1. 6yd box
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 18:16
    Originally posted by invigorate
    She did have many tests in between the 3 misses, I believeshe was also tested within a week of missing the key third test.. I believe the rules changed after the first missed test.

The Court of Albitration for Sport said she was guilty of forgetfulness.

I'm sure she regrets missing the tests. Because of her punishment I think alll british athletes are more circumspect now.
    ...but a bit of a double standards from the GB here...Kelly Sotherton critised the inclusion of silver medal winner Lyudmila Blonska competiting in the hepathlone.
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ...but a bit of a double standards from the GB here...Kelly Sotherton critised the inclusion of silver medal winner Lyudmila Blonska competiting in the hepathlone.
    Lyudmila Blonska took drugs. Onheruygu did not.
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 23:05
    Originally posted by spurs73
    she missed THREE tests
    And over the same period passed THIRTEEN.
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 13:30
    The scary thing is that a number of Britains other top athletes are on 2 strikes. One more slip up and they'll face a similar ban to that CO served, plus exclusion from Olympics for life.

The system, whilst full of good intentions, stinks.

Sotherton was right to speak out against the Bulgarian.
  5. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 14:031 edit
    According to a story I read last week one British athlete (Natasha Danvers) was given a strike against her for missing a test even though she was at home at the time the testers supposedly called. She was lucky enough to be able to prove this, so got it overturned.

It does seem very easy to miss a test. And once you've missed one, it stays on your record for five years.
  6. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 14:19
    Originally posted by mtthw
    According to a story I read last week one British athlete (Natasha Danvers) was given a strike against her for missing a test even though she was at home at the time the testers supposedly called. She was lucky enough to be able to prove this, so got it overturned.

It does seem very easy to miss a test. And once you've missed one, it stays on your record for five years.
    In most lines of business if you have a meeting you will call the day before or the morning or the meeting to confirm the meeting details.

I understand giving too much notice could lead to masking agents being employed but you would imagine that some better communication would be possible in this day and age.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree