1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 12:56
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Mancini is apparently leaving at the end of the season [rumour]and Inter is looking at Benitez as a serious possibility[/rumour]
    I would think that's more than just a rumour - Rafa has had the beating of Italy's best over the past few seasons, and all the big clubs' boardrooms would be far more aware of this fact than some of the debatable decisions the man has made against the lower teams of the EPL. I'd think they would do all they could to get him. I don't think he will leave though - the man has a real passion for the club, and I wouldn't want him to.
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 12:58
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Who was in it?
    Man Utd and Chelsea. If any game proves that big teams do not equal good matches, that one did.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 13:05
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Man Utd and Chelsea. If any game proves that big teams do not equal good matches, that one did.
    Yes, sorry, I knew - it was kind of a play on how forgettable it was 😉
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 13:131 edit
    agreed..however the most boring FA cup final ever has to be when Chelsea played Arsenal a few years back...2002!

anyone remember that one....a classic bore!
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 14:32
    Too true.

I was so lethargic after watching it that I really didn't care any more who won.

Unfortunately, Chelsea's negative tactics combined with an exhausted and depleted United squad was to blame. Totally forgettable.

D
  6. Berks.
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 16:54
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

Much more anticipated that this years "magic of the FA Cup" final against Barnsley and erm... Cardiff. Can't wait.
    A final which can't happen.

For those of us who don't support the 'big four', this final will be the most anticipated in years. One of the strengths of the Cup is the huge numbers of sides who compete, and over the course of a single game the odds can be beaten.

Besides, the sides involved isn't always a good indicator how how entertaining the game will be. The top sides play some pretty dull games betweeen each other, whereas weaker sides can throw up far more entertaining games (albeit the skill level on display wouldn't be sa high, but that doesn't stop a game being entertaining).
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:49
    Originally posted by Peakite

For those of us who don't support the 'big four', this final will be the most anticipated in years.
    This 'big 4 supporter' bashing is getting silly now. Why would a Liverpool supporter not anticipate this year's final as much as last year's?
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    This 'big 4 supporter' bashing is getting silly now. Why would a Liverpool supporter not anticipate this year's final as much as last year's?
    Alright Cappie?

I'll enjoy this year's FA Cup final more than last year whoever's in it - because it means that Chelsea nor ManU will be winning it! Shame Cardiff couldn't have put this run together anytime in the previous 7 years - then they could have possibly been playing the final at the MS.

Yes, the big 4 bashing is getting rather tedious - but one or two self righteous knob jockies clearly feel the need to get it off their chests!
  9. Berks.
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 19:31
    Firstly I wasn't bashing the supporters of those sides, and I certainly wasn't making comparison to a single year. Perhaps it might had been staed as a neutral.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 20:34
    Originally posted by Peakite
    Firstly I wasn't bashing the supporters of those sides, and I certainly wasn't making comparison to a single year. Perhaps it might had been staed as a neutral.
    You're right - I apologise.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 20:37
    Alright Cappie?

I'll enjoy this year's FA Cup final more than last year whoever's in it - because it means that Chelsea nor ManU will be winning it! Shame Cardiff couldn't have put this run together anytime in the previous 7 years - then they could have possibly been playing the final at the MS.

Yes, the big 4 bashing is getting rather tedious - but one or two self righteous knob jockies clearly feel the need to get it off their chests!
    Alright mate?

Yeah it will be interesting to see what Roman gets for his rubles this year - my prediction = nothing! Grant out, Rijkaard or Mancini in in the summer...
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 16:52
    Alright mate?

Yeah it will be interesting to see what Roman gets for his rubles this year - my prediction = nothing! Grant out, Rijkaard or Mancini in in the summer...
    I don't think they'll get Rijkaard or Mancini and I think Grant is doing OK
  13. Joined
    18 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 19:30
    in a few seasons everton will over take liverpool
    moyes forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 22:03
    Originally posted by jackjones
    in a few seasons everton will over take liverpool
    moyes forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In a few seasons Everton won't even be in Liverpool.

And yes, Gollum .... sorry, Moyes ... forever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree