1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 00:03
    Now Brady has an injured knee to go with his foot ailment. I have already heard cries of "foul play" from Patriot nation, although the hit looked clean to the rest of the world. Now we will see what Cassel Magic is all about.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 00:59
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Now Brady has an injured knee to go with his foot ailment. I have already heard cries of "foul play" from Patriot nation, although the hit looked clean to the rest of the world. Now we will see what Cassel Magic is all about.
    The defensive player can't make contact with a quarterback at or below the knee (unless blocked into the quarterback by an offensive player). The hit looked to be below the knee. I only saw a partial highlight so wasn't able to tell if the defender was blocked into Brady. Was he?
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 01:11
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The defensive player can't make contact with a quarterback at or below the knee (unless blocked into the quarterback by an offensive player). The hit looked to be below the knee. I only saw a partial highlight so wasn't able to tell if the defender was blocked into Brady. Was he?
    Well the play was reviewed and it was also shown on NFL gameday and everyone agreed it was a legal play and there was no foul play, so you tell me.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 01:252 edits
    Well the play was reviewed and it was also shown on NFL gameday and everyone agreed it was a legal play and there was no foul play, so you tell me.
    I don't know, that's why I was asking.

The play was reviewed by whom? Unless things recently changed, the officials wouldn't use replay to look for a penalty.

As for NFL Gameday, I've listened to enough "expert" announcers to take pretty much everything they say with a grain of salt. Like I have no idea why Mark May had a problem with the officials calling an unsportsmanlike penalty in the Washington / BYU game.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 01:36
    I don't know, that's why I was asking.

The play was reviewed by whom? Unless things recently changed, the officials wouldn't use replay to look for a penalty.

As for NFL Gameday, I've listened to enough "expert" announcers to take pretty much everything they say with a grain of salt. Like I have no idea why Mark May had a problem with the officials calling an unsportsmanlike penalty in the Washington / BYU game.
    Go to espn.com and you can see the photo of the hit. It is posted on their cover page.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 01:511 edit
    Go to espn.com and you can see the photo of the hit. It is posted on their cover page.
    I found this:
    YouTube

Looks to be "at" the knee or perhaps very slightly above. It's difficult to tell exactly where the contact point is. It didn't look like the defender was intentionally trying to hurt Brady, but perhaps a penalty should have been called.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 01:58
    From what I heard on the radio this evening, Brady is out for the season with an ACL.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 02:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    From what I heard on the radio this evening, Brady is out for the season with an ACL.
    That is the report I heard as well. Cassel is the QB for the rest of the season, barring a trade.
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    That's brilliant of you. See thread "Brady season over."
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 07:07
    He definitely made contact below the knee or at least right at the knee. Whether it was a legal hit is one thing but whether it was a dirty play is another. It was certainly not a dirty play, the defender was just going after the quarterback like he's supposed to do. Everything happens so fast that he didn't have time to think about purposely injuring Brady.
  11. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 23:54
    I actually heard Chiefs fans crowing about how it was a dirty play and that Brady deserved it. Tom Brady is Captain America, and to injure Tom Brady is to injure America!
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 03:08
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    He definitely made contact below the knee or at least right at the knee. Whether it was a legal hit is one thing but whether it was a dirty play is another. It was certainly not a dirty play, the defender was just going after the quarterback like he's supposed to do. Everything happens so fast that he didn't have time to think about purposely injuring Brady.
    The guy that hit Brady was already on the ground when he hit him. Give me a break!! The excuses are already beginning. Unreal. The hit was legit...get over it!!
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 04:20
    The guy that hit Brady was already on the ground when he hit him. Give me a break!! The excuses are already beginning. Unreal. The hit was legit...get over it!!
    I didn't say it was and I didn't say it wasn't a legal hit, all I said was whether it's a legal hit is one thing but wheter it was a dirty play is another. I was just distinguishing that there is a difference between an illegal hit and a dirty hit/play.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 04:36
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    I didn't say it was and I didn't say it wasn't a legal hit, all I said was whether it's a legal hit is one thing but wheter it was a dirty play is another. I was just distinguishing that there is a difference between an illegal hit and a dirty hit/play.
    Are you saying it was a dirty play?? That is even more ludicrous!! Brady was scrambling and he was live. The defender was on the ground after sustaining a block against him, and he didn't give up the pursuit. I am so sick of people whining because their guy got hurt. Brady is not a god, contrary to New Englanders think. peyton Manning is hurt, Vince Young got hurt, Brady Coyle got hurt. QB is not a position that is injury free. The Pats are just moaning because the last time Cassel started a game was in High School.
  15. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 20:42
    Are you saying it was a dirty play?? That is even more ludicrous!! Brady was scrambling and he was live. The defender was on the ground after sustaining a block against him, and he didn't give up the pursuit. I am so sick of people whining because their guy got hurt. Brady is not a god, contrary to New Englanders think. peyton Manning is hurt, Vince You ...[text shortened]... free. The Pats are just moaning because the last time Cassel started a game was in High School.
    If you were paying attention you would see that in my first post I already stated that the play was CERTAINLY NOT A DIRTY PLAY. And I am not a Patriots fan or a Brady lover as you claim, I am quite the contrary. I am a Titans fan seeing as how I"m from Tennessee and have mixed feelings on Young's injury. Personally I think it may be for the best for now since he will have time to sit and watch a vet and maybe learn a few things.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree