1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 19:36
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Didn't OSU start the season by beating Texas in Texas?
    Yes they did. They will also be the first and only team in the history of college football to beat three #2 teams in one season.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 19:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Something like that. Pro scouts are saying he'll probably never play QB in the NFL and won't be drafted in the first round.
    All I can say is that politics have not helped him thus far on the field and nor will it help him on January 8 to beat Florida. So who cares about all of this talk about politcs and lets just see who can actually win games shall we?
  3. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 19:39
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Didn't OSU start the season by beating Texas in Texas?
    Yes they did. The non-conference games are usually home/away. The teams from the south don't say you come here and play but we won't go there and play in winter.

I can recall both Miami and Florida State playing in South Bend in November.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 19:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    All I can say is that politics have not helped him thus far on the field and nor will it help him on January 8 to beat Florida. So who cares about all of this talk about politcs and lets just see who can actually win games shall we?
    Dimwit, you're the one talking about "politics". What most helped Smith was McFadden breaking his collarbone; if he hadn't he would have ran for over 2000 yards and would have won the trophy. Also Quinn's disappointing performances in big games (I think he's overrated anyway and I'm a ND fan). Plus none of the eastern and midwestern sportswriters can bother to watch the games of the best quarterback in the country because they're usually played around midnight.

OSU's gonna have their hands full with a Gator team that played a brutal schedule week after week. I'm getting 7 and taking Florida; if you're smart (and you're not) you'd invest some of your cash in the same manner.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 20:10
    Dimwit, you're the one talking about "politics". What most helped Smith was McFadden breaking his collarbone; if he hadn't he would have ran for over 2000 yards and would have won the trophy. Also Quinn's disappointing performances in big games (I think he's overrated anyway and I'm a ND fan). Plus none of the eastern and midwestern sportswriters can bot ...[text shortened]... if you're smart (and you're not) you'd invest some of your cash in the same manner.
    We will see who the Dimwt is come January 8th.
  6. over there
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 21:06
    Check this box score out, kiddo:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/boxscore?gameId=200611250091

In case your mommy isn't there to read it for you, that's 33/48 for 434 yards and 3 TD's against the team that finished 4th in the Big Ten.
    Yes, Colt Brennan had all that against Purdue, 4th best team in the Big Ten, which is a sucky conference according to you. Hawaii never played anyone huge all year. Put them up against Ohio State , and they would get crushed.
  7. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 21:08
    Just curious, and I really do not know the answer to this, but does anyone know offhand which conference has the most teams in bowl games?
  8. over there
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 21:09
    Dimwit, you're the one talking about "politics". What most helped Smith was McFadden breaking his collarbone; if he hadn't he would have ran for over 2000 yards and would have won the trophy. Also Quinn's disappointing performances in big games (I think he's overrated anyway and I'm a ND fan). Plus none of the eastern and midwestern sportswriters can bot ...[text shortened]... if you're smart (and you're not) you'd invest some of your cash in the same manner.
    The Gators got lucky week after week. They beat Southern Carolina by 1 point, Tennessee by 1 point, and almost lost to Florida State. Arkansas had a bunch of opportunities to beat Florida as well, except they played like garbage. Florida had 14 points of Arkansas errors on the board!
  9. over there
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 21:09
    We will see who the Dimwt is come January 8th.
    I can't wait!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 04:59
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    I can't wait!
    You and me both. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Maurader, I just thought I would provide you with some more incentive to root against the Buckeys other than the fact that I am one of their biggest fans. It turns out coach Tressel and his players have been holding Christian rallies on campus no less. I guess now we know why they seem unbeatable, no?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 08:54
    You and me both. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Maurader, I just thought I would provide you with some more incentive to root against the Buckeys other than the fact that I am one of their biggest fans. It turns out coach Tressel and his players have been holding Christian rallies on campus no less. I guess now we know why they seem unbeatable, no?
    When they lose will you start worshipping Odin?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 08:57
    The Gators got lucky week after week. They beat Southern Carolina by 1 point, Tennessee by 1 point, and almost lost to Florida State. Arkansas had a bunch of opportunities to beat Florida as well, except they played like garbage. Florida had 14 points of Arkansas errors on the board!
    Michigan fans are soooooooooooooo pathetic; when other teams win great games they're "lucky", when their team loses there are complicated excuses. Grow up, Junior; if your heroes played the same schedule as Florida you would have lost at least 3 games.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 08:591 edit
    Yes, Colt Brennan had all that against Purdue, 4th best team in the Big Ten, which is a sucky conference according to you. Hawaii never played anyone huge all year. Put them up against Ohio State , and they would get crushed.
    He's better than any quarterback in the Big Ten is what I'm saying and by the time you get a sniff of a cheerleader's undergarments, Troy Smith will be forgotten and Colt Brennan will be in the NFL.

EDIT: Colt played Boise State which should be playing for the national championship and had a great game.
  14. over there
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 12:46
    Michigan fans are soooooooooooooo pathetic; when other teams win great games they're "lucky", when their team loses there are complicated excuses. Grow up, Junior; if your heroes played the same schedule as Florida you would have lost at least 3 games.
    A great game against Southern Carolina? They only won because the guy missed the game-winning field goal. Florida didn't win, South Carolina lost.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 17:40
    A great game against Southern Carolina? They only won because the guy missed the game-winning field goal. Florida didn't win, South Carolina lost.
    You might want to check up on the rules of football: If you wind up with more points than the other team, you win. Every single game a little pissant like you can come up with plays that the losing team made mistakes on - when there's a game where one team plays perfect, let me know.

South Carolina is a very good team that lost to 4 top fifteen teams by less than a touchdown, all on the road (though they had a tough loss to Georgia early). I'd say they'd beat Wisconsin and have a good shot against either Michigan or OSU.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree