1. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 01:17
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What a horses ass. I give credit to Howard Stern this morning for playing an uncensored obscenity filled tirade full of threats of violence toward his players. And that was old news. He slapped a player in the face yesterday and in classic fashion his school defended him. Shame on Texas Tech.
    I saw the tape and he didn't slap the kid.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 01:34
    Originally posted by slimjim
    I saw the tape and he didn't slap the kid.
    I know it was a Bobby Knight "love tap."
  3. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 13:25
    I know it was a Bobby Knight "love tap."
    What do you think would happen if a Black coach slapped a White player in the face? Bobby Knight should be fired and he should have been fired a long time ago! you dont put your hands on players if it was my son he hit he would have to deal with me.
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 19:08
    Originally posted by richfeet
    What do you think would happen if a Black coach slapped a White player in the face? Bobby Knight should be fired and he should have been fired a long time ago! you dont put your hands on players if it was my son he hit he would have to deal with me.
    If it was your son and it wasn't, it was just a tap on the chin to get the kid to look him in the face! The kids parents, teammates and school all agreed Knight did nothing wrong!
  5. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 19:09
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    If it was your son and it wasn't, it was just a tap on the chin to get the kid to look him in the face! The kids parents, teammates and school all agreed Knight did nothing wrong!
    P.S. The kid also agreed Knight did nothing wrong! So why blow this out of proportion, it is just because it is Bobby Knight! Any other coach would have gotten away with it!
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 20:30
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    P.S. The kid also agreed Knight did nothing wrong! So why blow this out of proportion, it is just because it is Bobby Knight! Any other coach would have gotten away with it!
    Well, there's one thing you are right about. It is because it is Bobby Knight that it is getting all the attention. Bobby Knight has a history of inappropiate abuse. Do you dispute that?

You keep going back to what the kid and the players said. That is really like asking young children in a home if their alcoholic abusive daddy loves them. They will always say yes out of fear. If this is what he shows to the world, can you imagine what he does when there are no cameras around?
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 07:05
    Well, there's one thing you are right about. It is because it is Bobby Knight that it is getting all the attention. Bobby Knight has a history of inappropiate abuse. Do you dispute that?

You keep going back to what the kid and the players said. That is really like asking young children in a home if their alcoholic abusive daddy loves them. They wi ...[text shortened]... s is what he shows to the world, can you imagine what he does when there are no cameras around?
    Kirksey, I have to agree with you that it isn't right in a family situation, and it doesn't look right at a game either. These players truely do love there coach for what he brings out in them however. I really do believe that, I was an athelete as well and I understand what was happining. An athelete can get down on themselves at times and lose focus and get bogged down. He was trying to light a fire under him and get him a little angry to create some extra adriniline. Believe me if it didn't work Coaches would all be sweet like a baby kissing politicians. Coach Knight knows his players and he treats them different at different times. He is also calming to players when they are too agressive as well. You don't hear his players or ex Bobby Knight Players say Bobby Knight is a bad Coach and too abusive. They all say give me all you've got Coach. And Coach Night does just that. I can guarentee you if the problem was with some of his other players they will get with it now for sure. And he won't have to do anything but look at them. Bobby Knight is a showman, he sells tickets.
  8. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 15:32
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Kirksey, I have to agree with you that it isn't right in a family situation, and it doesn't look right at a game either. These players truely do love there coach for what he brings out in them however. I really do believe that, I was an athelete as well and I understand what was happining. An athelete can get down on themselves at times and lose focus a ...[text shortened]... e won't have to do anything but look at them. Bobby Knight is a showman, he sells tickets.
    Well stated, bravo! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree