1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    30 Aug '17 08:09
    Well.......I've got to hand it to you BOTT.

You called it, I laughed about it........and you were right.

Either Bangladesh are becoming a cricket superpower or Australian cricket is dead.

Well done 😳
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    30 Aug '17 12:52
    Hey there, Champ. Nice bit of 'karma' for you

Don't get too upset, a more reasoned view might be that Oz lost a great, tight Test match narrowly. Played in conditions to help spin, and with Bangladesh spinners v likely to be more effective in them than Lyon and Agar.

In fact, almost exactly what I said when WE lost in Bangladesh last Autumn.

See we have snuck ahead of you in Test AND T20 rankings. Thought you'd like to know, you being such a ranker.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Hey there, Champ. Nice bit of 'karma' for you

Don't get too upset, a more reasoned view might be that Oz lost a great, tight Test match narrowly. Played in conditions to help spin, and with Bangladesh spinners v likely to be more effective in them than Lyon and Agar.

In fact, almost exactly what I said when WE lost in Bangladesh last Autu ...[text shortened]... nuck ahead of you in Test AND T20 rankings. Thought you'd like to know, you being such a ranker.
    Washed out prep match. Playing in Bangladesh.
    I'd say the odds were about 50/50 to start with.
    "Smash" ? they won by 20 runs.
    It's great for world cricket.
    And really the Aussies should've won if Kawaja could've scored 20 runs.

What intrigues me is the current English batting line-up.
    2 unknowns at 3 and 4 ?
    Will they keep the same line-up for the ashes.

I'm betting on a big win for the Aussies in the ashes on current trends however a lot can change in a couple of months.
    I predict Handscomb will come into his own, Smith will average70+ and Warner will frustrate himself into havong a bad series
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 15:29
    Hi K.

Our batting is a problem at 2 (Cook's opening partner), 3 and 5. Just the 3 positions then!

Looks like Stoneman may have just done enough at #2, he is a bif of a journeyman who makes steady runs in County cricket, think Chris Rogers type.

The guy trying at #3 (Westley) isn't up to it, which is a worry with just one test left this summer. The current #5 (Malan) is doing OK.

I would like to see a genuine quick bowler breaking through.

See B'desh made half decent start in latest Test, and Oz playing 3 spinners. Takes me back to our Tests there last Autumn!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 21:06
    I would add that after the first day's play, bookmakers in England made Oz 2-1 to win the Test

Just had to put a tenner on that

Either I win £20, or Oz lose a series vs Bangladesh. Think that's a 'win, win' situation!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 04:231 edit
    Hi K.

Our batting is a problem at 2 (Cook's opening partner), 3 and 5. Just the 3 positions then!

Looks like Stoneman may have just done enough at #2, he is a bif of a journeyman who makes steady runs in County cricket, think Chris Rogers type.

The guy trying at #3 (Westley) isn't up to it, which is a worry with just one test left this ...[text shortened]... t start in latest Test, and Oz playing 3 spinners. Takes me back to our Tests there last Autumn!
    Playing 3 spinners with Cummins off the field with heat exhaution.
    So the spinners will have to get it done.

Maybe the English top order will do well. There is often less pressure on lesser known players.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 04:26
    I would add that after the first day's play, bookmakers in England made Oz 2-1 to win the Test

Just had to put a tenner on that

Either I win £20, or Oz lose a series vs Bangladesh. Think that's a 'win, win' situation!
    I only bet on rugby league these days, and have quite a good knack of picking underdogs.
    Cricket is well .... cricket. Like when Oz played India after the initial exchanges you would've bet your house on Australia ... and look what happened
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 17:04
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I only bet on rugby league these days, and have quite a good knack of picking underdogs.
    Cricket is well .... cricket. Like when Oz played India after the initial exchanges you would've bet your house on Australia ... and look what happened
    Hi K.

I you think about MOST Test matches, (around 4/5), each team is 'winning' at some point. You just have to hold your nerve and bet on the other team then. And then 'cover' your bet when the tables turn.

So few end in draws nowadays that I just discount that, if it happens, OK, I lose.

So I had £10 on Oz yesterday when B'desh were 265 or so for 6. Got 2-1 as I said. You can now get around 5-1 on a B'desh win, have put a fiver on that.

So, if Oz win I am £15 up, if B'desh win I am also £15 up. Just don't want a draw....unlikely! You WILL note, relatively small amounts!

Great batting by you guys today, by the way. Warner seems in great nick
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 12:02
    Well the Aussies have redeemed themselves with a crushing win.

I think that Pommie Renshaw has to go. Unfortunately he's batting like a Pommie at the moment.

Great series for both Lyons and Warner. Bring on the Ashes !!!
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by @radioactive69

I think that Pommie Renshaw has to go. Unfortunately he's batting like a Pommie at the moment.

Hi there Champ

So, after all of the rantings about Rennie NOT being English on another thread, you are now jettisoning the lad, as a Pommie??!!

Bats like a Pommie? Joe Root is a Pommie, and you dream that Renshaw bats like Joe, then you wake up!

Bring back another Joe (Burns). He's a good opener...for England!

Personally, I would be more worried about the lack of runs from the Aussie keeper (believe they almost dropped him and gave the gloves to Handscomb in the 2nd Test), and generally poor returns from your # 7-11 batting wise over quite a period of time.

Yep, Lyon (no S) and Warner did ok. Smith a class act. Weaknesses in both England and Oz. Should be a good Ashes series.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 21:42
    Originally posted by @radioactive69

Renshaw will be a rock at the top of the order for the ashes. He's young, he's got a few chances yet. And in Australia he should flourish
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 22:10
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Renshaw will be a rock at the top of the order for the ashes. He's young, he's got a few chances yet. And in Australia he should flourish
    Would agree with that, Karoly.

Young lad (21?), averaging late 30's in his first few Tests? Full of potential, needs backing.

Even if he is a Brit/Pom. Middleborough born n bred!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree