1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 11:04
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Jesus wept.

Where's your evidence for this? Please try to refrain from just listing names of Rafa purchases that haven't been a huge success at Anfield.
    Rafa is the king of kicking his players when their confidence is low.

Look at how he treated Keane against Hull. This was the ultimate vote of no confidence in his new striker and is typical of the man. He's done the same with countless other good players who are low on confidence: Crouch, Morientes, Voronin, Babel, etc.

Whether some of those players were good enough to begin with, is another matter. Who bought them I wonder?

D
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 11:311 edit

Where's your evidence for this? Please try to refrain from just listing names of Rafa purchases that haven't been a huge success at Anfield.[/b]
    um lets see....

Morientes - depressingly dissapointing
    Zenden (yes he was rubbish at pool)
    Crouch - well under-used at Pool cos Rafa couldn't mak him fit finally sold cheap
    Fowlers ridiculous return
    Bellamy
    Mascherano - has he really lived up to his 17m tag - i think not!
    oh yes and Keane himself - £19 million - what's that about??
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 17:391 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    um lets see....

Morientes - depressingly dissapointing
    Zenden (yes he was rubbish at pool)
    Crouch - well under-used at Pool cos Rafa couldn't mak him fit finally sold cheap
    Fowlers ridiculous return
    Bellamy
    Mascherano - has he really lived up to his 17m tag - i think not!
    oh yes and Keane himself - £19 million - what's that about??
    "it's not a strength of Benitez to get players to bed in"

I'll remind you of what you said first then ask - what is bedding in? Bedding in to England? LFC? The system he employs?

BTW - You could have picked a lot worse than the players you picked.

Morientes - started well, not physical or quick enough for PL
    Zenden - stop gap freebie, not a great player but did a job
    Crouch - all we could afford when Rafa had to buy in bulk due the dross he inherited, did well, now we have Torres (sold for profit)
    Fowler - stop gap freebie, in his 2nd spell he had a better scoring rate than all the other players at the club
    Bellamy - see Crouch
    Mascherano - best DM in PL (Hargreaves my aris)
    Keane - a certain Ian Rush took 14 games to score even his first goal and demanded to be put on the transfer list because he wasn't gettting a game
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 18:351 edit
    "it's not a strength of Benitez to get players to bed in"

I'll remind you of what you said first then ask - what is bedding in? Bedding in to England? LFC? The system he employs?

BTW - You could have picked a lot worse than the players you picked.

Morientes - started well, not physical or quick enough for PL ...[text shortened]... is first goal and demanded to be put on the transfer list because he wasn't gettting a game
    Don't get me wrong I'm not anti Rafa or anti Pool (you lot always manage to spoil our party at some point in the season as you already have at the Bridge a few weeks ago!).

I just think Keane needs more time and a more starts to show confidence in him, partly because he is not a 'great' player in the big sense, and partly because Rafa doesn't have the best track record at settling new boys in that's all (to Pool in the PL).
  5. LA
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 03:20
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Must be true, hes s**t, cant score, what a waste of money blah blah blah. Oh wait a minute, no its Robbie Keane, it was in the scum so it must be true. Hang on are Liverpool top of the league?
    Sold in January? You clueless tosser.
  6. where angels play
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 08:30
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Ha Ha Ha Ha you absolute beut, made my day. Whooooooosh
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 09:46
    wow. And i thought you had troube expressing yourself..😉
  8. LA
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 10:12
    Well you're gonna need something to cheer you up today after the derby.

Steve Gerrard Gerrard
    He thinks that he's fkn hard
    He's gonna be fooked up the arrse
    Steve Gerrard Gerrard
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 10:27
    Trying to convince myself by pointing out the number of times that ManU fans are trying to convince themselves?
    Being guided by realities is a little different to being worried, don't you think?

D
  10. where angels play
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 11:07
    Do you not think their may have been just a touch of irony in the original post?

Did it really not occur to you that maybe i was having a poke at the british press, and the idiots who were calling for Robbie Keanes head after 4 months at a new club?

Maybe just maybe i was comparing Robbie Keanes situation with Berbatovs, and the fact that they hadn't set the world on fire at their new clubs doesn't mean that they are bad players, they just need time to settle.

Then you get beuts like you on here, actually agreeing with the clowns in the press, and the pr*cks that think football started in 1992!

I started the thread to see which of the many clowns that post on here would take the bait.

I really couldn't have hoped for a better outcome, than to have the biggest clown of the lot fall for it hook line and sinker.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 16:01

Did it really not occur to you that maybe i was having a poke at the british press, and the idiots who were calling for Robbie Keanes head after 4 months at a new club? ...they just need time to settle.
    Well in fairness it's still likely that Keane could be sold at the end on the season!

Benitez is still making the mystake of not really giving him the chance he deserves!
  12. LA
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 18:06
    Do you not think their may have been just a touch of irony in the original post?

Did it really not occur to you that maybe i was having a poke at the british press, and the idiots who were calling for Robbie Keanes head after 4 months at a new club?

Maybe just maybe i was comparing Robbie Keanes situation with Berbatovs, and the fact that they ...[text shortened]... a better outcome, than to have the biggest clown of the lot fall for it hook line and sinker.
    The irony is that its Keane who may be on his way for 8m.

The "idiots" calling for Keanes head are right.

There is no comparison between Keane and Berbatov.

Berbatov was in the middle of a 3 way 30m fight between United, City and Spurs.
    We are now seing why with his recent form.

Spurs snatched Liverpools hand off with 20m for Keane
    No other team were in any way interested.
    We are now seeing why.
    Was Rafa resting Keane today, suffering from splinters from the bench or something?

I'm starting to wonder if Torres ever hits the net again will Rafa bench him to give him a rest?
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 19:07
    you're wrong

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

does that make you an idiot?

surly not

that would be crazy talk

[i]right?
  14. LA
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 20:53
    Originally posted by trev33
    you're wrong

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

does that make you an idiot?

surly not

that would be crazy talk

[i]right?
    If Liverpool want to win the league then I'm actually right.

Keane is not good enough at the highest level.

Didn't cut it at Inter, he was young but great 20 year old strikers show real class, Inter shipped him out within a year I think.

Premiership examples include Fowler, Owen, Rooney, all WC at age 20.

Why did no other club go in for Keane at 20m?
    A great price for a top class striker.

Keane's performances significantly improved after Berbatov arrived, great strikers don't need help like that from a strike partner.

If Keane played regulally at Liverpool he would be ok, score goals but never be good enough to win you the league.

I would be really gutted if Keane had signed for United.
    Andy Cole material on his best days, not good enough.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 11:39
    The irony is that its Keane who may be on his way for 8m.

There is no comparison between Keane and Berbatov.

Berbatov was in the middle of a 3 way 30m fight between United, City and Spurs.
    We are now seing why with his recent form.

Spurs snatched Liverpools hand off with 20m for Keane
    N ...[text shortened]... starting to wonder if Torres ever hits the net again will Rafa bench him to give him a rest?
    Keane is a quality player and a worker. I would be happy to have him in my team ahead of Berbatov. However I'd be happy to have Berbatov in my team too - i just wonder how long it will take for the love affair with man u to to end??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree