1980-81 1981-82 1982-83 1983-84 1994-95
    2000-01 2002-03
    I though this was the 'worthless cup' so why you listing it!!!😵😵😵
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 11:05
    Originally posted by corgi
    why oh why are liverpool fans so touchy? The manager struggles to find his best team and when he does get a result he changes the team! Logic?
    FACT: The team is playing boring football and the club is in turmoil. USA USA USA!!!!!!🙄
    I can see you're going to be a font of knowledge and an interesting poster on these boards.

I'm looking forward to your next contribution like a cup of cold sick.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 11:06
    Originally posted by Hopster
    18 league titles, but 18 years since you won the last one. Not one in the Premier era.
    .. and how many have your team won? Let me guess, it's less than 18 isn't it? Yeah, thought so.
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 11:08
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Manchester United have won all those trophies too.
    Yes, but the point being (FA cups aside) you haven't won as many of them.

No more questions your honour.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 11:10
    Originally posted by spurs73
    by the way SPURS have won the double..have liverpool ever done that?
    I like you, so I'll go easy.

See in the league championships list, there's an entry under 1985-86? Now see in the FA Cup wins, there's an entry for 1985-86 also? Put them together ... and what have you got?
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 11:12
    I though this was the 'worthless cup' so why you listing it!!!😵😵😵
    Using ROAB and the SKY generation logic, I think only one of those was a Worthless Cup win!
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 13:01
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Using ROAB and the SKY generation logic, I think only one of those was a Worthless Cup win!
    LOL..but it is you who refered to the League Cup as a 'worthless cup' BIGBOY....

So I am asking...the 9 league cups LIVERPUDS won were woth winning..where they?🙄
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 13:11
    I like you, so I'll go easy.

See in the league championships list, there's an entry under 1985-86? Now see in the FA Cup wins, there's an entry for 1985-86 also? Put them together ... and what have you got?
    I am so so sorry..O MIGHTY RED'S SUPPORTER.. i had forgotten Kenny's first season!

WALK ON...WALK..ON.. WITH..WITH A HOPE..IN YOUR HEARTS..THAT RAFA WITH AGAIN...AGAIN..WIN THE CHAMPS CUP...😏
  9. LA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:24
    Yes, but the point being (FA cups aside) you haven't won as many of them.

No more questions your honour.
    2 more Premier League titles and Manchester United will be the most sucessful English side in history (League and FA Cup).

Manchester United are already the biggest football team in England and probably the world.

Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham all have tropies in the cabinet right now, Liverpool on the other hand have lots of memories.

Thats all I'm saying.

The league cup is not a worthless cup.

Its a very bad season for Manchester United if we don't win the league.
    The CL is ok but nothing compared to being champions of your own country. Can't you remember the differance?
    The FA Cup, good to win if all else fails.
    League Cup, not as good as the FA Cup but still well worth winning.
  10. Charlotte, NC
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 17:52
    will hicks and gillett sell to the Dubai International? 800 million is a lot to turn down.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=513417&cc=5901
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 19:04
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    The CL is ok but nothing compared to being champions of your own country. Can't you remember the differance?
    The FA Cup, good to win if all else fails.
    League Cup, not as good as the FA Cup but still well worth winning.[/b]
    I have to agree with you here. The Prem league, for me is the best and hardest league to win in world football

Look at this season, with still 10 odd games left to play, the league is still wide open with 3 teams in it!

Only the team with the best squad and the most consistance performance can win the league..and that is why the so called top 4 in the prem league always do so well in the Champions League..year in..year out and thats a FACT
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 16:45
    I have to agree with you here. The Prem league, for me is the best and hardest league to win in world football

Look at this season, with still 10 odd games left to play, the league is still wide open with 3 teams in it!

Only the team with the best squad and the most consistance performance can win the league..and that is why the so called top 4 in the prem league always do so well in the Champions League..year in..year out and thats a FACT
    Exactly. You have to have such a dynamic game to win in england and you have to have strength in depth
  13. where angels play
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 09:04

Yeah and the top four always do so well in the champions league dont they?? Thats why teams from the prem have won it so many times....hmmm. Please remind me apart from us in 05 and the scum in 99 i really cant remember chelsea or aresanal lifting the european cup much in the past few years?
  14. Berks.
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 11:22
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Yeah and the top four always do so well in the champions league dont they?? Thats why teams from the prem have won it so many times....hmmm. Please remind me apart from us in 05 and the scum in 99 i really cant remember chelsea or aresanal lifting the european cup much in the past few years?
    He did say doing well, not necessarily winning the compeition. They've been well represented in the latter stages over recent years.
  15. where angels play
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 12:09
    Originally posted by Peakite
    He did say doing well, not necessarily winning the compeition. They've been well represented in the latter stages over recent years.
    Yeah because everybody remembers the beaten semi finalsts or the runners up. If the champions league is so easy to win, why has old red nose only won one of them? Why has he put his retirment on hold untill he wins another if it doesnt mean as much to him as the league, is he not the best english club manager of modern times? The only reason the scum fans say they prefer to win the league is because they can win it, they have the finances to win it, chelsea bought the league FACT. You have to have a huge spending budget if you want to win the league, you dont necessarily need one to win the champions league. We proved it in 05, Porto and Dortmund have proved it in the past even Ajax

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree