1. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 11:11
    Anybody have any advice in preventing blisters? My new running shoes won't let up breaking my skin, I've tried surgical tape and cotton wool which is OK but hasn't stopped the problem.
  2. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    22 Apr '07 01:10
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Anybody have any advice in preventing blisters? My new running shoes won't let up breaking my skin, I've tried surgical tape and cotton wool which is OK but hasn't stopped the problem.
    Wear 2 pairs of socks. I play alot of football and blisters are always a problem, but if you wear a thin pair of tight cotton socks under your running socks it stops the shoe rubbing against the skin.
  3. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    22 Apr '07 10:58
    I'd get new shoes.
  4. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '07 11:22
    Talcum powder
  5. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 15:45
    Running SHOES - do you jog out the door to meet the postman before going inside to eat duck and swan for dinner, you then take of those blessed shoes and put on a pair of sandals and walk down to the butlers house and give him your tidings
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:59
    Double layer socks (1000 mile socks)

Rub paraffin type stuff into the feet regularly (when not blistered) to toughen the skin. I've read of MDS runners swear by moisturising the feet daily to keep the skin supple - not sure if one option is better than the other.

When suffering blisters use Compeed patches to help healing. Compeed also have a product called Blister glide (or something similar - I only read about it yesterday) which is like vaseline and helps your feet not stick to the places they're rubbing.

If it's new trainers and only one spot (e.g. Stitching on the inner side logo rubbing into the arch of your foot) get a bar of standard soap and rub the offending area of the trainer with it lots. Repeat daily - will soften the area and help avoid blisters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree