1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 07:51
    Originally posted by boarman
    Where's Crowley when you need him.
    SA couldnt lose with supposedly the greatest allrounder the game has seen lol

But knowing my friend Crowley he will say there were bad umpiring decisions,pitch didnt suit the SA team etc etc .
    😀

Interestingly enough, there was a bad call.

Kallis, the greatest all rounder of all time (as you all know) was given out caught behind when he was in great form and in the process of possibly saving the test for SA.
    Replays showed the ball came off his shoulder while he was trying to pull a weak Windie bouncer for another great boundary. Hell, I could see it with the naked eye. As you all know, once Kallis hits his stride, only a bad call like that can save opposition sides from his wrath.

boreman, I know I lean towards a certain bias when it comes to my sportsmen, but I'm not a complete utterly biased fool.

The team just played badly.
    Against the black caps earlier in the season, all the Proteas had to do was pitch for the game. Now they were up against a decent pace attack of young talent and some aggressive batting on a pretty flat pitch and they just looked unprepared. They will remedy this in the next game, I'm sure...
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 07:59
    Originally posted by nook7
    Kallis plays well against average bowlers.

Against Australia his record of 35 innings (4 not outs) 3 centuries at 38.32 hardly sets the world on fire. This is well below his good career average and shows (like with a number of Indian battsmen) that is you play crap teams all the time you will inflate your average.
    So he struggles a bit against Australia, although I would hardly call an average of almost 40 against the top side in the world 'struggling'.

Australia has been the top side in Kallis' career.
    They are the best team because they get lots of wickets and make large totals, right?
    Because of this, it means Kallis is always under pressure against Australia to do well in a SA side that can't always compete well with Australia.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 08:01
    Originally posted by boarman
    Yeah he means Kallis

What was kallis's batting and bowling performances in that test.

He actually rates Kallis as better than Sobers.
    If you will try to recall, I did concede that Kallis and Sobers are about on par with each other, but they are both a country mile better than most other all rounder candidates.

The only other player to get close to them is Botham.
  4. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 10:59
    HAhahaha kallis is a good batter like i said but bowling no he isnt 🙂....also west indies are not that great a team they have not won until this week for 2 years.SA will need to wake up and also cricket teams are more than 1 player.graeme smith when he first came along was outstanding but like the rest has faded away maybe its time for him to stand aside.gibbs is getting to old but i do like de villiers he isnt a bad player 🙂.i saw the decision with kallis i thought it was out straight away but umpires dont have the luxury of replays so i do agree maybe they should bring it in cricket will be alot more fairer then 🙂
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by nook7
    Kallis plays well against average bowlers.

Against Australia his record of 35 innings (4 not outs) 3 centuries at 38.32 hardly sets the world on fire. This is well below his good career average and shows (like with a number of Indian battsmen) that is you play crap teams all the time you will inflate your average.
    now you done it!!!! Crowley will be soooooooooooooooo angry...just u waite and see😏
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 23:16
    Originally posted by Crowley
    So he struggles a bit against Australia, although I would hardly call an average of almost 40 against the top side in the world 'struggling'.

Australia has been the top side in Kallis' career.
    They are the best team because they get lots of wickets and make large totals, right?
    Because of this, it means Kallis is always under pressure against Australia to do well in a SA side that can't always compete well with Australia.
    Hi Crowley.

Correct, averaging 40 is hardly 'struggling'. My comment was more to do with the discrepancy between is very impressive overall career average and his average against Oz.

Kallis is (IMHO) almost without peer ATM in world cricket as an allrounder based on stats alone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree