1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 May '07 22:55
    Originally posted by Palynka
    And obviously I don't agree with Fabregas being probably [b]the greatest young talent in the world today.[/b]
    So who is?

D
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    22 May '07 23:00
    Ronaldo?
    Messi?
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 23:142 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    So who is?

D
    You don't get it. If it's hard to decide who's the best player in the world it's even harder to decide who has the greatest potential, because it involves speculating about a much more uncertain future.

If you still don't understand why this means that ailing one single player as the greatest young talent is automatically overrating him wouldn't surprise me much.

Still, give me a free pick of an under-21 player from all around the world and I wouldn't choose Fabregas. Heck, I wouldn't even chose him above Obi Mikel.
  4. LA
    Moves
    23 May '07 05:13
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Rooney and Cantona are both best in similar positions. You have a problem of balance in your side. Scholes/zola/beardsley etc would sit a little deeper/wider and allow Cantona to play. No Rooney until he grows up.

Pearce over Irwin, not as good defensively but with a team like that how is anyone going to get the ball.

I'd play Beckham as Right b ...[text shortened]... over Giggs, Giggs misses too many sitters, is too left footed and his crosses often lack pace.
    I was a little biased with my selection and you have brought up some good points.

I would keep Rooney and Cantona because Rooney has the pace and power, he defends and imagine the quick passing interplay and 1 touch passing they could produce together.

I forgot about Pearce, yes he gets a place over Irwin, but ACole is definately overrated.

Campbell at is best you are right is better than Terry, but Stam at his best was awsome so I would keep him.

I would keep Giggs over Pires because of his pace.
    With Rooney and Cantona in the side Pires would be too similar.

I would stay with Neville at right back, he's not world class but I just can't think of a decent right back that has played more consistently than him at right back.
  5. LA
    Moves
    23 May '07 05:49
    You don't get it. If it's hard to decide who's the best player in the world it's even harder to decide who has the greatest potential, because it involves speculating about a much more uncertain future.

If you still don't understand why this means that ailing one single player as the greatest young talent is automatically overrating him wouldn't surprise ...[text shortened]... e world and I wouldn't choose Fabregas. Heck, I wouldn't even chose him above Obi Mikel.
    The Most Over Rated Players (Players that are now where near as good as thier reputations).

Its a really interesting concept and people struggle to get it but you are exactly right and its really funny reading some of the posts.

People who say Fabregas should not be on the list because he has the potential to be the best midfield player in the world at 20 are proving why he is on the list.
    He is good, very good but a new Roy Keane, Steven Gerrard, Messi or Bryan Robson, not a chance.
    At 20 those players were all far superior to Febregas.
    Hence he's one of the strongest cases for being classad as the the most overrated midfield player.

Carragher is also a classic case for the list.
    Against a world class top striker Carragher is way to slow and can be muscled off the ball. Remember the goal Henry scored at Anfield this season when he ran 30 meters to win a ball against Carragher he should never have won and went on to score and have you seen Carragher in an England shirt?
    Way too often you here Carragher classed as one of the top 5 CB's in Europe, no chance, maybe number 30 or so, which still makes him a good strong CB.

In a similar fashion Toure is just a good CB, he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Campbell, Terry, Ferdinand, Stam, Bruce, Pallister, Adams.

Dirk Kuyt is another good example.
    You here people saying, what a great buy, he's made a big differance at Liverpool.
    He's the best buy of the summer.
    Come on, how many goals did he score?
    How does he compare to Henry, Shearer, Owen, Van Nistelrooy, Cantona, Rooney, Wright, Fowler.
    Now we see, Kuyt is a very over rated player.

And Manchester United can tell you 12m reasons why Obi Mikel should be on the list.
  6. cactusville
    Moves
    23 May '07 13:12
    greatest player Robert Harvey St Kilda FC
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 May '07 16:33
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    And Manchester United can tell you 12m reasons why Obi Mikel should be on the list.
    Overpriced? Perhaps. I doubt he's overrated, though. Most people would say he wasn't worth half that much, so he's hardly highly rated.
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    23 May '07 20:14

If you still don't understand why this means that ailing one single player as the greatest young talent is automatically overrating him wouldn't surprise ...[text shortened]... e world and I wouldn't choose Fabregas. Heck, I wouldn't even chose him above Obi Mikel.
    I think any sensible person would agree with Ferguson and pick Adu!

USA 2010!!!
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 May '07 20:40
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Carragher is a great defender.
    In fairness, he took a lazy option for Milan's second goal tonight. Very atypical of him, although he looked like he may have been carrying an injury for the last part of the match.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree