Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 02 Jan '07 05:52
    Boise State beats Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and finishes the 2006 season undefeated. How 'bout them Broncos!!!
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    02 Jan '07 06:06 / 2 edits
    Let the eating of crow begin. http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=56919&page=1

    The greatest college game of the year beyond question. Boise State scores with 7 seconds to go on a hook and ladder (on a 4th and 18!!!) AND then wins the game in overtime on a 2 point conversion on a Statute of Liberty play! Utterly amazing!

    EDIT: I'm sitting here saying "WOW!" for the last 15 minutes.
  3. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    02 Jan '07 06:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Let the eating of crow begin. http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=56919&page=1

    The greatest college game of the year beyond question. Boise State scores with 7 seconds to go on a hook and ladder (on a 4th and 18!!!) AND then wins the game in overtime on a 2 point conversion on a Statute of Liberty play! Utterly amazing!

    EDIT: I'm sitting here saying "WOW!" for the last 15 minutes.
    I just finished rewatching the last 2min of regulation and the OT on Tivo. I'm still shocked. This is going down in the archives as a classic.

    Talk about guts.
  4. 02 Jan '07 12:15 / 2 edits
    Incredible game! The players on the Broncos sideline looked so stunned after the Sooners ran that INT back for a TD with about 1:02 left to take the lead.

    Then the Sooners had the three attempts at the 2 pt conversion, first with a pass interference penalty, then an illegal shift penalty on OK, and then finally finding the receiver between 3 or 4 defenders in the end zone...

    Then the Broncos score on a 4th and 18 from the 50 on a lateral with 6 secons left!

    And then, in OT, the Broncos score on a 4th and 2 from the 5, you gotta love the gutsy call to go for two right then and there. And what a way to win it, especially after Peterson scored on OK's first play in OT...

    Best game of the season, and congratulations to Boise State for running the table, and for doing what most people thought they couldn't. Awesome
  5. 02 Jan '07 12:16
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    Boise State beats Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and finishes the 2006 season undefeated. How 'bout them Broncos!!!
    I can't believe it! I expected Boise State to get murdered! I guess they were the real deal after all.
  6. 02 Jan '07 14:07
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    I can't believe it! I expected Boise State to get murdered! I guess they were the real deal after all.
    Yes but do you or any one else think they should be playing on January 8th?
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    02 Jan '07 14:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes but do you or any one else think they should be playing on January 8th?
    Let's see - there are two undefeated teams in Division I; who should be playing January 8th?
  8. 02 Jan '07 14:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes but do you or any one else think they should be playing on January 8th?
    I think there should be a Division I playoff. I think the BCS is lame. They do it in Div II and Div IAA. The BCS makes it impossible for a Cinderella to win it all.
  9. 02 Jan '07 15:01
    I can't believe I missed this game.
  10. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    02 Jan '07 15:17
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    I think there should be a Division I playoff. I think the BCS is lame. They do it in Div II and Div IAA. The BCS makes it impossible for a Cinderella to win it all.
    Not if the Cinderella is from the east coast.

    The BCS (and all polls) will always undervalue teams in the Western and Mountain time zones.
  11. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    02 Jan '07 16:16
    Very exciting game. You gotta love it when a team pulls out the gadget plays. Reminds me of when I was a kid on the playground.

    College football could use a little more razzle-dazzle. We would probably get that if we had a tourney.
  12. 02 Jan '07 17:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes but do you or any one else think they should be playing on January 8th?
    I think they deserve it more than Florida. Same with Louisville.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    02 Jan '07 17:17
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I can't believe I missed this game.
    Loser.
  14. 02 Jan '07 21:13
    Great game! If OSU loses then Boise State should be ranked Number One. They're already Number One in my opinion. And if OSU wins, then Boise State should be ranked Number Two. Won't happen, of course, but it should.
  15. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    02 Jan '07 21:20
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Great game! If OSU loses then Boise State should be ranked Number One. They're already Number One in my opinion. And if OSU wins, then Boise State should be ranked Number Two. Won't happen, of course, but it should.
    Regardless of who wins #1, it is clear that USC should get #3. Putting Boise State at #3, however, seems merited.