1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 16:29
    What a joke.

Bertuzzi is suing coach Marc Crawford (coach of the Canucks) claiming that the coach told him in the dressing the go after Steve Moore.

Give me a break. Bertuzzi can't even stand up and say he screwed up and should be blamed. Oh no, "the coach made me do it".

Frickin baby. Get this guy outta the league.
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 02:30
    I’m glad that your not the judge in this case. Don’t tell me that you have never heard of a coach telling a player to get an opponent? I don’t have much sympathy for that kind of player, or coach and hope that there is a just decision. Wish the he*l that more fighters were dragged into the courts but instead all I see on the TV hockey reports are the “best fights of the week”. Give me a break!!
  3. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 03:01
    Originally posted by stringbean
    I’m glad that your not the judge in this case. Don’t tell me that you have never heard of a coach telling a player to get an opponent? I don’t have much sympathy for that kind of player, or coach and hope that there is a just decision. Wish the he*l that more fighters were dragged into the courts but instead all I see on the TV hockey reports are the “best fights of the week”. Give me a break!!
    There is quite a difference between a coach putting a target on a guy, and a guy doing what Bertuzzi did to Moore. A good analogy is with baseball. It is not rare for a pitcher to bean a hitter because that hitter has dominated the pitcher's team, or as retribution for a teammate who has been beaned. The rules are simple though, you hit him in the back, you don't go for the head or the legs. Translating that over to hockey; the rule is that you hit them hard on the wings, or you initiate a fight, where both participants can defend themselves. You DON'T grab a guy from behind and blindside him, breaking his neck.

Bertuzzi's infraction was not a fight, it was an assault. He should have been kicked out of the league, and spent time in jail. A fight in hockey is standard issue, that was not a fight.
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 04:38
    Fighting is part of the very DNA of hockey. It's always been a violent sport and always will be, you can't take that away from the game. Fights are what fans pay to see alongside with goals. What happens when two guys get in a fight in a hockey game, you see the crowd stand up and cheer. Not booing and telling them to stop.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 14:29
    Originally posted by Fat mans revenge
    There is quite a difference between a coach putting a target on a guy, and a guy doing what Bertuzzi did to Moore. A good analogy is with baseball. It is not rare for a pitcher to bean a hitter because that hitter has dominated the pitcher's team, or as retribution for a teammate who has been beaned. The rules are simple though, you hit him in th ...[text shortened]... league, and spent time in jail. A fight in hockey is standard issue, that was not a fight.
    well said
  6. Joined
    16 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 03:39
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Fighting is part of the very DNA of hockey. It's always been a violent sport and always will be, you can't take that away from the game. Fights are what fans pay to see alongside with goals. What happens when two guys get in a fight in a hockey game, you see the crowd stand up and cheer. Not booing and telling them to stop.
    Well, if that is the kind of "hockey" you pay to see"Good Luck".
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 21:52
    Well, if that is the kind of "hockey" you pay to see"Good Luck".
    Do you have anything to say about Bertuzzi or are you just going to go on about the fact you don't like fighting?

In case you forgot, Bertuzzi and Moore didn't fight.
  8. Joined
    16 Aug '07
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 04:48
    Originally posted by uzless
    Do you have anything to say about Bertuzzi or are you just going to go on about the fact you don't like fighting?

In case you forgot, Bertuzzi and Moore didn't fight.
    In case you forgot neither did Moor and Bertuzzi fight!

Think I’ll just keep on saying that I don’t like fighting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree