the border in case any have fallen off your hat on the plane.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 16:39

GOOD FINAL. smashed each other

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree