1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 03:50
    Green Bay got jobbed by the referees.

They fail to call the push off on the receiver.
    They failed to correctly call the interception.

What a bunch of boneheads. The NFL is a laughingstock now.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 03:57
    The announcers can't believe the screw ups.

How can they botch the calls this badly?????

Seattle better thank their lucky stars for crappy referees.

A travesty.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 09:152 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The announcers can't believe the screw ups.

How can they botch the calls this badly?????

Seattle better thank their lucky stars for crappy referees.

A travesty.
    justice for all your dealings, karma gets you in the end
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 12:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    justice for all your dealings, karma gets you in the end
    What are you rambling on about?

Shouldn't you be tending to you sheep and goats?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 16:47
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Green Bay got jobbed by the referees.

They fail to call the push off on the receiver.
    They failed to correctly call the interception.

What a bunch of boneheads. The NFL is a laughingstock now.
    I'm not surprised they didn't call the push off; even the regular refs generally let those "Hail Marys" play out.

The call that Tate caught a ball that was firmly in Jennings' chest is a rather stunning one.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 17:06
    The NFL says the catch call was correct.http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/story/2012/09/25/nfl-admits-error-in-seahawks-packers-game-but--upholds-result/57840636/1
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 18:36
    I think the OPI should have been called but I'm also not surprised it was not. I think the call in the endzone is the correct one based on the rules.

I can't find anything in the rules that show tate didn't have possesion of the ball since he clearly had one hand on it in the air and both hands as they come down to the ground. Thus, the rule on mutual possession takes over. However, I would like to see a rule change on this because even though it helped my team today it might kill them tomorrow.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:12
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I think the OPI should have been called but I'm also not surprised it was not. I think the call in the endzone is the correct one based on the rules.

I can't find anything in the rules that show tate didn't have possesion of the ball since he clearly had one hand on it in the air and both hands as they come down to the ground. Thus, the rule on mutual p ...[text shortened]... rule change on this because even though it helped my team today it might kill them tomorrow.
    From the link I gave:

And Item 5 of the same rule that states, "If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers"
    However, Item 5 also includes a sentence that would seem damning to the argument it was a touchdown and support the case for an interception: "It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control."
    Replays clearly seems to show Jennings had the ball in both hands and Tate then gained simultaneous possession.

Tate admitted as much. The refs blew the call.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:222 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    From the link I gave:

And Item 5 of the same rule that states, "If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers"
    However, Item 5 also includes a sentence that would seem damning to the argument it was a touchdown and support the case for an interception: [b]"It is n ...[text shortened]... ultaneous possession.

Tate admitted as much. The refs blew the call.
    [/b]
    YouTube

skip to 1:15 for the best angle. They both clearly catch the ball.

And whats more, it appears that tate barely even touches the guy on the apparent "push off" but it is in slow mo so its hard to tell.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:301 edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsK1MnAvrPI

skip to 1:15 for the best angle. They both clearly catch the ball.

And whats more, it appears that tate barely even touches the guy on the apparent "push off" but it is in slow mo so its hard to tell.
    LMAO! There's no hope for a homer like you. Jennings has the ball chested by 1:06.
  11. Standard memberjohnyg
    Metallica is weak
    better then here!
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:32
    The refs have been horrible so far this year.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:321 edit
    LMAO! There's no hope for a homer like you.
    You didn't even watch it. I can tell.

Edit: The dispute here is that everybody believes that jennings caught the ball before tate even touches it... if you watch you will see that they catch it at the same time... simple.

If this had been the other way around this play would be in the news just as much... as the #1 top play in week 3.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:34
    I've watched the play over and over again. Like 99.9% of commentators, I saw a clear interception and a blown call.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:361 edit
    I've watched the play over and over again. Like 99.9% of commentators, I saw a clear interception and a blown call.
    No you are a sheep that would agree with them whatever they say. If it was GB that made that play everybody would be touting it as a MNF miracle and a top play.

Also, everybody says that the ref waving off the play had the better view... that is another falsehood all he could see was the back of jennings helmet.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:43

Edit: The dispute here is that everybody believes that jennings caught the ball before tate even touches it... if you watch you will see that they catch it at the same time... simple.

If this had been the other way around this play would be in the news just as much... as the #1 top play in week 3.
    You're full of crap. Jennings out-leaps Tate and has the ball in his hands well before Tate. Then he chests it.

I have no dog in this hunt, but only the most blatant homer would claim that wasn't a pick. And even the NFL acknowledged the obvious push off that knocked Shields to the ground.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree