1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 03:59
    Barry bonds just hit a long home run to right, in the late innings at home against the Washington Nationals. I'm on the fence about how I feel of him personally, but watching it sure gave me chills!

Thank God for baseball!
  2. Ohio
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 04:17
    wahooo
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 04:22
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Barry bonds just hit a long home run to right...
    You can watch it on www.espn.com.

Way to go, Barry.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 11:55
    Thank God the circus is over.
  5. over there
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 12:11
    Who cares. He cheated.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 12:50
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Who cares. He cheated.
    Don't care? Buzz off then.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 13:44
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Don't care? Buzz off then.
    Why don't YOU buzz off? This guy will entice young players to take a few cycles of steroids to get big so they can also do things beyond the normal abilities of a human. This shouldn't be celebrated, or swept under the rug. This guy should be alienated for what he's done so the future players of any game know that if they beef-up and put up cartoon like numbers no one is going to accept their record as anything other than cheating.

That guy's skull is stupid big. He's got hands like shovels, and feet like Donal Duck. I'd punch his FACE!

P-
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 13:54
    I care and I think it sad that the record goes to a cheater.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Why don't YOU buzz off? This guy will entice young players to take a few cycles of steroids to get big so they can also do things beyond the normal abilities of a human. This shouldn't be celebrated, or swept under the rug. This guy should be alienated for what he's done so the future players of any game know that if they beef-up and put up cartoon like ...[text shortened]... id big. He's got hands like shovels, and feet like Donal Duck. I'd punch his FACE!

P-
    Oh Puh-leeze! You really think there are kids out there juicing saying, I want to be like Barry! Not bloody likely. People juice because they're idiots, not because they idolize someone who does.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:40
    Oh Puh-leeze! You really think there are kids out there juicing saying, I want to be like Barry! Not bloody likely. People juice because they're idiots, not because they idolize someone who does.
    I think you are obviously right that only an idiot would use HGH or steriods in the hopes that they would hit like Barry Bonds. But, I think there are a lot of idiots on planet earth (including Mr. Bonds himself who wanted to be like Sosa and McGuire) and they see how instead of aging and losing power individuals could hit homeruns at never seen paces. People are often short sided and they do idolize the achievement and the man and they are more likely to be Barry, Sosa ans McGuire even if it means risking their health for glory.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I think you are obviously right that only an idiot would use HGH or steriods in the hopes that they would hit like Barry Bonds. But, I think there are a lot of idiots on planet earth (including Mr. Bonds himself who wanted to be like Sosa and McGuire) and they see how instead of aging and losing power individuals could hit homeruns at never seen p ...[text shortened]... y are more likely to be Barry, Sosa ans McGuire even if it means risking their health for glory.
    Don't blame the players who cheated. Blame MLB for turning a blind eye when they knew what was happening. Now that major sports leagues have become more-or-less zero tolerance on the issue, what do we have to worry about?

We can crucify the players on this all we like and state that they're leading thousands (maybe even MILLIONS) of kids to do performance enhancing drugs but the bottom line is people do these drugs all over the world. It's just a sad part of human nature; the want to be HUGE. Sports leagues all over the world need to get their houses in order and this stuff will stop on the professional level - bottom line. But as for the idiot kids and amateurs, they will always do it; Barry or not.

There is no denying Bonds was a great ballplayer. Like I have said before, let's just accept the fact that MLB has erred and pray that someone else comes and breaks the record as soon as possible.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:52
    When I tell my kid about Bary I'm not going to leave out that he did steroids and was a big fat-headed cheater. My kid is going to know I gave this guy no respect and no credibility for what he did to achieve his tainted record.

Now if I were to sugar coat and sweep it under the rug I'd be sending my kid a different message.

Yes, kids DO look up to people and even try to be like their heroes. What the hell are you thinking?

P-
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:54
    Don't blame the players who cheated. Blame MLB for turning a blind eye when they knew what was happening. Now that major sports leagues have become more-or-less zero tolerance on the issue, what do we have to worry about?

We can crucify the players on this all we like and state that they're leading thousands (maybe even MILLIONS) of kids to do performan ...[text shortened]... at MLB has erred and pray that someone else comes and breaks the record as soon as possible.
    We can hold MLB AND the cheaters responsible for what they did. I'm not giving anyone a free pass on this one. I'll blame them both, thank you.

P-
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:591 edit
    When I tell my kid about Bary I'm not going to leave out that he did steroids and was a big fat-headed cheater. My kid is going to know I gave this guy no respect and no credibility for what he did to achieve his tainted record.

Now if I were to sugar coat and sweep it under the rug I'd be sending my kid a different message.

Yes, kids DO look up to people and even try to be like their heroes. What the hell are you thinking?

P-
    Obviously, this is not a fond memory for baseball. And obviously, I'm not going to tell my kid about the wonderful Barry Bonds and his hard work! I'll be like, See this mammoth butthole, he has this record because he used drugs to get where he is but the sad fact is nobody likes him and the majority of people no longer respect his accomplishment.

And NEWS FLASH - no kid looks up to Barry Bonds. Not anymore.

(White) Kids look up to guys like Tom Brady. Hell, the whole world looks up to Tom Brady.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:591 edit
    We can hold MLB AND the cheaters responsible for what they did. I'm not giving anyone a free pass on this one. I'll blame them both, thank you.

P-
    So which players should we crucify then, in your opinion?

And if nobody told the cheaters what they were doing was wrong, why should they have stopped? THEY knew. WE suspected. But they didn't care. Keep socking them dingers boys and get those people back in the seats!

And look at bsaeball now, as popular as ever and back on track.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree