1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 00:351 edit
    wow this game has caught my imagination and I want the Broncos to win, but i just watched some of the Ravens defence videos, and they are legendary, perhaps our American friends may pose some of their thoughts on the outcome, for i am a little ignorant, not having watched American football since i was a teenager. i hope Broncos shall win superbowl myself. Perhaps someone can explain what a secondary defence is, for apparently this is a vulnerability of the part of the Ravens.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 14:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow this game has caught my imagination and I want the Broncos to win, but i just watched some of the Ravens defence videos, and they are legendary, perhaps our American friends may pose some of their thoughts on the outcome, for i am a little ignorant, not having watched American football since i was a teenager. i hope Broncos shall win superbowl ...[text shortened]... n what a secondary defence is, for apparently this is a vulnerability of the part of the Ravens.
    Gladly. Secondary is actually the third line of defence. 1st line is the three-four defensvie linemen lining up across from the center and four offensive linemen. 2nd line is the three-four linebackers lined up slightly behind the 1st line. Theoretically the combination of defensive front and linebackers is the first line. The secondary is the two cornerbacks, each lined up across from the primary receivers/wideouts and the two safeties, frequently lined up across the middle and farther back. What the writers mean about the Ravens' D is that their pass defense is suspect. However, their front line and linebacking corp are tops! Denver has as good a defense and has not shown holes in their secondary. Their passing and running attack are better than the Ravens'. Ravens' Flacco (QB) seems to be going through some sophomore jitters and is not playing as well as last year. The game is at home and Denver's altitude affects visiting teams. I prefer the Broncos to Baltimore even though I love Flacco who seems to be a good kid. The Bronco's Kyle Orton is a gritty comeback kid who had been given up for dead. He was supposed to be the worse part of the trade between Chicago and the Broncos who gave up Jay Cutler, a first round draft choice. Orton has outperformed Cutler and exceeded expectations!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 23:083 edits
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Gladly. Secondary is actually the third line of defence. 1st line is the three-four defensvie linemen lining up across from the center and four offensive linemen. 2nd line is the three-four linebackers lined up slightly behind the 1st line. Theoretically the combination of defensive front and linebackers is the first line. The secondary is the two corne utler, a first round draft choice. Orton has outperformed Cutler and exceeded expectations!
    thanks my friend, this makes sense, it seems that these guys, the so called secondary defence are really there to hassle the receivers and try to intercept, interrupt and generally hassle their plays, the other guys are really there to try to sac the quarterback. Really interesting story about the swap of the Kyle Orton, who seems to play really intelligent football. i like the Broncos manager, coach i think you guys call him, hes awesome, Josh McDaniels, a real smart cookie. i dont understand the draught system that you speak of, is it like first choice, second choice etc? i cannae wait, its gonna be awesome, i hope that i can either watch it on tv, or failing that maybe there shall be streaming on the net. checked out your picks of traditional Italian folk, girls are beautiful, reminds me of Irish dancing funnily enough.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 23:47
    thanks my friend, this makes sense, it seems that these guys, the so called secondary defence are really there to hassle the receivers and try to intercept, interrupt and generally hassle their plays, the other guys are really there to try to sac the quarterback. Really interesting story about the swap of the Kyle Orton, who seems to play really int ...[text shortened]... ks of traditional Italian folk, girls are beautiful, reminds me of Irish dancing funnily enough.
    The draft system is the way college players are selected for the pros. Thw worst team picks first and so on. The best team goes last. However, trades are made along the way. Orton was not a high draft pick while Cutler went in the first round (top 32 college players). X's and O's are complicated. Essentially you sum up the basics, but it can go beyond that because the defense calls formations which may confuse the QB. QB has to make a read, i.e., is the D man or zone, are they blitzing, if so is it a safety blitz vs a linebacker one. Can be quite intricate. It matters because if you get a safety blitz you know you will have man coverage rather than zone and you could score a big pass play with the right pass play called. If you don't get the game on the telly try espn.360. They stream games.

Italian folk dance is neat and quite entertaining! The girls indeed are awesome!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 01:40
    The draft system is the way college players are selected for the pros. Thw worst team picks first and so on. The best team goes last. However, trades are made along the way. Orton was not a high draft pick while Cutler went in the first round (top 32 college players). X's and O's are complicated. Essentially you sum up the basics, but it can go beyond t ...[text shortened]... am games.

Italian folk dance is neat and quite entertaining! The girls indeed are awesome!
    oh the pain! ravens 30 broncos 7 ouch!
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 04:00
    oh the pain! ravens 30 broncos 7 ouch!
    I did not watch the game because i was not broadcast in my viewing area. The replay of highlights showed the Broncos really stunk up the place! My Cowboys won convincingly against a really bad team. I watched the Packers Vs. Vikings at a friend's who's from Wisconsin. His team looked real bad, but almost pulled it off!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 12:48
    I did not watch the game because i was not broadcast in my viewing area. The replay of highlights showed the Broncos really stunk up the place! My Cowboys won convincingly against a really bad team. I watched the Packers Vs. Vikings at a friend's who's from Wisconsin. His team looked real bad, but almost pulled it off!
    Last night the Broncos laid another egg. 28-10 L to the Steelers. They were not horrible, but seem unable to run the ball. When needing a six yard pass for a 1st down they pass for three. For the wolrd I've never understood offensive coordinators!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree