1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 May '08 08:15
    I hope United do the smart thing and arrive in Russia at the last minute, ensuring that they bring their own security, food and chefs.

Just our luck to be meeting a crook's team on his home turf. I was shouting for the Poo last night as much as I was for United the night before.

D
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    01 May '08 18:13
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    [b]United have their NAME ON THE TROPHY x 2.
    ... well it was not so long ago you we saying United would will three trophies.....

NONE SO FAR MATE....STILL A FEW WEEKS TO GO😏
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 May '08 18:23
    I hope United don't win or I won't be able to tell Rags again that Man U have less FIFA/UEFA tournaments than Porto. 😛
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 May '08 18:23
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I hope United don't win or I won't be able to tell Rags again that Man U have less FIFA/UEFA tournaments than Porto. 😛
    FACT!
  5. LA
    Moves
    02 May '08 05:41
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ... well it was not so long ago you we saying United would will three trophies.....

NONE SO FAR MATE....STILL A FEW WEEKS TO GO😏
    Yes, 3 trophies, Mickey Mouse Treble this year.

Champions League
    Premier League
    Charity Shield.

The PL is the one though.
    Its going to be a great night when we take Chelsea appart, however its the League title I really want.

If you don't think United are going to win the league, last time I checked Chelsea were 7/2, worth a few quid?
  6. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    02 May '08 06:32
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Yes, 3 trophies, Mickey Mouse Treble this year.

Champions League
    Premier League
    Charity Shield.

The PL is the one though.
    Its going to be a great night when we take Chelsea appart, however its the League title I really want.

If you don't think United are going to win the league, last time I checked Chelsea were 7/2, worth a few quid?
    Mickey mouse treble, but an amazing double.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 May '08 07:11
    FACT!
    Well done. You got it right this time.

D
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 May '08 09:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Well done. You got it right this time.

D
    Practice makes perfect, I guess.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 May '08 08:43
    You'll have to tell us how much Porto paid for "winning" those cups. LMFAO!!!!
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12003_3543311,00.html

D
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 May '08 09:26
    You'll have to tell us how much Porto paid for "winning" those cups. LMFAO!!!!
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12003_3543311,00.html

D
    In that case it was proven that Porto did not benefit from any intervention by the referees in all of the analyzed games.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 May '08 09:45
    In that case it was proven that Porto did not benefit from any intervention by the referees in all of the analyzed games.
    "proven"?

How does one prove anything in a case like this, involving a corrupt football club and corrupt officials? How can it be "proven" that Porto tried to bribe refs on only 2 occasions?

What about the countless other times they may have tried, and succeeded, in bribing referees? Did any of the 5 officials found guilty of corruption ever have anything to do with a Porto game?

I wonder is it coincidence that Porto also won the Champions League and Intercontinental Cup in the same season that they were found guilty of trying to bribe match officials? One has to wonder, although to be honest, alarm bells should have been ringing when a team from a semi-amateur, non-competitive league wins the Champions League.

It galls me to think that United were knocked out by a team, who at the time would do anything to win.

D
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 May '08 10:242 edits
    "proven"?

How does one prove anything in a case like this, involving a corrupt football club and corrupt officials? How can it be "proven" that Porto tried to bribe refs on only 2 occasions?

What about the countless other times they may have tried, and succeeded, in bribing referees? Did any of the 5 officials found guilty of corruption ever hav ...[text shortened]... think that United were knocked out by a team, who at the time would do anything to win.

D
    You clearly don't know anything about the case.

This is a 4-year investigation that was precipitated by a number of accusations, the majority of which were proven to be false. One of the main sources, our president ex-girlfriend, was accused and tried of slander but not before printing a best-seller of lies and making a bundle out of it.

This 4 year investigation investigated accusation spread over several seasons and culminated in the conviction of attempted bribery for simply two games that were thoroughly analyzed and where it was concluded that no bias was apparent in the referees performance. What is a shame is that still only based on the testimony of witnesses, of which the most important of all is a proven slanderer that has become rich out of it, was still enough to get convictions, even if only on attempted bribery.

You clearly don't know the power of Benfica in Portugal. The six points and the 2 year ban were both maximum penalties for the alleged crimes (its relegation if proven that the ref took the bribe, which it was proven that he did not). All of this led by consistently false leaks to the press to put pressure on the District Attorney to find at least one conviction,no matter how circumstantial the evidence.

But of course, none of that interests you. What you care about is that Scholes goal stuck in your throat and the fact that this "semi-amateur, non-competitive" club has won more FIFA/UEFA tournaments that your "massive" club with all its fake fans.
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    10 May '08 16:23
    But of course, none of that interests you. What you care about is that Scholes goal stuck in your throat and the fact that this "semi-amateur, non-competitive" club has won more FIFA/UEFA tournaments that your "massive" club with all its fake fans.[/b]
    Rec'ed!
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 May '08 20:101 edit
    You clearly don't know anything about the case.

This is a 4-year investigation that was precipitated by a number of accusations, the majority of which were proven to be false. One of the main sources, our president ex-girlfriend, was accused and tried of slander but not before printing a best-seller of lies and making a bundle out of it.

This 4 year i " club has won more FIFA/UEFA tournaments that your "massive" club with all its fake fans.
    You should apply to join the Daily Sport's "journalism" team.

Either that or apply for a job scriptwriting for Dream Team.

D
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 May '08 10:26
    You should apply to join the Daily Sport's "journalism" team.

Either that or apply for a job scriptwriting for Dream Team.

D
    No arguments, as usual.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree