1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 14:35
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Sure would like Hingis to have a good run this tourney. Not sure she's got the weapons to go all the way though.
    Murray is fun to watch, but seems like a bit of a jerk. What's your take on that?
    i think you're about right on both there, hingis if she can beat kim i think she'll win it, however i don't think she can handle the power of kim for 2 sets. murray is a complete t$wt but he's a good player and i think in the next year or 2 he'll win one of the slams (likely us open) mondays match with nadal should be some match though.
  2. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 15:36
    Originally posted by trevor33
    i think you're about right on both there, hingis if she can beat kim i think she'll win it, however i don't think she can handle the power of kim for 2 sets. murray is a complete t$wt but he's a good player and i think in the next year or 2 he'll win one of the slams (likely us open) mondays match with nadal should be some match though.
    Murray v. Nadal!!! Should be an awesome match.😲

Admittedly Nadal is a great player and seems like a good lad, I just don't care for his style of tennis.

Go Murray The Twit!!!😉
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 18:14
    Murray v. Nadal!!! Should be an awesome match.😲

Admittedly Nadal is a great player and seems like a good lad, I just don't care for his style of tennis.

Go Murray The Twit!!!😉
    I feel the winner of this one will be a finalist.
    That will be a Nadal v Federer final then!
  4. Middlesbrough
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 19:18
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I feel the winner of this one will be a finalist.
    That will be a Nadal v Federer final then!
    got to agree with you this time invigorate......Murray has had a good tournament but Nadal will be too strong and experienced for him..
    Nadal v Federer becoming a regular final fixture
  5. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 11:13
    Roddick looking very aggressive and more comfortable coming to the forecourt. Very nice to see. Mardy Fish also making some improvements in his game. Roddick v. Fish should be a great match!
  6. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 11:15
    Looks like Serena is dialing it in also! Can you imagine how many Slams she would have by now, if she really wanted to play tennis full time? What an absolute animal!😲

I think she should lose the earrings though!😞
  7. Diggers & CSA
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 09:21
    Originally posted by boarman
    who will win the mens and ladies

Im going to go for Andy Roddick and Maria Sharapova
    Maria Sharapova 😛
    Roger
  8. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 08:55
    Maria and Andy on track so far.
    Both are just hitting their straps.
  9. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 10:27
    A-Rod looking good, but the Federer Express is looking awesome.
    Beware Serena, she looks like a hungry lioness!
  10. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 23:10
    i think serena is good, looking like a dark horse.federer is on fire i hope he wins as i like him alot.
  11. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 00:08
    A-Rod looking good, but the Federer Express is looking awesome.
    Beware Serena, she looks like a hungry lioness!
    Serena is yet to face a quality opponent. She is fat and out of form.
  12. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 11:23
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    Serena is yet to face a quality opponent. She is fat and out of form.
    LOL! For her she is fat and out of form and yet I think she is in better shape than 90% of the women on tour. Remember, tennis isn't a marathon, but a series of short bursts of energy and for the women it typically last less that 2 hours.

Nadal v. Gonzo in the third set , Gonzo up by 2 sets and on serve in the third. Is this an upset in the making?
  13. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 11:32
    Serena v's sharapova
    should be good game
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 20:42
    Wow.

I think that Federer beatdown of Roddick was one of the most brutal beatings I have ever witnessed in Sport.

reeled off 11 straight games at one point, and I got the feeling he let Roddick win the 2 games he did manage in the 3rd set because he was already so far ahead he wasnt worried.

I dont care who he plays in the Final they are in for an asskicking. Gonzo has been playing great and all, but I saw both their matches in the Fall at the Finals of Madrid and Basel, and Fed humiliated Gonzo in both.

Gonzo had that same "what can I do" dejected look that Roddick and Djokovic had, and Fed is just getting better each round. Roddick was truly playing some of his best Tennis.

Lot of talk about closing the gap, but I guess everyone forgot that Federer had 2 months off and has been improving his game as well. Roddick closed the gap on the 2004 Federer, but the 2007 Federer just ripped that gap open and stepped through laughing.

Serena and Maria should be a good Women's final, too bad I wont bother to stay up til 2:30 AM to watch it.

Stayed up last night only to witness a brutal brutal beating.

You are arguably the 3rd best player in the world and you can only manage to win 6 games, that has to be demoralizing.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by Turanthor
    Wow.

I think that Federer beatdown of Roddick was one of the most brutal beatings I have ever witnessed in Sport.

reeled off 11 straight games at one point, and I got the feeling he let Roddick win the 2 games he did manage in the 3rd set because he was already so far ahead he wasnt worried.

I dont care who he plays in the Final they are in for best player in the world and you can only manage to win 6 games, that has to be demoralizing.
    Watching Federer you get the sense that he throws games to give himself the competition. He often looks bored on the court and seems to relax purposely and let his opponent win a game here and there, then come back and slaughter them. Cat and mouse played erfectly. It's sadistic, really. He's the greatest I've seen in my life, no contest!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree