1. Middlesbrough
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 10:31
    Originally posted by blade68
    According to reports in todays papers... apparently our Chairman has been told by a Premiership representative, that if WHU are found to have broken any rules or regulations, we will be re-instated back to The Premiership...

... He who laughs last and all that...
    dont believe a word of what them buffoons tell you..were still bitter about the blackburn fiasco,remember F.A. representive told Boro no problem the game can be cancelled...then what...we get docked 3pts and relegated(mind that was down to playing crap all year but still)Blade dont trust em...and we stand by you lot,good luck
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 10:45
    You're just boring me now... and unlike yourself, I refuse to keep repeating the same thing over and over again.
    I've made my point.

I just pray to God that WHU are proven guilty, we're re-instated to The Prem, and you'll be made to eat all the diatribe you've been spouting.
    well, you've made your point and i do respect that, you're just sticking with your team as i'm sticking with mine...

i think though - if you can look at it from outside the box - that it would be a shame if we exchanged places as whu still did - regardless of who played - virtually the impossible to stay up. i think you have to give whu credit for that whatever the outcome.

trying to view it from a netrual position, i would still say if sufc took the game against wigan a little more seriously they could have avoided all this; you have to admit you were in the best position out of the three teams to stay up
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 11:23
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    im just confused to the point you are trying to make?!?!?!

whu broke the rules and that is not in question but the powers have punished them with a 5.5 mil fine. they are in the positions they are because thats what they know. do you know the ins and outs of the rules and regs?.

SU were not complaining about the punishment before they went down?! ...[text shortened]... r have to accept this situation and cheer you team untill they get back to the prem. IF that is.
    The 3rd rate club comment was aimed at the pig fan from S6.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 11:26
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    well, you've made your point and i do respect that, you're just sticking with your team as i'm sticking with mine...

i think though - if you can look at it from outside the box - that it would be a shame if we exchanged places as whu still did - regardless of who played - virtually the impossible to stay up. i think you have to give whu credit for tha ...[text shortened]... d all this; you have to admit you were in the best position out of the three teams to stay up
    WHU did well to accumulate the points they did, but they were accumulated with the help of an illegible player. Take Tevez out of the equation and you wouldn't have done nearly as well.

Yes, you're right, going in to the final game we were in the best position. I'm not disputing that.
  5. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 14:18
    WHU did well to accumulate the points they did, but they were accumulated with the help of an illegible player. Take Tevez out of the equation and you wouldn't have done nearly as well.

Yes, you're right, going in to the final game we were in the best position. I'm not disputing that.
    i don't dislike sufc; i know your chairman was saying there is a strong possibility your team will be reinstated as an additional team in the epl, as opposed to whu and sufc swapping places; this could well work and probably is the best solution to the problem - keeping both teams happy - though man u and chelsea wont be too happy i'm sure playing more games... i can't wish you all the best of course cause if affects my team, but i think we can both agree the epl have cocked up along the line; whu made a mistake yet it was the epl that fined us, we paid and that was that as far as we were concerned; if they had docked us points then we would have had to accept that but they never... it doesnt look too good on them if they now backtrack
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 16:04
    i don't dislike sufc; i know your chairman was saying there is a strong possibility your team will be reinstated as an additional team in the epl, as opposed to whu and sufc swapping places; this could well work and probably is the best solution to the problem - keeping both teams happy - though man u and chelsea wont be too happy i'm sure playing more g ...[text shortened]... ve had to accept that but they never... it doesnt look too good on them if they now backtrack
    They're never gonna backtrack in a million years, otherwise like I said earlier, they would have to dock liverpool points as well. The reports actally say that the players were elegible, even though its not as straightforward as that.
    On another note I hate sufc with a passion, and have no sympathy whatsoever for the whinging gits.
  7. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 16:07
    i don't dislike sufc; i know your chairman was saying there is a strong possibility your team will be reinstated as an additional team in the epl, as opposed to whu and sufc swapping places; this could well work and probably is the best solution to the problem - keeping both teams happy - though man u and chelsea wont be too happy i'm sure playing more g ...[text shortened]... ve had to accept that but they never... it doesnt look too good on them if they now backtrack
    have to agree. you got your fine and that is that. i dont think you should be docked points. did the signings do that much anyway? i dont think that sufc were good enough and cant quite understand why you would want more teams in the prem to keep everyone happy? epl are the boss and they are not there to keep everyone happy they are there to dish out the dirt. wh got what the epl thought was right. sufc just need to get on with the season. at least being in the championship they have a chance of some silverware.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 11:48
    Originally posted by fizzz24
    They're never gonna backtrack in a million years, otherwise like I said earlier, they would have to dock liverpool points as well. The reports actally say that the players were elegible, even though its not as straightforward as that.
    On another note I hate sufc with a passion, and have no sympathy whatsoever for the whinging gits.
    Personally I don't think they'll back track either.

On another note... you're just a jealous nob.
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 13:17
    Originally posted by fizzz24
    They're never gonna backtrack in a million years, otherwise like I said earlier, they would have to dock liverpool points as well.
    Why exactly would they "have to dock Liverpool points as well"?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 15:25
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Why exactly would they "have to dock Liverpool points as well"?
    Because it wasn't only Tevez involved, mascherono was also involved, and he was sold to liverpool, so they have an advantage as well...
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 15:28
    Personally I don't think they'll back track either.

On another note... you're just a jealous nob.
    heh heh!!!
    Jealous of what excactly? A club that will live in wednesdays shadow forever..........don't think so
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 07:38
    Originally posted by tawnyowl
    Because it wasn't only Tevez involved, mascherono was also involved, and he was sold to liverpool, so they have an advantage as well...
    FFS listen carefully

Mascherano and Tevez were not owned solely by West Ham when they (signed) agreed to play for them. This made them ineligible under PL rules and fielding ineligible players warrants a points deduction. The PL messed up and now they've brought this situation on themselves. I feel sorry for West Ham and Sheffield Utd.

However, Mascherano signed for Liverpool legitimately from his owners. Unlike at West Ham, LFC and not some dodgy company own Mascherano. The fee was undisclosed to avoid West Ham more embarrasment. i.e. they got very little because they didn't own him! The transfer was scrutinised and agreed by UEFA beforehand, and Mascherano was given approval to play for LFC.

Please explain why you think this would this result in a points deduction?
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 08:43
    Angry Boy,

Don't even bother trying to argue with the muppet... he's a wind up merchant.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 10:45
    Technically it's just a paperwork problem and if a rule has been broken then those rules will have to be applied.
    Other than that it is futile to be happy about being reinstated to the Premiership when they weren't good enough to stay there on their own footballing merits.
    If i was a blades fan i'd be praying to but in reality the football on the pitch is the determining factor.
    This isn't having a pop at you,it's just sour grapes and as previously pointed out in this thread, Tevez played against you with no complaint from Sheff Utd at the time.
    Good luck to you in the meantime.
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 20:25
    Nice one.

The point about being good enough grates a bit though.
    My feeling is that WHU weren't good enough without an illegible player scoring goals for them.... take his goals away 'cos he shouldn't have been on the pitch and West Ham were down, not us.

We played by the rules, they didn't. it's simple.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree