1. In your face
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 20:32
    Does anyone hate the bookies as much as me right now? I rarely gamble but today I thought that I'd take advantage of some free offers online.

😞
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 20:53
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Does anyone hate the bookies as much as me right now? I rarely gamble but today I thought that I'd take advantage of some free offers online.

😞
    what offers?

i usually wait 10 matches or so into the season before making bets...

who did you do?
  3. In your face
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 21:151 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    what offers?

i usually wait 10 matches or so into the season before making bets...

who did you do?
    I backed Sporting Lisbon as they were 4/11. I was after easy odds just to get a free £50 matched bet. They went 0:1 down so I used my free matched bet from Paddy Power to back the draw. 80 minutes were on the clock and still 0:1 down. Lisbon have equalised now but still wating for official confirmation of result. I also backed Seattle at 4/6. Still no score and into the second half.

Good shout with waiting until a few fixtures have gone by, to assess form. I'm just so bloody impetuous though.

EDIT: Lisbon just about nicked it. Seattle are still yet to score.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 00:03
    I backed Sporting Lisbon as they were 4/11. I was after easy odds just to get a free £50 matched bet. They went 0:1 down so I used my free matched bet from Paddy Power to back the draw. 80 minutes were on the clock and still 0:1 down. Lisbon have equalised now but still wating for official confirmation of result. I also backed Seattle at 4/6. Still no scor ...[text shortened]... bloody impetuous though.

EDIT: Lisbon just about nicked it. Seattle are still yet to score.
    early season results are funny, very hard to predict.

thought fulham would do better today considering it's their 7th match of the season...

did you end up winning anything?
  5. In your face
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 08:502 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    early season results are funny, very hard to predict.

thought fulham would do better today considering it's their 7th match of the season...

did you end up winning anything?
    Well I've scraped £80 back from £100 staked and have a free £50 and £25 bet to make up the short fall and maybe even make a profit. Only problem is, you don't get the stake back on the free bet, just the winnings, so if you back really short odds you make next to nothing. I think I'll just stick the bets on two favourites in a horse race today. Should get reasonable returns and a reasonable chance of winning. Looks like my free bets have turned out to be just that though, and nothing more. I made over £100 out of it last year. Just thought I'd try my luck again with a different bank card.

EDIT: I've decided to stick it my Ladbrokes £50 free bet on Chong Wei Lee in the world badminton championship. This is truly a two horse race, unlike footlball and rugby where there are actually three outcomes. I've done this with tennis in the past but there is a relatively high percentage of tennis players retiring from matches which screws everything up. Not so many badminton players retiring. What would be ideal is a team sport (if someone gets injured they can be substituted) where there has to be a winner. Basketball or anything American perhaps. I don't know an awful lot about American sports though
  6. In your face
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 18:41
    Well I've scraped £80 back from £100 staked and have a free £50 and £25 bet to make up the short fall and maybe even make a profit. Only problem is, you don't get the stake back on the free bet, just the winnings, so if you back really short odds you make next to nothing. I think I'll just stick the bets on two favourites in a horse race today. Should get ...[text shortened]... ball or anything American perhaps. I don't know an awful lot about American sports though
    😞
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 17:27
    😞
    bad news?

you should've backed the chinese pair against the english... always value in backing against anything playing an english team.

like udinese 12/5 to beat arsenal over two legs.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 19:101 edit

😞
    Was one of the offers great odds on the arsenal to win the league?
  9. In your face
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 19:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Was one of the offers great odds on the arsenal to win the league?
    Hi there. Nope. The offers were all matched bets. ie. you place a bet and they give you a free bet to the same value. Only catch is, if all your bets lose then you don't win a thing!
    I got lucky and I'm actually £10 up on the whole deal. Should have been a lot more but I backed 3 favourites which all lost at 4/6, 4/7 and 4/11. Ah well. No more for me now, no more spare bank cards and addresses to use. (Offer is one per person, household, per bank account, per address, per IP address, per local network etceteraaaaaaaaa).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree