1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 22:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The illogic of you guys is really staggering. The Cotton Bowl has to be between a SEC and Big 12 team; it's hardly evidence of the superiority of those conferences that they put a team in the game! The Rose Bowl, as part of the BCS, doesn't have to be between the Big Ten and PAC-10 anymore.

Please try to make a less retarded argument next time.
    Only in the years when the Rose Bowl was the BCS National Championship game, otherwise, as they did this year, they select Pac 10 and Big 10.

However, to appease you swampy and try and make your arguement less stupid, look at the spread without the Cotton Bowl and the Pac 10 is STILL tied for last in representation.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 22:27
    Hey, a broken clock is right twice a day!

It all comes down to the Texas Tech-Ole Miss game as far as I'm concerned. If the Big 12 is really as good as you say it is, the Red Raiders should win easily. Of course, if that is true, Texas should smash Ohio State as well.

EDIT: The Big Ten even managed to win a game today, raising their bowl record to 1-4.
    Guess your clock died then. ROTFLMAO!!!

Read my lips....

Texas Tech will beat Ole Miss

Texas will beat Ohio State
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 22:36
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Guess your clock died then. ROTFLMAO!!!

Read my lips....

Texas Tech will beat Ole Miss

Texas will beat Ohio State
    We shall see (though I agree that Texas will beat Ohio State - if they don't it will really deflate your argument).
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 23:36
    Looks like our over-rated, substandard PAC-10 is going to win all of our bowl games. Can't ask for much more. 🙂
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 23:43
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Looks like our over-rated, substandard PAC-10 is going to win all of our bowl games. Can't ask for much more. 🙂
    Yes, it appears they will. Only the wins by Cal, Oregon State and USC were impressive though. USC is dismantling PSU at the moment. I thought USC would win the game, but not dominate it.

I still contend the Pac 10 is not as strong as the Big 12 or the SEC this year....bowl records not withstanding.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 23:44
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Other than playing better competition.

I think that the Big 10 should be demoted from the ranks of the BCS conferences. Boise State, TCU or Utah would have won that conference this year.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 23:53
    Originally posted by Eladar

I think that the Big 10 should be demoted from the ranks of the BCS conferences. Boise State, TCU or Utah would have won that conference this year.
    What out of conference competition did the Big 12 powers play this year? Besides Oklahoma playing at home against Cincy and TCU there's not a single quality win.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 23:59
    Yes, it appears they will. Only the wins by Cal, Oregon State and USC were impressive though. USC is dismantling PSU at the moment. I thought USC would win the game, but not dominate it.

I still contend the Pac 10 is not as strong as the Big 12 or the SEC this year....bowl records not withstanding.
    Arizona beat a ranked BYU team. I guess it's not surprising that a Big 12 fan just can't bring himself to give Oregon kudos for dismantling Oklahoma State in the second half (Eladar - cue the excuses AGAIN).
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 00:011 edit
    What out of conference competition did the Big 12 powers play this year? Besides Oklahoma playing at home against Cincy and TCU there's not a single quality win.
    How many quality OOC games were played by the SEC powers?

It is the nature of the BCS system. The best shot you have if you are in a BCS conference is to go undefeated.

half (Eladar - cue the excuses AGAIN).

Another simpleton remark. Sad, but certainly not unexpected.

Oh, and don't forget that ND won its bowl game, so ND was a really good team this year.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 00:04

I thought the win by our Ducks was impressive. You have your opinion, I have mine. 😉
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 00:06

*shrugs* Can't help it if we were the underdog in most of those bowl games and came out on top.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 01:37
    The Big XII North is undefeated in its bowl games. I guess that means that they are by far the most powerful teams in the Big XII.

Simpleton logic I know, but I guess that really doesn't bother you guys too much.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 01:55
    The Big XII North is undefeated in its bowl games. I guess that means that they are by far the most powerful teams in the Big XII.

Simpleton logic I know, but I guess that really doesn't bother you guys too much.
    "Simpleton" perfectly describes someone who cannot admit the error of their ways.

The bowl games and inter-conference games are the only way to have some idea of the relative merits of the LEAGUES (note: LEAGUES). The whole idea of Big 12 superiority this year has been based on nothing but some of their teams score a lot of points playing against other Big 12 teams. BFD. So far one of the supposed elite Big 12 teams has played and they collapsed in the second half against a member of the "down" PAC-10. What is your explanation of that? Oh, I forgot: Okie State WOULD have won, but they had INJURIES.

Start working on your excuses NOW for Texas Tech and Oklahoma: I'm sure some player will go down in each of those games and that will be the ONLY reason they lose (like a DB getting hurt was the reason why Texas beat Oklahoma in EladarLand).
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 01:571 edit
    How many quality OOC games were played by the SEC powers?

It is the nature of the BCS system. The best shot you have if you are in a BCS conference is to go undefeated.

[b]half (Eladar - cue the excuses AGAIN).

Another simpleton remark. Sad, but certainly not unexpected.

Oh, and don't forget that ND won its bowl game, so ND was a really good team this year.[/b]
    None. But why claim that the PAC-10 needs to play better competition when the Big 12 and SEC don't either?

EDIT: Well, Florida did trounce Florida St.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 03:04
    The bowl games and inter-conference games are the only way to have some idea of the relative merits of the LEAGUES (note: LEAGUES).

Which means for all practical purposes, there is no way to compare them.

To argue that this is an acceptable way because it is the only way just goes to show the weakness of your position.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree