03 Apr '10 13:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the kid from Argentina 🙂
    Hotshot Hamish.

😉
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 13:56
    Billy Dane owned an ancient pair of football boots that used to belong to old time soccer star Dead Shot Keen. For some strange reason the boots enabled Billy to play in Dead Shot's style...

Class.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 14:31
    Rio Ferdinand

*keeps straight face*
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 09:08
    Rickie Lambert - Southampton's Goal Machine
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 16:41
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Rickie Lambert - Southampton's Goal Machine
    It's a shame you won't be hanging on to him isn't it Dan?

😉
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    08 Apr '10 10:07
    Originally posted by blade68
    It's a shame you won't be hanging on to him isn't it Dan?

😉
    Lol... tell it to Nicola Cortese.. only the top four could afford him or Adam Lallana.

Rickie is loving it at Saints and is only 7 months into a 3 yr contract.. Adam Lallana is staying.. at least until Christmas. Adam will be the hot target from the Prem.

I think he's headed for scoring 30 + this season. His ability from 35m is fantastic.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 08:29
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Lol... tell it to Nicola Cortese.. only the top four could afford him or Adam Lallana.

Rickie is loving it at Saints and is only 7 months into a 3 yr contract.. Adam Lallana is staying.. at least until Christmas. Adam will be the hot target from the Prem.

I think he's headed for scoring 30 + this season. His ability from 35m is fantastic.
    Lallana looks like a good prospect, but will inevitably follow the same route as Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott etc... unfortunately that's the price you pay for being one of the smaller clubs. I don't mean that as a slight at Saints, as we too have a history of blooding youngsters and then having to sell them - Jagielka, Naughton, Walker etc...

Lambert is someone that I personally would've liked The Blades to sign from The Gas, but we have such an inadequate Manager at the moment he couldn't spot talent if someone posted it through his letter box.
    I wouldn't put too much faith in Lambert's contract though - it doesn't mean he'll stay at Saints for 3 years, it just means you can ask for more money for him!
  9. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '10 05:51
    Pele
    shortly to be replaced by Chicharito...
  10. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '10 09:24
    Can we really compare players from the 1970s to players from today?

The game has changed so much.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Apr '10 13:33
    Legend!
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2010/04/09/1871197/exclusive-portugal-legend-eusebio-calls-for-a-clean-clasico

(obviously not the best ever, but a legend all the same)
  12. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 05:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    [Schweinsteiger] plays for the soon to be champions of Europe, Bayern Munich (peace be upon them) 🙂
    1. Messi!!!!!
    2. Bayern, CL winners? Sure, could happen, but I'll happily take a wager with you on that!
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 07:09
    True.

I like Lambert for his assists, work ion the defence and aerial ability (not in Ron Davies calibre on that score but Rickie hits the ball harder and more accurately than I've seen for many years with enough turn to seriously frustrate any wall and goalie.

re managers Pards has an ego streak like many but is getting hard fought results as other falter. Glad they beat Charlton.. just need Colchester to lose and Udders to draw one and for us to continue to 78 and we're through to p/os.. easy to say eh..
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 15:28
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Can we really compare players from the 1970s to players from today?

The game has changed so much.
    I think the original question of the thread was who's the best playing today?
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 21:32
    In the 50s 60s and 70s there were clear world favourites.
    Today I think the world is smaller, there is more exposure for the players.
    People see their favourites every week and also see them make mistakes and have off days so in fairness it's really hard to choose today.
    For some a fabulous striker who beats defenders to make goals and has a brilliant first touch and turn. Maybe for some a solid reliable defender who distributes well, a fabulous goalie and others a player who is everywhere making goals and saving them too.
    Is the best defender or goalie better than the best striker or is being the best striker more glamorous?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree