Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 30 Jun '10 03:25
    Top 100 Best Basketball Players of All time:

    http://motownsportsrevival.blogspot.com/2008/05/top-100-basketball-players-of-all-time.html
  2. 01 Jul '10 00:41 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    Top 100 Best Basketball Players of All time:

    http://motownsportsrevival.blogspot.com/2008/05/top-100-basketball-players-of-all-time.html
    more like top 100 nba players of all time.

    Ok, You gonna say I'm just saying that cause I'm brazilian.

    But shouldn't Oscar Schimidt be in this list?

    He's the top scorer in the history of the game (more than 40.000 points)
    played 5 olympic games
    he's the top scorer of the olympic games

    and dont tell me he couldnt play in the nba, he scored 49 points in the pan american games final (in the eighties) against a team usa led by David Robinson and Danny Manning (and Brazil won, in Indianapolis)

    And he scored 30 points against Dream Team 2 in Atlanta 1996, at age 38!!! Pippen was (trying to) guarding him.

    He's one of the best (if not the best) 3pt shooters of all time. Once, In a 3pt shootout in Italy, he scored 29 out of 30.
  3. 01 Jul '10 00:45
    "4). These lists are based on the NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL. I would love to have the insight to include players from international leagues. The same goes for the Negro Leagues. Instead of pretending to know more than I do, I only chose to rate players who did their work in the four major leagues."

    ok than
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    01 Jul '10 01:18
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    Top 100 Best Basketball Players of All time:

    http://motownsportsrevival.blogspot.com/2008/05/top-100-basketball-players-of-all-time.html
    Bob Macadoo over Patrick Ewing?

    Give me a break.
  5. 01 Jul '10 02:13
    Originally posted by sh76
    Bob Macadoo over Patrick Ewing?

    Give me a break.
    I concur.
  6. 01 Jul '10 02:14
    Originally posted by monteirof
    "4). These lists are based on the NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL. I would love to have the insight to include players from international leagues. The same goes for the Negro Leagues. Instead of pretending to know more than I do, I only chose to rate players who did their work in the four major leagues."

    ok than
    still, your point is well taken
  7. 02 Jul '10 04:00
    yeah, I think those lists are just the opinions of the author. I don't think they particularly search them that that thoroughly. And I am sure that some guy trying to write copy to get an article in on time, is not going to go through international lists.

    So, sure, there probably were a few international players who were missed.

    Probably better to just say it is the list of the 100 best American Basketball Players...

    hey, I just posted it for fun...because I love BB!

    I got to meet Walt Frazier when I was a ten year old kid at basketball camp. He was incredible. About 20 of us little kids swarmed him, trying to get the ball from him. And we couldn't. We were like a swarm of bees...but he was just cool as can be, and dribbled through and around us, smiling the whole time....was great.
  8. 04 Jul '10 09:39
    World's Best Soccer/Football Players

    the FIFA 100:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_100

    (a list compiled by Pele in 2004)
  9. 06 Jul '10 18:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by monteirof
    more like top 100 nba players of all time.

    Ok, You gonna say I'm just saying that cause I'm brazilian.

    But shouldn't Oscar Schimidt be in this list?

    He's the top scorer in the history of the game (more than 40.000 points)
    played 5 olympic games
    he's the top scorer of the olympic games

    and dont tell me he couldnt play in the nba, he scored 49 best) 3pt shooters of all time. Once, In a 3pt shootout in Italy, he scored 29 out of 30.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Schmidt

    He was drafted by the New Jersey Nets in 1984, and had several other opportunities to play in the NBA, but declined them all in order to maintain his "amateur" status and continue to play in Brazil's national team (until 1989 NBA players were not allowed to play for national teams). He retired on May 26, 2003.


    One of the best reasons for allowing professionals to compete in the olympics -- it prevents travesties like having someone like Schmidt be forced to shun the NBA so he could retain his olympic eligibility.

    Although Scmidt could've given the NBA a try in 1989 when he was still not a terribly ancient 31. Why didn't he?
  10. 07 Jul '10 03:00
    Although Scmidt could've given the NBA a try in 1989 when he was still not a terribly ancient 31. Why didn't he?[/b]
    I dont know. Not sure if he received any proposal after that either.
  11. 07 Jul '10 03:01
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    World's Best Soccer/Football Players

    the FIFA 100:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_100

    (a list compiled by Pele in 2004)
    this list is a ridiculous joke. Nobody should take that seriously.
  12. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    08 Jul '10 16:40
    I don't care what sport yer talkin'... Rosie O'Donnell is the MAN!
  13. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    09 Jul '10 20:14
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Schmidt

    [quote]He was drafted by the New Jersey Nets in 1984, and had several other opportunities to play in the NBA, but declined them all in order to maintain his "amateur" status and continue to play in Brazil's national team (until 1989 NBA players were not allowed to play for national teams). He retired on May 26 ...[text shortened]... 've given the NBA a try in 1989 when he was still not a terribly ancient 31. Why didn't he?
    Actually, you are partially correct. What it did was allowed the USA to send professional athletes to complete against the professional athletes from the other countries. Those athletes like Schmidt were compensated by their own governments so they could remain "amateurs". That is why the Olympics use to be dominated by the Russia's, Germany's etc... and why now they only win occasionally.
  14. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    09 Jul '10 20:15
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I don't care what sport yer talkin'... Rosie O'Donnell is the MAN!
    Burnsie, you are one sick puppy!!!
  15. 11 Jul '10 16:24
    100 Best Baseball Players of All time

    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/legendary/lisab100.shtml

    (maybe better to say, 100 of the best baseball players of all time)

    Some of the Negro League players probably should be there - like Satchel Paige and Josh Gibson...

    and here's an alphabetical list of the members of the Baseball Hall of Fame:

    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/hof/hofmem.shtml