2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 13:34
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    its wet start

watch out for vettel - hes good in the wet
    he ran extremely well today - he seems to have great control of that red bull in the wet. definately drive of the day in my view.

vettel & webber make it look like the red bull was almost built for the wet (an extremely well disguised boat perhaps??). I bet they will be praying for rain every race now lol - just goes to show that the diffuser design and KERS are not much of an advantage in the wet.

Brawn GP did well again and have still got a good advantage in both the driver's and contsructor's championships. will be good to see how this changes in the coming races, as the other teams redesign the backend to get the most of the diffuser.

it was good to see the maclarens making headway this weekend - although the ferrari's still sucked 😞

Glock and Buremi both did very well to pick up the remaining points in what must have been an extremely difficult race.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 13:52
    Originally posted by MCA
    he ran extremely well today - he seems to have great control of that red bull in the wet. definately drive of the day in my view.

vettel & webber make it look like the red bull was almost built for the wet (an extremely well disguised boat perhaps??). I bet they will be praying for rain every race now lol - just goes to show that the diffuser design and KERS ...[text shortened]... very well to pick up the remaining points in what must have been an extremely difficult race.
    if i was renault i would try to get buermi signed up and ditch piquet - he really needs to go.
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 18:40
    if i was renault i would try to get buermi signed up and ditch piquet - he really needs to go.
    hell yeah i gotta agree - buemi did a mighty job today, the red bull strikes again lol

i cant see piquet seeing out the year to be honest - Flavio wont put up with that kind of performance for very long
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 19:10
    Originally posted by MCA
    hell yeah i gotta agree - buemi did a mighty job today, the red bull strikes again lol

i cant see piquet seeing out the year to be honest - Flavio wont put up with that kind of performance for very long
    how he survived last year is beyond me

my only reason is:

no one else would drive with alonso?
  6. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 22:10
    no one else would drive with alonso?
    sounds like a perfectly valid reason to me lol

its either that or someone lost a bet with Nelson Snr. back in the day and are having to keep him on as payment to the bet lol
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 20:29
    oh god

trulli on pole

sunday will be a trulli express 😴😴😴😴😴

webber might as well not bother tomorrow after getting his race destroyed

best start for piquet 15th...
  8. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 21:421 edit
    oh god

trulli on pole

sunday will be a trulli express 😴😴😴😴😴

webber might as well not bother tomorrow after getting his race destroyed

best start for piquet 15th...
    yeah trulli has pole but he is a little light from the look of the weights, so we may see a fight after the first stops.

1. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 648.5 kg
    2. Timo Glock, Toyota, 643
    3. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 659
    4. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 652.5
    5. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 652.5
    6. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 649
    7. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 650.5
    8. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 664.5
    9. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 670.5
    10. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 671.5

Vettel seems to be in a strong position with a decent amount of fuel. I think he might pull something out of the bag again tmrw.

shame about webber - hopefully he can load up on fuel and try for a 1 stop all out bonanza to get some points. [edit]I see that Sutil has been demoted three places for it too[/edit]

lol i thought of you when i saw piquet finish in 15th - least he made it to Q2 i suppose
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 22:08
    Originally posted by MCA
    yeah trulli has pole but he is a little light from the look of the weights, so we may see a fight after the first stops.

1. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 648.5 kg
    2. Timo Glock, Toyota, 643
    3. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 659
    4. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 652.5
    5. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 652.5
    6. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 649
    7. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 650. ...[text shortened]... nts.

lol i thought of you when i saw piquet finish in 15th - least he made it to Q2 i suppose
    this is becoming the mca/silverstriker thread i think 🙂

tomorrow should be fun - i think it will be a test of vettel - he has the reputation of a "wet racer" but he might be able to shake that off tomorrow 🙂 although i would love toyota to get their first win in Formula 1 (with glock or trulli both are good guys)

kovilan in the mcclaren could be a surprise starting from 11th and the mcclaren is getting better.

about piquet i know have a theory - i think his dad paid sutil lots of money to make sure that he blocked webber and then to get penalised just to make sure that his boy got into q2 LOL. Also the camera was looking at the test driver a lot in qualifying - the vultures are out.

My other driver i seem to be targeting came last in qualifing - bourdais - he probably hopes that piquet stays because with nelson about bourdais doesn't seem to be such a mobile chichane 🙂
  10. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 22:25
    this is becoming the mca/silverstriker thread i think 🙂

tomorrow should be fun - i think it will be a test of vettel - he has the reputation of a "wet racer" but he might be able to shake that off tomorrow 🙂 although i would love toyota to get their first win in Formula 1 (with glock or trulli both are good guys)

kovilan in the mcclaren could ...[text shortened]... piquet stays because with nelson about bourdais doesn't seem to be such a mobile chichane 🙂
    looks like it is just us, maybe if we keep it up we might get some other join in lol

Vettel has about 4 laps on trulli according to the weights so if he can just keep in touch with him through the 1st phase he might do well.

it would be good to see Toyota get their first win - always good to see the underdogs bring thier all and get some rewards

im not sure about the maclaren, it seems better than it was at first race but its not what we expect from the team who WON last year!! - a long way to go for them i think

you might be right about sutil and piquet lol - but you are definately right about the vultures being out, so whats the bets?? 1 race? 2 races? i cant see him making 3 unless he manages something serious tmrw (or next race IF he even gets the chance)

Bourdais is struggling too but at least he has scored a point - which is more than we can say for Massa or Raikkonen - three races down and not a single point for Ferrari - bad times 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree