1. Standard memberAerick
    RSL Fan
    Sandy, UT
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 04:241 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I've got all the respect in the world for rugby... those guys are nuts, and I don't know HOW they don't end up broken and dead.

NFL wears pads so they can hit harder, and come back to play again... frankly, I don't know how rugby players can play the game they play and survive.

Soccer is disappointing because they fake so much, take a stretcher rid ...[text shortened]... mp off to come running back in. Low scores also make it unbearable for some to watch.

P-
    There's room enough to love multiple sports.

I, for example, love soccer and football, and enjoy several others - though to a lesser degree.

That said, not everyone has to love soccer, just because it has more fans in the world than any other sport. What I hate, however, are people that haven't given it enough of a chance - or are so quick to hop on the "soccer hater" bandwagon. You really should go to a couple of games with someone who really knows the intracacies of the sport, and you may actually discover why so many millions in the world enjoy it so passionately.

I think most soccer fans would agree with you on how disappointing some of the "fake" injuries are. However, you should understand that with only 1 referee on the actual field of play, it's often difficult for them to call an accurate foul without some of the dramatic spills that players take. I would love to see one more official added onto the field of play, and hopefully that would lead to more accurate officiating.

By the way, I got my Beckham jersey in the mail just last week. 😀
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 20:10
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I read it on teh interweb somewhere.

18 Million players in the US.😲
    It is a very popular sport over here for youth and women.

A lot of statistics get thrown around and you can't entirely trust any of them.

it would not shock me to learn that the US has a very high participation rate. Keeping in mind that there may be more girls playing than boys.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 02:19
    Beckham will miss another game tomorrow night against FC Dallas.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 05:39
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Beckham will miss another game tomorrow night against FC Dallas.
    Yea I think he might be ready to play Toronto on Sunday, but you never know.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 10:10
    Keeping in mind that there may be more girls playing than boys.
    Some people would say American football is played by a bunch of women too. 😉
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 15:11
    Some people would say American football is played by a bunch of women too. 😉
    Those people would be idiots.

And if they said it to a bunch of 6' 7", 300 lb., steroid-crazed, NFL linebackers; they would be dead idiots.
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 15:12
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Yea I think he might be ready to play Toronto on Sunday, but you never know.
    Donovan has been playing better and Cobi Jones seems re-born. It would be nice to see what the 3 of them could do in the same mid-field.

Gordon might win the scoring title.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 15:131 edit
    Those people would be idiots.

And if they said it to a bunch of 6' 7", 300 lb., steroid-crazed, NFL linebackers; they would be dead idiots.
    Lucky I didn't say it then hey? 😀

What's happened with that Eddie Gavin - I was very impressed when I saw him playing last year. Is he still around?
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 15:211 edit
    Lucky I didn't say it then hey? 😀

What's happened with that Eddie Gavin - I was very impressed when I saw him playing last year. Is he still around?
    I haven't heard much about Gavin this year.

He seems to have been eclipsed by Eddie Johnson, Brian Ching, and Demarcus Beasley.
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 20:12
    Beckham scored on a direct kick last night.

It was pretty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree