1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    So which players should we crucify then, in your opinion?

And if nobody told the cheaters what they were doing was wrong, why should they have stopped? THEY knew. WE suspected. But they didn't care. Keep socking them dingers boys and get those people back in the seats!

And look at bsaeball now, as popular as ever and back on track.
    Steroid use was outlawed in about 1991 by MLB (the commisioner right before Bud), and the USA long before that. MLB just didn't test for it. If they didn't consider it as cheating, why do players try to hide it?

Cuz they KNOW they were cheating!

Also, there are others cheating. Who are they? Your guess is as good as mine. Just because you can't catch every cheater shouldn't be a pass for the ones you know cheated. That's like telling a cop "So what if I was speeding, I saw a guy yesterday going twice as fast as I was going and you didn't give THEM a ticket.

That's just stupid talk.

P-
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:10
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Steroid use was outlawed in about 1991 by MLB (the commisioner right before Bud), and the USA long before that. MLB just didn't test for it. If they didn't consider it as cheating, why do players try to hide it?

Cuz they KNOW they were cheating!

Also, there are others cheating. Who are they? Your guess is as good as mine. Just because you can't ...[text shortened]... fast as I was going and you didn't give THEM a ticket.

That's just stupid talk.

P-
    Exactly. There's no PROOF that Barry cheated. Even though it's rather obvious to you and me by looking - there's no PROOF! Why do you think they held these Grand Jury inquiries? They wanted admissions.

That's like getting caught for speeding, not by a radar gun, but by measuring how high your hair is from the windspeed. STUPID TALK.

When they find the proof, his name will be struck from the records - you'll see.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:12
    Don't blame the players who cheated. Blame MLB for turning a blind eye when they knew what was happening. Now that major sports leagues have become more-or-less zero tolerance on the issue, what do we have to worry about?

We can crucify the players on this all we like and state that they're leading thousands (maybe even MILLIONS) of kids to do performan ...[text shortened]... at MLB has erred and pray that someone else comes and breaks the record as soon as possible.
    Why wouldn't you blame the players who cheated? They are certainly wrong. The fact that baseball (all sports) may have been lax and may also get blame does not mean that the cheaters themselves are any less blameworthy. The fact that it may be difficult to figure out exactly who was cheating doesn't mean that the obvious cheaters should be ignored either. Bonds was a great player. I thought he was the best in the game. I liked him alot. Didn't care that he wasn't always nice to reporters. But, he cheated and to me it taints his WHOLE career.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Why wouldn't you blame the players who cheated? They are certainly wrong. The fact that baseball (all sports) may have been lax and may also get blame does not mean that the cheaters themselves are any less blameworthy. The fact that it may be difficult to figure out exactly who was cheating doesn't mean that the obvious cheaters should be ignor t he wasn't always nice to reporters. But, he cheated and to me it taints his WHOLE career.
    NO PROOF. Just very likely suspicions.

It may be "obvious" but it's still not FACT.

This is why you have to go to school to be a judge.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:14
    Exactly. There's no PROOF that Barry cheated. Even though it's rather obvious to you and me by looking - there's no PROOF! Why do you think they held these Grand Jury inquiries? They wanted admissions.

That's like getting caught for speeding, not by a radar gun, but by measuring how high your hair is from the windspeed. STUPID TALK.

When they find the proof, his name will be struck from the records - you'll see.
    Do they really remove records when someone is busted?

P-
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:15
    NO PROOF. Just very likely suspicions.

It may be "obvious" but it's still not FACT.

This is why you have to go to school to be a judge.
    He's guilty in the court of public opinion. I went to school for it.

P-
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Do they really remove records when someone is busted?

P-
    If I had to predict, if Barry admitted to it, they would remove it. But he won't and who could blame him?
  8. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:49
    The problem lies in the fact that while baseball had "rules" against steroid use way back when, they did not test for it. It's been said before that the "dingers" put the fans in the seats and all were happy. Then all of a sudden they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar when Canseco's book came out. After that all of a sudden they're testing for steroids etc.

Point being if Bonds is "crucified" then we need to crucify them all!! Just my opinion.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 16:39
    cOriginally posted by Chaswray
    The problem lies in the fact that while baseball had "rules" against steroid use way back when, they did not test for it. It's been said before that the "dingers" put the fans in the seats and all were happy. Then all of a sudden they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar when Canseco's book came out. After that all of a sudden they're testing for ...[text shortened]... Point being if Bonds is "crucified" then we need to crucify them all!! Just my opinion.
    No one says only crucify Bonds. No one said he is the only one who cheats. But he is a cheater and cheaters should not be honored. So to me it is sad that he broke the record.
  10. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 16:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 16:46
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    No one says only crucify Bonds. No one said he is the only one who cheats. But he is a cheater and cheaters should not be honored. So to me it is sad that he broke the record.
    I don't want to honor Bonds either, just hate the hypocrisy. I think baseball and a lot of professional sports are in a sad state of affairs.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 16:55
    Oh Puh-leeze! You really think there are kids out there juicing saying, I want to be like Barry! Not bloody likely. People juice because they're idiots, not because they idolize someone who does.
    good point. Its the culture these days to look BIG. I was watching a documentry the other day and it said that kids as young as 14 - 16y are taking the stuff.

Not because they do sports, but because they want a certain look when they hit the clubs on friday and saturday nights.
  13. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 17:13
    Even if Bonds cheated, he is still going to go into the record books
    as the all-time HR king, so just enjoy the moment!!
    And besides, whether he used juice or not, for him to hit 756 HR is an amazing accomplishment nevertheless.

I think Bonds is criticized so much because he is a jerk to the media.
    That's just who he is, nobody can do anything about that.
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 17:55
    Originally posted by trailblazers35
    And besides, whether he used juice or not, for him to hit 756 HR is an amazing accomplishment nevertheless.

Exactly, it takes a lot more than a pumped up physique to hit home runs in the MLB with all the crap pitchers can throw these days. I am just glad that he finally broke the record, SF isn't the most exciting team to watch.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 17:58
    Originally posted by trailblazers35

You may enjoy the moment, I'm going to view this guy as the unsavory cheater he is and NOT enjoy the moment.

If someone were to hop on a scooter and break a 3 minute mile would you be clapping too, or are you going to say "Wait, you can't do that. You're 3 minute mile means nothing, since you cheated".

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree