1. Joined
    05 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 08:43
    Can anyone beleive it? The best team in the world getting getting beaten or should i say thrashed by the Black Caps without getting a wicket. This is a first in history.
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 09:11
    Well played NZ. But having lost 3 games to England (equally surprising) and having 4 top players missing it is a little less surprising.

If Aussie lose to any team in WI by 10 wickets I'll be very surprised.
  3. swivel seat
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 09:11
    Originally posted by Kiwi kid
    Can anyone beleive it? The best team in the world getting getting beaten or should i say thrashed by the Black Caps without getting a wicket. This is a first in history.
    And it was we poms who softened them up for todays thrashing😀
  4. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 09:50
    Well done the kiwis.
    First time ever, in the 36 year history of One Day Cricket.
    Woeful in all departments, so sack most of these numbnuts and put some in form guys from our state competitions.
    For example, the fast bowler Stuart Clarke gets not considered for any position and gets an 8 for 56 after tearing the English apart all summer.
    Well done Black Caps.
  5. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 17:21
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    For example, the fast bowler Stuart Clarke gets not considered for any position and gets an 8 for 56 after tearing the English apart all summer.
    I do find that strange. Clarke was the best bowler in the Ashes series. I suppose it's similar to the way England don't pick Hoggard (the theory being his length is too predictable and hittable in one-day matches), but it's not as if the bowlers in place are playing particularly well.

I'm quite happy to see him not in the squad, but I don't understand it.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '07 09:22
    Congratulations to the Kiwis!

Another nail biter which they won to clean sweep the Aussies - never would have imagined the series ending up like it has a week ago!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree