Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    12 Jul '09 17:46
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8146391.stm

    My question is: who is this 'nobody' criticizing him?
  2. 27 Jul '09 04:27
    o dear....o dear.....o dear....Becks american dream coming to an end as he gets booed of the pitch after his first game back, then loses it and offers out the supporters.

    It took the yanks 3 years to realise what most of us have known for the last 10 years....he an't no world class player!!!!
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    27 Jul '09 15:21
    Originally posted by spurs73
    o dear....o dear.....o dear....Becks american dream coming to an end as he gets booed of the pitch after his first game back, then loses it and offers out the supporters.

    It took the yanks 3 years to realise what most of us have known for the last 10 years....he an't no world class player!!!!
    We're talking about Mr. Spice, right?


  4. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    28 Jul '09 01:51
    I don't know why the hell Beckham still plays in the anti-soccer country, he proved as one of the best in the past season in Milan and he's still a competitive at higher level.
    Get out of there and return to Italy.
  5. 28 Jul '09 08:37
    I just don't think he is/was THAT good tbh. In his prime at 26-28yrs he could whip a pin-point cross in every 15 mins or so, and he was/is truly great free kick taker.

    His brand has carried him round the world earning him and his sponsors guzillions; but it was all bound to end in tears as his self appraisal was always going to be a over-inflated reflection of his PR.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    29 Jul '09 01:53
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I don't know why the hell Beckham still plays in the anti-soccer country,
    Hmmm...

    It wouldn't have anything to do with....


    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?



    Would it?
  7. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    31 Jul '09 20:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    Hmmm...

    It wouldn't have anything to do with....


    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?



    Would it?
    It's the $ - he's a has-been as a soccer player. Nice guy, though.
  8. 31 Jul '09 22:47
    Originally posted by sh76
    We're talking about Mr. Spice, right?


    Mr. Spice LOL
  9. 31 Jul '09 22:49
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I don't know why the hell Beckham still plays in the anti-soccer country, he proved as one of the best in the past season in Milan and he's still a competitive at higher level.
    Get out of there and return to Italy.
    Hey! We're a rabid football country! That's why we take it so PERSONAL so he sucks so badly!

    Hope he can swim, because he's goin' 'cross th' pond!!!
  10. 02 Aug '09 10:34
    He was booed again yesterday by some of his own fans. Becks responded with a converted free kick.

    Apparently it's his preposterous wife they don't like out there - i can't imagine why!!