1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '17 10:01
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Wow, the Aussies are tearing them a new one.

Smith could get 500 against this pommie attack. I could hit 50 or so myself. The most impotent and woeful pommie bowling attack I've ever seen.
    From what I've seen, the Convicts' strength is that their tail-enders are nearly as good as their opening batsmen, and the Poms' weakness is that theirs are even weaker than usual. Their first four or so don't seem to differ enougj for a whitewash, but after that it gets silly.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 05:08
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Stoneman is a solid enough opener who has begun the tour in excellent form. He is at least the equal of your new opener, was was EXTREMELY ordinary when playing County cricket over here. Your jettisoning of young Renshaw is odd.
    I wouldnt argue about Malan and Vince, who wouldn't be in my XI. To be fair to Malan, he seems to have started the to ...[text shortened]... cord. He is a talented player. Your 3rd XI must be good! Maybe you shoild rock them up instead.
    Man, I've seen bad judges of cricket but you would have to be the worst.

Malan and Vince are the only 2 performers in your entire squad. Ali should and probably will be dropped for the rest of the tour as his form is just plain pathetic. Woakes........talented ? Don't make me laugh. He's terrible. Averaging 52 odd per wicket. Compared to Ali who's averaging over 105 per wicket it might seem OK but overall it's abysmal.

Yes, my prediction of a 5-0 series result is looking good. Hopefully the punters out there listened to me and got on it at $16 as I did.

The English supporters have completely disappeared from this forum. Hope they're alright. We've been partying non-stop over here with the return of the Ashes. Time to put in the death blows and totally kill English cricket for the next few decades with a 5-0 thrashing.

Go you champions !!!!!!
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 05:11
    Originally posted by @venda
    I don't agree.
    I thing the second phase of the Aussie bowling attack is weak.
    If the opening pair fail to penetrate England should cash in and then it will come down to stamina and fitness.
    The Aussies (I am told) are going with a 4 man bowling attack which was o.k when they had Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath.
    The fact that the Aussies don't often lose at ...[text shortened]... in my opinion as are a lot of the other historical statistics the pundits trot out all the time
    Yeah, good call big fella. 100% wrong as usual.

Can you please call Parramatta to run last in next years NRL. I have a big bet on them to win. Thanks big fella. You're a champion.
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 05:13
    Watched the highlights this morning.(Doesn't start while midnight in the U.K.-watched the 1st 15 overs live)
    Not impressed with Hazlewood and Cummings.
    Lyon was brilliant.Pitch should suit Moeen Ali.
    I think it will come down to the bowling attack in the end and England have more variety and strength
    Yep, as usual 100%.............incorrect !!

At least you're percentage is consistent. Can't say the same about the English cricket team

😵😵😵😵😵
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 05:15
    Sure you don't want to review that ?
    Oh dear, you've used them all up
    Nope. As stated from the beginning 5-0 whitewash.
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 05:19
    O.k.Olympics,commonwealth games, whatever.
    I was just making the point that Radio is very quiet when Australia aren't winning whatever the sport.
    One example was when I sent him a pm when England won the ashes along the lines of "can you tell me the result of the last test please I missed it" -No reply
    Must have been when I was away holidaying.

If you want to know the result now however I'll fill you in

Australia lead the series 3-0. Three total thrashings.

If you need to know anything further just let me know. I'll keep you updated.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 16:42
    [b]Man, I've seen bad judges of cricket but you would have to be the worst.

Malan and Vince are the only 2 performers in your entire squad

Yes, my prediction of a 5-0 series result is looking good. Hopefully the punters out there listened to me and got on it at $16 as I did.
    You like this winning lark, don't you, Champ. We will see what happens in the last 2 Tests.

In the meantime, just to put you right yet again. If you had used my whole quote, you will have seen that I said Malan was proving me wrong and starting the tour ok.

Malan and Vince the ONLY 2 performers? Too much Tooheys again. We have a WK batsman who is averaging over 40 (10 pts higher then Vince), and Jimmy Anderson has his 12 wkts at just over 25. Think you might say they were doing OK.

These bets of yours are all over the place (ie made up). You posted a few days ago that you WANTED England to draw the 3rd Test, as you had money on it. Can dig that out if you wish.

You can't even put up decent, factually correct, posts when you are winning. Keep trying, Champ
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 16:45

Hope the pommies can hang on for a draw (I backed it @ $6 before the game started) otherwise the Boxing Day test will be a snoorefest..[/b]
    Save anyone time searching, here is your 'hope the 3rd Test is a draw because I have money on it' post

Oops!
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 17:26
    You like this winning lark, don't you, Champ. We will see what happens in the last 2 Tests.
    Whatevet happens, you Rooineks won't win the Ashes this year, because those ockers have already done that.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    20 Dec '17 18:23
    As I keep saying, the home team has 'won' the Ashes every series for the past 15 years.

Keep telling Champ that, but he don't listen . or chooses to ignore.

Oh yes, only one team have managed to win away in the past 15 years. Clue. It isn't Australia
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 01:55
    Save anyone time searching, here is your 'hope the 3rd Test is a draw because I have money on it' post

Oops!
    Hey chump, nice to see you out of the closet.

You've never heard of hedging your bets ????

At the start of the series I backed Australia to win 5-0 @ $16 to win a packet.

Had a smallish bet on a draw in the third test as a saver. Knew that there was a snowballs chance in hell of England winning with their current pathetic squad and the pitch at the WACA has been pretty flat for a while now.

Yes I'll probably have another smallish bet on a draw in the 4th test too as a saver. England can't win but weather could save them from another thrashing.

The family and I will be taking a nice holiday on the small fortune I make when Australia wins 5-0 so will be looking forward to that.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 07:52
    Sure you did, Champ

So if you have this huge bet on 5-0, why were you hoping we drew the last Test, as quoted above.

No engagement at all on your woeful point about Malan and Vince being the only2 English players contributing.

Of course not. As usual, you were wrong.
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 08:521 edit
    Sure you did, Champ

So if you have this huge bet on 5-0, why were you hoping we drew the last Test, as quoted above.

No engagement at all on your woeful point about Malan and Vince being the only2 English players contributing.

Of course not. As usual, you were wrong.
    Hey chump.

Sorry, still partying up big over here after our crushing Ashes victory.

As you know I've been tipping a 5-0 victory since well before the Ashes started. You should have got on like I did. Will be taking my family on another European trip on the winnings.

If I recall correctly you stated that you wouldn't have Malan or Vince in your team. To be truthful neither would I. Neither of them would make the Australian team however they have been two of only 3 or 4 performers in the squad. Your man Ali is just laughable. Hope they keep him in the team so our boys get some more slogging practice.

Ahhhh........yes.......happy days. Now I'm off back to the party. Looking forward to kicking your boys all over the ground again in the Boxing Day test.

5-0, here we come !!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Standard memberweststigersbob
    High Class Blunderer
    On a train somewhere
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 09:51
    Geez there’s been a lot of bluff and bluster (and bulls—t) on this thread.

Like I said at the top, if England were to be a chance, they needed their big 4 to be all firing. Anderson has bowled well in one session when the conditions were tailor made for him - and one spell after Smith had scored 200 and Marsh almost. Broad has been a passenger, as has Cook. And Root hasn’t been close to looking like a batsman to rival Smith or Kohli as the worlds best.

Malan and Bairstow both played great innings in the Perth Test, but a 6/35 collapse on a dead set road is plain suicide, and 400 was probably below par. But their bowling was frankly terrible. Both Ali and Woakes just aren’t suited to Australian conditions. Woakes is too slow and doesn’t do enough off the pitch; Ali bowls sliding undercut off breaks - cannon fodder in Australia with the extra bounce. Broad looks cooked, much like Gillespie was in 2005. Cook - maybe the same.
    Australia - far from perfect, but their big guns have all been firing bar Warner. Smith is in the form of his life, and Starc and Hazlewood are doing the business with able support from Lyon and Cummins. The fact that both Marsh’s have scored hundreds has offset the lack of runs from Warner.

As I said before, Melbourne and Sydney are conditions which will suit England far more than Perth and Brisbane, especially their batting. But it’s more a mental issue now for England. That’s why I honestly believe they have to make changes for Boxing Day. Broad doesn’t look like a guy in the best mental state, nor Moeen Ali.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 14:071 edit

Malan and Vince are the only 2 performers in your entire squad.
    Here's what you wrote, Champ

You do know writing 'the only 2 performers' means that only those 2 are doing any good, in your opinion. Or are you a bit dim?

See you have refuted that in your latest post. Without even an apology. Who would have guessed?

I did say Malan wouldn't have been in my team. I would be batting Kevin Petersen at 5. Think you'll agree he may have 'performed' reasonably well. Glad Malan is showing some spirit though.

I never actually wrote anything about exactly how well or poorly he would do in the series.

So, which 'bet' are we hoping for this time? Aussie win? Draw? Wait to see how it shapes up?

Sure, I know all about laying bets off. You do it to ensure that if your 'big bet' comes off, you end up with something. Never heard of someone hoping the 'lay off' bet comes in rather than the main one.

But you are one of a kind, Champ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree