27 May '07 03:55
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    This has nothing to do with the thread!
    See new thread.
  2. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 May '07 06:33
    I Think Sir Matt Busby has to come into the reckoning more,When he took control ,United didnt even have their own stadium for 3 years ,bombed out Old Trafford meant ground sharing with our friends at Maine Road.He then assembled the Busby Babes, then to go through Munich where he was seriously injured himself to go on and take the Charlton Law Best team to a first ever English teams European Cup victory.staying at the top during four decades!The only faults was his slightly dubious roots as a player.
  3. LA
    Moves
    27 May '07 06:39
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    I Think Sir Matt Busby has to come into the reckoning more,When he took control ,United didnt even have their own stadium for 3 years ,bombed out Old Trafford meant ground sharing with our friends at Maine Road.He then assembled the Busby Babes, then to go through Munich where he was seriously injured himself to go on and take the Charlton Law Best team ...[text shortened]... aying at the top during four decades!The only faults was his slightly dubious roots as a player.
    I would still go for Sir Alex because he also won the Scottish League against Celtc and Rangers and also won in Europe in Scotland.

He also somehow managed to raise Manchester United to a new level against the unlimited spending power at Chelsea when just about everyone, including many of his own supporters doubted him.

And of course he won the holy grail, The Treble.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 09:44
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I would still go for Sir Alex because he also won the Scottish League against Celtc and Rangers and also won in Europe in Scotland.

He also somehow managed to raise Manchester United to a new level against the unlimited spending power at Chelsea when just about everyone, including many of his own supporters doubted him.

And of course he won the holy grail, The Treble.
    It's a fair call..... but for me, Cloughie is the supremo 'cos he took 2 very unfashionable sides to the pinnacle of English football, and won the European Cup back to back with one of them. Top man RIP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree