1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 00:59
    Originally posted by Crowley
    LOL!
    What are you laughing for? It was a perfectly reasonable contention. You think batting is such an 'art'? Specially in odi and t20. Open and make a quick 40 - thats all you need to do. A lot of Aussie domestic players could do it.
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 01:29
    I know it is a big call on Warner but given the opportunity he could well be a star. Jayasuria when younger was very similar to Warner. He would take to the bowling in all forms of cricket at more often than not it came off for him. They are even very similar in stature.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 12:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What are you laughing for? It was a perfectly reasonable contention.
    FAIL.

The only similarity between Jayasuriya and Warner is that they have both opened the batting and are Homo Sapien.
    That's it.
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 16:39
    Hey Crowley how about a post from you in the challenge for cricket lovers thread?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 08:36
    FAIL.

The only similarity between Jayasuriya and Warner is that they have both opened the batting and are Homo Sapien.
    That's it.
    Fail? Classic Crowley! you crack me up dude! I dont think this is a totally black/white, fail/succeed-type situation now is it? Fail!....Classic.

Like I mentioned Australia has a glut of good batsmen ready to go in all forms of cricket-its the bowling department they are having trouble with
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 18:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont think this is a totally black/white, fail/succeed-type situation now is it?
    That's because you don't know your cricket well enough.
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 21:111 edit
    The Island off our West Coast also does quite well at netball but it appears they have a big red cloud over large areas as native spirits get their own back perhaps.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10599256
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 00:09
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    The Island off our West Coast also does quite well at netball but it appears they have a big red cloud over large areas as native spirits get their own back perhaps.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10599256
    It is heading your way and a haka at the border isn't going to stop it.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 03:06
    That's because you don't know your cricket well enough.
    Ah!!! put in an aussie B-team or a state team-I bet they will do as well as the national team. The Aussie selectors are a superstitious,jaded, bunch. Poor old Merv. A lot of the weight is coming down on his big shoulders.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree