1. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 06:11
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    United did their usual netball style defending by refusing to get within 5 yards of a midfield player while Barca fought like demons to try and get the ball off United by playing the pressing game. Result? Lots of Barca possession , United couldn't hold the ball. United made Barca look good. I think I could pass the ball about with ease if you give me ...[text shortened]... and game plan is out of the window. He who dares........get your gloves off united!!!!!
    I agree, I think Utd are looking nervous. The draws against Middlesbrough and Blackburn were games they would normally breeze through.

I just hope they get a result against Chelsea on Saturday because West Ham always raise their game against Utd (especially in end of season games) and Wigan I think will be playing to stay in the Premier League.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 09:30
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Deco could be the weak link in the Barca squad. I never truly rated him, even less so now.
    πŸ™„
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 09:58
    Originally posted by Palynka
    πŸ™„
    Are we supposed to be in awe of a player who is able to pass the ball back and forth for 90 minutes without providing any real penetration?

United played into the aging Deco's hands last night, by sitting and refusing to budge from the edge of their box.

United got into advanced positions on 2 or 3 occasions last night, and should have had 2 penalties. Barcelona spent 90 minutes on the edge of United's box, and had 2 good chances (Henry's shot and when Etoo got through and could have gone down under Rio's slip).

I think it's a dangerous game that Ferguson is playing as any goal by Barca at OT is going to be disastrous.

Having said all that, if United had scored in the first minute, then we may have seen a more effective counterattacking force.

D
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 10:111 edit
    Are we supposed to be in awe of a player who is able to pass the ball back and forth for 90 minutes without providing any real penetration?
    You're right, he doesn't run like a headless chicken.

Typical British view of football... πŸ™„
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 11:44
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    I agree, I think Utd are looking nervous. The draws against Middlesbrough and Blackburn were games they would normally breeze through.

I just hope they get a result against Chelsea on Saturday because West Ham always raise their game against Utd (especially in end of season games) and Wigan I think will be playing to stay in the Premier League.
    I think they got a bit unlucky at boro and blackburn but they have started to focus on results rather than the quality of their football. They should stick to the style that's got them to where they are rather than go into their shell. True champions are cautious and respectful but not fearful. To be champions of europe you need a touch of arrogance and to not become overwhelmed with fear. The signs that this team still has some way to go were against Man City at home where once again the occasion got to them. Ronaldo for example still has yet to prove it on the big stage . Cantona , Irwin, Yorke et al would have scored that penalty last night. The 99 team would have taken a look at Barca, had a bit of a giggle and gone at their back 4 licking their lips in the knowledge that they could always turn them over 3-0 at OT if things went wrong.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    25 Apr '08 13:25
    Liverpool 0 - 0 Chelsea
    Barcelona 1 - 1 Man U
    You weren't far out with those predictions Paly...

I still fancy Liverpool to go through, maybe on penalties?

Man Utd are up against it now though, they needed a goal at the Nou Camp... I can't see Barca not scoring at Old Trafford.

My heart says it's a Liverpool v Man Utd final... my head says it's Chelsea v Barca - with Barca being the eventual winners.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '08 14:41
    Head says ManU v Chelsea
    Heart says Liverpool v Barca

ManU should beat Barca at home, although the fact that they didn't get an away goal makes it very interesting. Liverpool need a goal at the Bridge (which they've never managed under Benitez) which I think they'll get but whether it'll be enough is another question.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 15:49
    You're right, he doesn't run
    You could have stopped there.

LMFAO!

D
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 15:57
    You could have stopped there.

LMFAO!

D
    And the joke's still on you...
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 16:07
    And the joke's still on you...
    Ok. πŸ˜•

So Deco's lack of ability to run or pass or shoot had nothing to do with Barcelona losing the tie.

Where did you watch the game last night, btw?

D
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 17:162 edits
    Ok. πŸ˜•

So Deco's lack of ability to run or pass or shoot had nothing to do with Barcelona losing the tie.

Where did you watch the game last night, btw?

D
    I said repeatedly that I didn't watch the game. Nor will I watch tonight's game, unfortunately.

Most reports I read said he was actually one of the best from Barcelona. But, of course, I imagine he didn't run like a headless chicken so you wouldn't know anything about that.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 19:03
    what do yuo think about United's chances of the double?

I reckon they'll win 1 but not both!!

With Rooney and Vida both injured we'll struggle
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 22:43
    Originally posted by jacko13
    what do yuo think about United's chances of the double?

I reckon they'll win 1 but not both!!

With Rooney and Vida both injured we'll struggle
    agree with you, they may mess up the prem league the way its going.. even mess up both😡😡
  14. LA
    Moves
    01 May '08 05:42
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Once again big gob, would you like to bet on those results?

No, of course you wouldn't.

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0
    Barcelona 2 Man Utd 1
    I know, you've won it 5 times. LOL
  15. LA
    Moves
    01 May '08 05:47
    Originally posted by spurs73
    agree with you, they may mess up the prem league the way its going.. even mess up both😡😡
    United have their NAME ON THE TROPHY x 2.

Rooney and Vidic will be back on Saturday but we don't need them anyway to win the league.

Oh Carrick Carrick, he went to Man United and he won the lot.
    (Just like Teddy).

Keep warming the bench Bent 😡😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree