1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 21:06
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]People who don't follow sports miss a lot, I think.
    Yep, especially all the ambiguity.

One thing is clear, however, and that is that Boise State was undefeated. 'Nuff said.[/b]
    One thing is clear, however, and that is that Boise State was almost untested.
  2. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 21:14
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    One thing is clear, however, and that is that Boise State was almost untested.
    They played all the games they were asked to play, and won all the games they played. And, in the course of doing that, played and won the best football game of the year.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 21:17
    Originally posted by Delmer
    They played all the games they were asked to play, and won all the games they played. And, in the course of doing that, played and won the best football game of the year.
    ...and they became one of the best arguments for a playoff system, though it's hard to imagine one that would have included them.

I hope they get a great recruiting class and get into the top ten again soon.

Hawaii also deserves more credit.
  4. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 21:23
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    ...and they became one of the best arguments for a playoff system, though it's hard to imagine one that would have included them.

I hope they get a great recruiting class and get into the top ten again soon.

Hawaii also deserves more credit.
    Hawaii does deserve more credit. We hardly hear anything about Hawaiian sports in this part of the country. I have a feeling that just the physical distance Hawaii is from the mainland will keep them from ever getting proper credit, plus the fact that no one automatically thinks of Hawaii as a place where they play football.
  5. over there
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 22:56
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Are you guys sitting down?

The final AP poll just came out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AsCZz.qOduuf0dmpaqzk0hccvrYF?slug=ap-t25-collegefbpoll&prov=ap&type=lgns

1. Florida
    2. Ohio State
    3. LSU
    4. USC
    5. BOISE STATE
    6. Louisville
    7. Wisconsin
    8. Michigan
    9. Auburn
    10. West Virginia
    11. Oklahoma
    12. Rutgers
    13. Texas
    14. Cal ...[text shortened]...
    4. USC
    5. Wisconsin
    6. Boise State
    7. Louisville
    8. Auburn
    9. Michigan
    10. West Virginia
    I just noticed this. Louisville's ranking went down!? I believe they are the best team in the country, probably better than Florida.
  6. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 00:042 edits
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    I just noticed this. Louisville's ranking went down!? I believe they are the best team in the country, probably better than Florida.
    Regardless of what you have against Florida, the Gators are better than Louisville. The Big East has come a long, long way the last couple of years, and it sent 5 teams to bowl games this season (going 5-0), but there's a difference between going 12-1 in the Big East and going 13-1 in the SEC.

The Cardinals might have given the Gators a better game than Ohio State did (wouldn't take much), but Florida is better.

Rutgers, down 25-7 against Louisville in week 9, completely shut them out in the 2nd half and won 28-25. At that time, RU was ranked 15th and Louisville 3rd. That was, of course, Louisville's only loss, having beaten then #3 West Virginia the week before the RU game (which could have contributed to the loss, but not as much as some might think, as Louisville built a 25-7 lead).

Rutgers had a great, great (but somewhat undersized) defense this year...and I'm a Rutgers grad... but I don't see RU doing that to Florida, even if they played the Gators at home (as they did with Louisville). I think the polls, both of which had RU 12th in the final rankings, had the Scarlet Knights pegged just about where they should be.

I think the Gators are the best team in the country, and they play in the strongest conference in the country. Louisville has an outstanding team, and I'd love to see Louisville play Boise State... not for the national championship, but it would be a fun game to watch!
  7. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 00:12
    That's what you siad about OSU last week when I told you Florida would kick that behind.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 00:22
    The only way Louisville wouldn't have went down is if you denied either USC or Boise State or Ohio State a place in the top 5. Florida was going to be #1 and LSU was 4th to begin with and crushed Notre Dame in a far more impressive display than Louisville's tough win over Wake Forest.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 01:38
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Hawaii does deserve more credit. We hardly hear anything about Hawaiian sports in this part of the country. I have a feeling that just the physical distance Hawaii is from the mainland will keep them from ever getting proper credit, plus the fact that no one automatically thinks of Hawaii as a place where they play football.
    plus the fact that no one automatically thinks of Hawaii as a place where they play football.
    Unless, of course, one is thinking of the All-Star Game.
  10. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 01:41
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]plus the fact that no one automatically thinks of Hawaii as a place where they play football.
    Unless, of course, one is thinking of the All-Star Game.[/b]
    Your thinking of the Pro-Bowl. Football doesn't have an All-Star game.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 01:55
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    I knew I was thinking of something with balls.
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 01:57
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    The devil's in the details.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree